• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help With Quick Turkey Chili

In summary, ground beef can be used as a substitute for turkey in this chili recipe, but cooking time may need to be adjusted. To make the chili spicier, additional spices or hot sauce can be added. This chili can also be made in a slow cooker, stored in the fridge for 3-4 days, and frozen for up to 3 months.
chefShelby
My host wants this for my party tomorrow night so I figured I better try it out in advance so I made it today for lunch and wasn't that excited about the taste. My husband had two bowls and said it was good, but I though it was spicy hot but with not a lot of taste.

I wondered if I should take out the Jalapeno and add a little more southwestern seasoning mix so it gives it some extra flavor without making it TOO hot.

I am not a huge tomato fan, but I like chili. Wondered if it was just too much tomato for ME to like it but if most people would enjoy it.

Shelby

This is a very popular recipe for my shows and at home. In fact, I just got home from a lunch show today and that is what I demoed. Everyone said they liked it and it was all gone before I left. The host mentioned after the show that she is not a big tomato person either so she would probably only put in a 15 oz can of the tomatoes, likes spicy foods so would add more jalapenos. Everyone has their own taste.

Make sure you use the Core n More and take the seeds and veins out of the jalapeno. That is the only thing that would make the jalapeno leave that spicy of a taste. I love the Quick Turkey Chili and have done it at shows. I've always gotten good reviews.

Related to Need Help With Quick Turkey Chili

1. Can I substitute ground beef for turkey in this chili recipe?

Yes, ground beef can be used as a substitute for turkey in this recipe. However, the cooking time may need to be adjusted as beef typically takes longer to cook than turkey.

2. How can I make this chili spicier?

You can add additional spices such as cayenne pepper or chili powder to make the chili spicier. You can also add diced jalapenos or a few dashes of hot sauce to give it an extra kick.

3. Can I make this chili in a slow cooker?

Yes, this chili can be made in a slow cooker. Simply brown the turkey and mix in all the ingredients before transferring it to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.

4. How long will this chili keep in the fridge?

This chili can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days. Make sure to let it cool completely before storing it in an airtight container.

5. Can I freeze this chili?

Yes, this chili can be frozen for up to 3 months. Allow it to cool completely before transferring it to a freezer-safe container. When ready to eat, thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat on the stove or in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedmomto3
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • AZPampered Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefruthie
  • esavvymom