• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Ideas for a Ministry Team Soup Dinner? Here's What to Bring | RSVP Now!"

In summary, the Oyster Snack Crackers, Beer Bread with the salsa/cheese variation on the box, and Pull Apart Garlic Bread are all good ideas for bringing food to a ministry team meeting.
raebates
Staff member
I'm going to a ministry team meeting this week. They're doing a soup dinner. I'm not a big soup person, so I'm trying to figure out what I can take to compliment the soups. I need to call and RSVP soon with the info.

Any suggestions?

TIA!

Oyster Snack Crackers - let me find the recipe - quick and easy!

Oyster Snack Crackers2 pkg. Oyster crackers
1 cup vegetable oil
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing Mix
1 tsp. dill weed
1 tsp. onion powder or salt OR ½ tsp. garlic powder or saltMix last four ingredients and pour on crackers – shake or stir once every 15 minutes for about an hour then serve.

I would take a braid of some sort.

The snack crackers are a great idea. The braid is also a good idea, but I'm closing two shows that day, so I won't be able to make anything right before I go.Keep the ideas coming!

Do the beer bread! Yum!

What about that 3 cheese walnut spread that has been showing up on here lately. Bring some crackers or toast up some french bread. The bread wouldn't have to be warm, just crunchy.

Mmm that walnut spread does look good! All this bread talk is making me hungry for lots of carbs!!!!!!!!! :eek:p

Last edited:
The Three-Cheese Walnut Spread would be a wonderful idea, if The Furry Guy wouldn't veto it immediately because of the blue cheese.Beer bread is also a great idea, but I know a few of the people at the meeting would balk at the beer. I usually make it with sparkling white grape or apple juice, but I think something savory would go better than something sweet.See my dilemma?

Rae,
How long of a travel time will you have?

Make Beer Bread with the salsa/cheese variation on the box (some salsa, some water, and shredded cheese). There's no alcohol in that, and it's definitely savory. And delicious!Otherwise, a basket of biscuits or rolls would be good.

It's about 25 minutes from our house to theirs. Also, I can't count on there being an oven or microwave available.

chefann said:
Make Beer Bread with the salsa/cheese variation on the box (some salsa, some water, and shredded cheese). There's no alcohol in that, and it's definitely savory. And delicious!

Otherwise, a basket of biscuits or rolls would be good.

That sounds great! I'll have to check that out when I get home.

You could make pull apart bread in the fluted pan. I use 3 cans of inexpensive small biscuits, quarter them, melt 1 stick of butter, 2 cloves pressed garlic, Italian seasoning and fresh parm cheese. Pour over the biscuits in the stone and bake at 350 for 20-22 mins. You could put foil over this and if you have the stoneware insulated carrier, put the whole thing in there and it will be hot when you get there. Flip it out on your platter and tada, impressive pull apart bread to compliment the soup. :thumbup:

Another good idea. I may do that if I don't have any beer bread mix at home.

raebates said:
Beer bread is also a great idea, but I know a few of the people at the meeting would balk at the beer. I usually make it with sparkling white grape or apple juice, but I think something savory would go better than something sweet.

See my dilemma?

Don't tell them its made with beer! They won't even be able to tell!

You can also use sparkling water and it works and tastes just as good!

Mmmmm!

Since it's a personal choice for several of them not to consume alcohol (even the small amount that's left after cooking), I wouldn't feel right not telling them. I've never tried it with sparkling water, though. I'll have to do that soon.

Ooooo....I'm getting hungry just reading this thread and I just ate lunch!

I've had the oyster crackers....VERY good. So I'd vote for those or the pull apart bread in the fluted stone. Always good "sides" for soup :)

Yeah!!! That's true. Wouldn't be nice to trick people into eating beer I guess!

I definately could imagine giving up alcohol in a drinking sense, but a good wine in a sauce and throwing a beer into a pot of chili really makes the biggest difference in taste! I dont know if I could ever give up cooking with alcohol, it really does enhance the dish. We cook with beer ALL OF THE TIME and love it! My husband's favorite thing to cook is chili, and he throws a dark beer in every time and I'm telling you... its the best I've ever had! Yumm!

Thanks for all your ideas. The Furry Guy decided that the pull-apart garlic bread sounded best. I called to RSVP for the meeting, and they didn't have anyone else bringing bread. Decision made.See? That's what I love about this site. I had to do a lot less thinking. :)

bsaxman said:
Yeah!!! That's true. Wouldn't be nice to trick people into eating beer I guess!

I definately could imagine giving up alcohol in a drinking sense, but a good wine in a sauce and throwing a beer into a pot of chili really makes the biggest difference in taste! I dont know if I could ever give up cooking with alcohol, it really does enhance the dish. We cook with beer ALL OF THE TIME and love it! My husband's favorite thing to cook is chili, and he throws a dark beer in every time and I'm telling you... its the best I've ever had! Yumm!

I'm with you. However, we have a large number of people from our church who have dealt with various addictions, including alcohol. We also have a few who are undergoing chemotherapy. For both of those groups, even the slightest hint of alcohol can be a problem. A teaspoon of vanilla isn't enough to cause a problem. The amount in a wine sauce, drunken chili (one of the versions we've used in the past), or beer bread, however, might be.

raebates said:
Thanks for all your ideas. The Furry Guy decided that the pull-apart garlic bread sounded best. I called to RSVP for the meeting, and they didn't have anyone else bringing bread. Decision made.

See? That's what I love about this site. I had to do a lot less thinking. :)
So how did the pull apart bread do? Did you do this in the fluted pan?
That's wwhy I love this site too! Sometimes I have zero brain cells left to think for myself :) .

I'll let you know after Saturday night. That's when the meeting will take place.

Thanks so much, Ruthie. The Italian Pull-Apart Bread was a huge hit! I'm taking several copies of the recipe with me to church this morning.

Thanks to everyone for your ideas. I appreciate your help.

Related to Need Ideas for a Ministry Team Soup Dinner? Here's What to Bring | RSVP Now!"

1. What types of soup should I bring to the dinner?

You can bring any type of soup that you enjoy making or believe others will enjoy. Some popular options include chicken noodle, vegetable, and chili. We also encourage you to get creative and try out new recipes!

2. Do I need to bring anything in addition to the soup?

We ask that each person also brings a side dish or dessert to accompany the soup. This will ensure that we have a well-rounded and delicious meal for our ministry team.

3. How much soup should I bring?

We recommend bringing enough soup to serve at least 8-10 people. This will ensure that there is enough for everyone to have a taste and go back for seconds if they wish.

4. Can I bring pre-made or store-bought soup?

Yes, you can bring pre-made or store-bought soup if you are short on time. However, we do encourage homemade soups as they often taste better and add a personal touch to the dinner.

5. Can I bring soup in a crockpot or should I bring it already heated?

You are welcome to bring the soup in a crockpot or already heated in a pot. We will have outlets available to keep the soup warm if needed. Just make sure to label your crockpot or pot with your name and phone number for easy identification.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
dianevill
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies