• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Ideas for an Unusual Event

In summary, my friend is hosting a day long tattoo party and she is looking for ideas on how to make it more of a success. She is also thinking of turning it into a fundraiser for a community group. She is hoping that by putting flyers in people's doors and having a drawing for a "free cooking show", people will be more likely to attend.
lkprescott
Silver Member
Okay... this one might be out there for some but I'm going to be taking part in a day long event that should be lots of fun, to say the least.

My friend is hosting a tattoo party in November... 2 tattoo artists setting up shop in her house and another friend who does wonderful art to help sketch up ideas and such. I offered, since it's all day, to provide refreshments as a PC Consultant and to take orders, bookings and such... she LOVED the idea. Now I'm kinda wondering how to work this.

It's from noon until whenever... so I'm figuring on setting up and getting some nibblies going quick... pesto pizzas... beverages... other finger foods... the brie thingys that are in Season's Best... I'm figuring on it being a no demo show though just making food and allowing folks to look at the products, try them out if they wish, take a catalog/order form... that kind of thing. I'm also considering doing a drawing for a small something (I've got some mini-whippers)... I won't have a whole lot of room, I've been given the kitchen and she does have a center island which is where I'm figuring on doing most my magic... figure I'll put things out on SA plates... should I keep it to finger foods? Should I do much more? I'm afraid with everything else going on (folks getting tats and such) that it may not be a high sale day but I'm really hoping on being able to have lots of time to chat with folks about the opportunity and booking shows.

Ideas... anyone? I told you it was kinda out there... LOL

Who is providing the food? If it is you, go with something inexpensive. Plus, MAKE SURE that her guests know you are going to be there. I would suggest putting together some of the Homemade for the Holidays gifts and/or some of the ideas in the Holiday Mini Catalog for display.

Please make sure you don't end up being the caterer

Thanks for that. I definitely don't want to just be a caterer... I'm hoping to get something out of it other than "mmm... this tastes good".. She's also asked about turning it into a fund raiser for a community group she runs, so I'm hoping that will motivate her to help me get the word out for that.

I like the idea of having everyone enter a drawing for a "free cooking show"~hold one each hour and tell everyone that if they enter, they are obligated to hold the show. the "free" part comes as you will provide the ingredients for a recipe (I would go cheap on this) and they provide the house and friends! I did this at a local fundraising yard sale, and it was a success. You see, no one knows that you are then calling everyone back to let them know that they are the winner! Could be a potential for alot of bookings!

I like the way you think Meg! LOL... That's actually a good idea... I've thought of using that to draw folks in more too... and since folks may be looking to pay for a tattoo that day, which can be expensive, inserting the notion of something 'free' may do the trick!Thanks!

1. What are some unique themes for a pampered chef party?

Some unique themes for a pampered chef party could include a backyard BBQ, a wine and cheese night, a holiday cookie exchange, a girls' night in, or a cooking class with a specific cuisine or ingredient.

2. How can I make my pampered chef party stand out from other events?

You can make your pampered chef party stand out by incorporating interactive elements such as cooking demonstrations or hands-on activities, offering exclusive discounts or promotions, providing personalized recipe cards or party favors, and creating a fun and inviting atmosphere with decorations and music.

3. What are some creative ways to invite guests to my pampered chef party?

You can get creative with your invitations by sending out themed e-vites, creating personalized video invitations, sending out recipe cards with the event details, or hosting a social media event page where guests can RSVP and get updates on the party.

4. How can I accommodate dietary restrictions for my pampered chef event?

Pampered chef offers a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary needs, such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian options. You can also ask guests about their dietary restrictions beforehand and plan the menu accordingly, or provide alternative ingredients for guests to customize their own dishes.

5. What are some unique activities or games for a pampered chef party?

You can incorporate fun games or activities into your pampered chef party, such as a blind taste test, a recipe scavenger hunt, a cooking relay race, or a "Chopped" style cooking competition. You can also offer prizes for winners, such as pampered chef products or gift cards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bethany.harapat
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Jennie50
  • Teresa LM