• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Some "Seasoned" Direction on How to Make a Ring

In summary, the author had a difficult time making a ring out of the dough, and found a good solution by following a tip from another person. She is looking forward to sharing her recipes with the public on Sunday.
LCOLACHICO
Hi Again,

I just want to thank all of you that are so willing here to help me and others like me, and I wanted to thank everyone for sharing all that they do !!!
I can't even tell you how helpful you all have been to me ... Thank you !!

So I need help again.. I tried to make a "Ring" and had the worst experience:grumpy:

It was impossible for me ... I ended up taking each individual crescent and making it by itself with the scoop full of ingredients..

What happened ... I opened the roll to get started and the dough for one was super sticky, and really did not want to corporate.. and then when I got it all laid out I really did not have the 5in circle in the middle as it suggested.

My director suggested placing the dough in the freezer for a min or two before opening it, and the applying oil to the fingers to get the dough to work a bit better.. I thought that this was a great tip, and I am going to try it.

Any other info would be wonderful... I am dreading having to make this .. but I am going to change my "thinking" into a positive one...
and I am looking forward to all your great tricks !! :)
I have a show this Sunday and this is what the host has requested that I make... SHe has a guest coming and this is what the guest asked her to have me make !!!! what does this guest have that makes my host want to please her.. :confused: any way.. I am just bummed because we have so many NEW great recipes that I was looking forward to sharing... after all this is the same recipe that she had at her show back 11 yrs ago..
I am thrilled that she has asked me to do a show.. after 11 yrs.. she didn't care for the consultant and has waited this long to do another one..
I certainly want to make her happy and hopefully she will enjoy her show on Sunday..

Thank you !!!!

It's absolutely imperative that the dough be left in the fridge until the last possible minute before opening. If it warms up, it will be sticky and hard to work with.To get the circle in the middle, put one of the Appetizer Plates upside down in the middle of your stone, and place the dough around it. I always place mine at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock, then fill in with the rest of the dough so that they're evenly spaced.

Good idea !!! thank you .. that will be easy to remember ..

Do you have the ALL THE BEST cookbook? Making a ring is explained in there--with pictures!I do what Ann does and it always comes out just fine. Well, I don't use the appetizer plate, but I do the clock thing.

Oh I love the appetizer plate idea!!!! I just always free formed it - LOVE IT Ann!!

1. How do I properly season a ring?

To season a ring, you will need to first wash it with warm soapy water and dry it thoroughly. Then, coat the entire surface of the ring with a thin layer of oil, such as vegetable oil or canola oil. Place the ring on a baking sheet and bake it in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about an hour. Let the ring cool completely before wiping off any excess oil with a paper towel.

2. Can I use any type of oil to season a ring?

It is best to use a neutral-flavored oil, such as vegetable oil or canola oil, to season a ring. This will prevent any unwanted flavors from transferring to your food. You can also use specialized oils, such as mineral oil, specifically made for seasoning metal cookware.

3. How often do I need to season a ring?

How often you need to season a ring will depend on how frequently you use it. If you use the ring regularly, it is recommended to season it every few months. If you use it less frequently, you may only need to season it once a year.

4. Can I season a ring on a grill?

Yes, you can season a ring on a grill. Simply follow the same steps as seasoning it in the oven, but place the ring on the grill instead. Make sure to monitor the temperature and cooking time closely to prevent the ring from overheating or burning.

5. Why is it important to season a ring?

Seasoning a ring helps to create a natural non-stick surface, making it easier to release food and preventing it from sticking to the ring. It also helps to protect the ring from rust and corrosion, prolonging its lifespan. Additionally, a well-seasoned ring can enhance the flavors of your food and improve cooking results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahsellcm
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Boomerjojo
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies