• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Your Delicate Words... Guys You Could Help, Too!

In summary, Jake is a great potential consultant, but his hands may not be 100% clean when he is preparing food. His director has offered to mention it to potential hosts, but Jake would like to address the issue himself.
AJPratt
Silver Member
So, I have a male consultant who is going to be great. He loves to cook and has a great personality. I only see one draw back. His hands. He is a mechanic and his hands are pretty dirty. I have mechanics in my family and it has never bothered me. However, knowing that he will be preparing food, my director said that we need to address it now before it becomes a problem. She has offered to mention it, and she is great, but I would like to be able to address this myself. What could I say that won't be mean or hurtful or make him uncomfortable?

Be forward and honest. Say, Jake, I am so excited that you are going to be doing shows. However I am a bit concerned with your day job possibly hurting your sales. I know how hard it can be to get the grease out from under your nails, would you consider wearing gloves so as not to turn off any prospective hosts and customers?Also, Lava soap is awesome at cutting grease and getting it out from under the nails!

Kate left nothing for me to say - she typed it EXACTLY as I would have suggested it!!

I agree completely with the above. I personally always wear gloves at my shows anyway & I've had many people notice & tell me how much they appreciate it.

I will certainly give it a try... although its really bad and I'm afraid they will see his hands before he puts the gloves on or when he is somewhere trying to get a booking.

He can talk about this being his second job in his intro. You know, my day job is a mechanic, but I do this for fun. What would you do with an extra $400 a month?

UPDATE: Took my new consultant to a show with me. He is SUCH a sweetheart! And, I don't have to address the hand issue! When he arrived they were clean!

On the way to the show he told me that on Tuesday before the cluster meeting he was called to do some emergency work and because he left right from the job to go to the meeting, he felt bad because his hands were filthy. I said "Oh, I didn't really notice, but they look just fine now!" Phew! Thanks for all of your advice! I was all ready to repeat word for word what Kate wrote and then when I saw his hands I was so relieved!

That is great Ann. I think he is going to be a fantastic consultant. What a relief on the hands.

That's great that his hands cleaned up! I was worried for you because DH is a gearhead and it seems he just can't get his hands clean. I think the grease is ingrained in there..lol.

FYI - my FIL is a mechanic and wears latex gloves while he works so that his hands don't have that perpetually greasy look.

Lava soap does work wonders. Also it maybe beneficial if he said something during his opening like his other job is as a mechanic so I'm going to use gloves so i don't add the wrong kind of oil to your food.

And now that I read your update, he probally won't need to joke

Related to Need Your Delicate Words... Guys You Could Help, Too!

What is "Need Your Delicate Words... Guys You Could Help, Too!"?

"Need Your Delicate Words... Guys You Could Help, Too!" is a campaign created by Pampered Chef to promote and spread awareness about the importance of using kind and respectful language in our daily interactions.

Why is Pampered Chef promoting this campaign?

At Pampered Chef, we believe in the power of words and the impact they can have on others. We want to encourage everyone to use delicate and thoughtful language to build positive relationships and create a kinder world.

How can I participate in the "Need Your Delicate Words... Guys You Could Help, Too!" campaign?

There are several ways to join our campaign! You can start by using delicate words in your everyday conversations and interactions, and by kindly reminding others to do the same. You can also share our campaign on social media and use the hashtag #NeedYourDelicateWords to spread the message even further.

What are some examples of delicate words?

Delicate words are words that are respectful, kind, and considerate of others' feelings. Some examples include "please," "thank you," "excuse me," "I'm sorry," "you're welcome," and "how are you?" Using these words can make a big difference in how we communicate with others.

Can men participate in this campaign as well?

Absolutely! We believe that everyone, regardless of gender, should use delicate words in their interactions. Men can play a crucial role in promoting this campaign and spreading kindness in their daily lives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Nanisu
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Nanisu
Replies