• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Tween Cooking Show Ideas? Let's Get Creative!

I would have told her that she needed to be more organized with her money and to bring more items to the show in order to increase her chances of success.
PChef_ang
Gold Member
I recevided an email from a past host of mine looking for a show geared for her 11 year old and friends:

Hi Angela, I would like to schedule a show in the month of July. I really would like it to be for my 11yr old daughter who likes to cook. Geared for snacks and meals that she and her tween friends could learn to make for after school and weekends. I looked at the catalog and didn't see kid chef items like I have seen in the past. Give me your feedback on this. I will probably see you at M.A.D.D. camp this year, I would want a current catalog for my daughter to look at and get her wish list together, and we could work out any other details if necessary.

Anyone have ideas for me? I have to say when it comes to things like this I am not that creative..

Thanks in advance for your help :)

So, would this just be the 11 yr old and her friends or would parents be there too? (you know - the ones with purchasing power!;) )

I would find that out before going any further with it.

I emailed her to ask if this would be a mom and daughter kind of thing. I'll keep you posted!

I did this for a customer for her 15 year old that wants to be a pastry chef. I sent her a catalog and her daughter made up a wish list. I made a poster with all her wish list items.

I met with the mom and gave her cattys to pass around and told her that it would be best to collect outside orders to increase her chances of getting more free product. She agreed and said she would try to hit up all the moms.

I also said that it was important that the girls understand it was a PC show and that they can pick items to purchase for ____ from a wish list SOOOO they should know to bring money. She certainly agreed and said she would definitely make sure it was understood.

We setup the show for a early evening and were going to make prep bowl cakes for the girls to decorate with all the fun tools. The girls showed up for a "slumber party" - NOT at all what I expected. They had a great time making the cakes and decorating them!!! When it came time to talk about picking items - they were totally clueless and said they didn't bring money. "Oh, was I supposed to bring money????". Also, no outside orders.

The show closed at $25 only because mom purchased one more item for her daughter to go along with the other ONE that was purchased. I drove over 125 miles to/from for that show.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I would not do anything like that again unless I knew parents were going to be there with checkbooks! Ha Ha.

ChefJWarren said:
I did this for a customer for her 15 year old that wants to be a pastry chef. I sent her a catalog and her daughter made up a wish list. I made a poster with all her wish list items.

I met with the mom and gave her cattys to pass around and told her that it would be best to collect outside orders to increase her chances of getting more free product. She agreed and said she would try to hit up all the moms.

I also said that it was important that the girls understand it was a PC show and that they can pick items to purchase for ____ from a wish list SOOOO they should know to bring money. She certainly agreed and said she would definitely make sure it was understood.

We setup the show for a early evening and were going to make prep bowl cakes for the girls to decorate with all the fun tools. The girls showed up for a "slumber party" - NOT at all what I expected. They had a great time making the cakes and decorating them!!! When it came time to talk about picking items - they were totally clueless and said they didn't bring money. "Oh, was I supposed to bring money????". Also, no outside orders.

The show closed at $25 only because mom purchased one more item for her daughter to go along with the other ONE that was purchased. I drove over 125 miles to/from for that show.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I would not do anything like that again unless I knew parents were going to be there with checkbooks! Ha Ha.

Just wondering how you delt with the mother afterwards??

I don't think I could be overly pleasent in that situation:mad:

She started cooking snacks after I finished my demo so we sat around and talked. She said she was really sorry and would try to collect more outside orders to at least make it a "show". She didn't. It's okay, I learned a valuable lesson and now "know better".

I'd also tell her that while there are some kid-friendly items (like the My Cutter and the thing that cuts the crust off the sandwiches) most things you have are items that are for everyone's kitchen (and generally, safe for kids to use.)

I'd market the Micro Cookers, ice cream sandwich maker, things like that.

P.S. You're in THE BORO? Ohmygoodness ... I am out that way all the time! You would not believe how close I work to you!

Related to Need Tween Cooking Show Ideas? Let's Get Creative!

What are some easy and healthy snacks for tweens?

Some easy and healthy snack ideas for tweens include fruit and veggie skewers, homemade trail mix, whole grain crackers with hummus, and yogurt parfaits with fresh berries.

What are some fun and interactive activities for tweens at a party?

Some fun and interactive activities for tweens at a party include a DIY pizza or cupcake bar, a photo booth with props, a scavenger hunt, and a dance party with a playlist of popular songs.

How can I incorporate cooking into a tween show?

Cooking can be incorporated into a tween show by featuring a cooking segment where tweens can learn how to make simple and healthy recipes, or by hosting a cooking competition where tweens can show off their skills and creativity.

Are there any budget-friendly ideas for a tween show?

Yes, there are many budget-friendly ideas for a tween show such as hosting a movie night with a DIY popcorn bar, organizing a game night with board games and homemade snacks, or having a craft station where tweens can make their own personalized items.

How can I make a tween show educational and informative?

To make a tween show educational and informative, you can include guest speakers who can teach tweens about important topics such as nutrition, mental health, or financial literacy. You can also incorporate interactive games and activities that promote learning and critical thinking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedmomto3
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
4kids4me
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Doraine
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies