• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need New Microwave; Need Suggestions

In summary, an expert suggests that you spend $100 or less on a microwave and get a model with a turntable on/off function.
AJPratt
Silver Member
Hi! My microwave won't fit the DCB and it is over 10 years old. So, I decided to use part of my commission check and get a new one. I was in Walmart and saw a few. And, I want to go to Target to check themout there, too. I am looking to spend $100 or less. We are broke, but the old one is making weird noises now and its scaring me. Good timing, I suppose!

Does anyone have any suggestions?

What size do I need to fit the DCB?

What about wattage?

at least 13 1/2 wide and 13 1/2 deep in the inside. i dont know bout wattage. mine is 1200. i bought a new one to fit it and it works fine. 119.00 at lowes.

Make sure you get one with a turntable on/off function. I burned up the motor on my turntable for my old one because the DCB is so heavy with the lid on. If you do put it in the MW with the lid on leave the turntable off and turn it half way through. BTW, I have a Sanyo now and love it.

I wondered about the motor burning up, my microwave is JUST big enough but sometimes it gets caught up and the table will still turn till it lets free. I never knew they had versions where you could turn it off. I would definitely do 1200W or above. 800 watt is just not strong enough. Mara

wish they would come out with one for leftys. with the panel on the left side of the microwave instead of the right. then the door would open easier, at least for me.

I bought a Sharp (same as the old one). Its 1100w and the DCB fits. It was on sale for $99, reg $119.

Then, I go online and I see reviews calling it crap. :( Some of the complaints were legit and others weird though, like about tape marks left on it. My last Sharp lasted 10+ years. I guess I will just have to see for myself. I'm not looking for convection or anything like that, just need something to heat things up and fit my DCB. I guess my expectations are lower. LOL

Oh, and I can take the turn table out, the little dial and glass plate.

Related to Need New Microwave; Need Suggestions

1. What are the top features to look for when purchasing a new microwave?

When looking for a new microwave, consider the size and capacity, power and wattage, cooking options, and ease of use. It's also important to take into account the space available in your kitchen and your budget.

2. Are there any specific brands that are recommended for microwaves?

Pampered Chef does not endorse any specific brand for microwaves. However, some popular and reliable brands include Panasonic, GE, and Samsung.

3. What is the average lifespan of a microwave?

The average lifespan of a microwave is about 9-10 years. However, this can vary depending on the brand, usage, and maintenance of the appliance.

4. Can I use metal cookware or utensils in a microwave?

No, it is not safe to use metal cookware or utensils in a microwave. This can cause sparks and damage to the appliance. It's best to use microwave-safe containers and utensils made of glass, ceramic, or plastic.

5. Are there any safety precautions I should take when using a microwave?

Yes, it's important to always follow the manufacturer's instructions and safety guidelines when using a microwave. This includes avoiding using metal, not leaving the microwave unattended while in use, and allowing food to cool before removing it from the appliance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • WLMcCoy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
WLMcCoy