• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Ideas for Father's Day Dinner

Hey, and you can even chose which show to watch! ;)I went to the grocery store today and splurged on a piece of Beef Tenderloin for us...why wait to Father's Day when DH is working all day - we're eating it tonight!
DessertDivaFL
Gold Member
I want to make a great Father's Day meal on Sunday night and I am curious what you guys are doing.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am also celebrating my mom's 70th birthday too! What recipes would "knock their socks off"?

shrimp ****tail and crab cakes
log of goat cheese rolled in crushed peppercorns broiled on baguette bread slices
grilled steak with blue cheese butter topped with peppercorn & wine gravy
salad with mesculin lettuce,
twice baked potatoes
steamed asparagus
heirloom tomatoes with basil, fresh mozzarella slices & balsamic vinagrettefor dessert fresh blackberries, strawberries, and raspberries over homemade ice cream

Wow!Is that what you're making or are these suggestions?

thats what I'm making along with sauteed mushrooms

Where do you get your tomatoes?Teresa, you may have a few extra guests at your front door Sunday! :D

Are your tomatoes from your garden? We had tomatoes pulled from our stores because of the e-coli outbreak. :(

Beef Tenderloin with Bourbon Cream Sauce
Garlic Mashed PotatoesDon't know what else...

...and my Mom turns 69 a few days after Father's Day. :)

mmmm bourbon cream sauce..to bad I am the cook in my house hold...mmm so what do I want to make for father's day...

no, the tomatoes will be from the farmers market on the vine (which is the only way I make them)

these all sound good, maybe we will just come to one of your homes :) ha ha
We are leaving for vacation the day after so I am not sure what we are going to do, we may just grill out, nothing fancy. I had to cook my mother's day meal, so maybe DH should cook his :)

Prime Rib is always good to make for a dad.

janetupnorth said:
...and my Mom turns 69 a few days after Father's Day. :)

My mom turns 70 on June 18. Is that your mom's B-Day?

DessertDivaFL said:
My mom turns 70 on June 18. Is that your mom's B-Day?

Sure is! Too funny!

janetupnorth said:
Sure is! Too funny!

Goes to show you how you have something in common with everyone.

i am coming to your house for dinner. LOL

Teresa Lynn said:
shrimp ****tail and crab cakes
log of goat cheese rolled in crushed peppercorns broiled on baguette bread slices
grilled steak with blue cheese butter topped with peppercorn & wine gravy
salad with mesculin lettuce,
twice baked potatoes
steamed asparagus
heirloom tomatoes with basil, fresh mozzarella slices & balsamic vinagrette

for dessert fresh blackberries, strawberries, and raspberries over homemade ice cream

I am coming to your house for dinner

if you come you must bring lobster!!!

Mr. Pampered Chef said:
mmmm bourbon cream sauce..to bad I am the cook in my house hold...mmm so what do I want to make for father's day...
Make a cheeken. :) Bork, Bork, Bork! :) LOL

Dh doesn't let me celebrate father's day for him because he says he isn't my father...I might make calzone's. They are one of his favorites and I make really yummy ones.

Then, because he loves veggies sooo much I'll make a ceasar salad to go along with it.

We'll just treat it like any other father's day.

Kitchen Diva said:
Dh doesn't let me celebrate father's day for him because he says he isn't my father...I might make calzone's. They are one of his favorites and I make really yummy ones.

Then, because he loves veggies sooo much I'll make a ceasar salad to go along with it.

We'll just treat it like any other father's day.

I read this and the first thought that came to mind was...

Who's your daddy?

Yes, bad...I know...it's a Friday and the MIS department at work was a little wild today! :eek:

janetupnorth said:
I read this and the first thought that came to mind was...

Who's your daddy?

Yes, bad...I know...it's a Friday and the MIS department at work was a little wild today! :eek:

That's funny, Janet! :) On that note I'm off to take a Zyrtec, pray my itchy eyes calm down for the night, and veg on the recliner, which I now have all to myself! :)

Kitchen Diva said:
That's funny, Janet! :) On that note I'm off to take a Zyrtec, pray my itchy eyes calm down for the night, and veg on the recliner, which I now have all to myself! :)

Hey, and you can even chose which show to watch! ;)

I went to the grocery store today and splurged on a piece of Beef Tenderloin for us...why wait to Father's Day when DH is working all day - we're eating it tonight!

Yum, yum! Almost done on the grill...that rosemary and garlic tastes great! ...my Bourbon Cream sauce is done and waiting!

What are some easy and delicious recipes for Father's Day dinner?

Some easy and delicious recipes for Father's Day dinner include BBQ ribs, grilled steak, baked salmon, chicken fajitas, and shrimp scampi. These dishes are sure to please any dad's taste buds and can be easily prepared at home.

What are some creative ways to incorporate grilling into Father's Day dinner?

One creative way to incorporate grilling into Father's Day dinner is to make kabobs with a variety of meats and vegetables. Another idea is to grill a whole chicken or turkey for a special meal. You can also grill fruit for a unique and tasty dessert.

What are some side dish ideas to pair with the main course for Father's Day dinner?

Some side dish ideas to pair with the main course for Father's Day dinner include grilled vegetables, corn on the cob, baked potatoes, mac and cheese, and a fresh garden salad. These dishes complement the main course and add variety to the meal.

Are there any Father's Day dinner recipes that can be made in advance?

Yes, there are several Father's Day dinner recipes that can be made in advance, such as lasagna, casseroles, and slow cooker meals. These dishes can be prepared the day before and reheated on Father's Day for a stress-free and delicious meal.

What are some easy and tasty dessert ideas for Father's Day dinner?

Some easy and tasty dessert ideas for Father's Day dinner include brownies, fruit crisps, ice cream sundaes, and chocolate chip cookies. You can also make a simple yet delicious fruit salad with fresh berries and whipped cream for a light and refreshing dessert option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
cookinforyou
Replies
Views
Admin Greg