• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Easy and Whole Grain Alternative to "Cannned Bread"

In summary, the best whole grain alternative to canned bread is to make your own homemade bread using whole wheat flour. This will provide more nutrients and fiber. You can use a bread machine to make the bread and add extra flavor by mixing in nuts, seeds, dried fruits, or herbs. Making whole grain bread may require more effort and time, but it is not necessarily more difficult. There are also gluten-free options available, such as almond flour or coconut flour. Just be sure to adjust measurements accordingly.
chefgirlrd
I am looking for a ideas for a whole grain substitute for products like canned crescent rolls, canned pizza dough,etc

I have not seen any of these in a whole grain (or at least SOME whole grain)

So it looks like home made will be the key. But you know how people want EASY! So does anyone have some easy recipes for different doughs. Perhaps that could be made ahead and frozen.

If I run across any or try any out I will post them.

Thanks!

Mary

If you live near a Trader Joe's they make a whole wheat pizza dought for $1.50

While it's not whole grain, Pilsbury has a new line of refrigerated doughs called Simply that do not have hydrogenated oils in them and are generally lower in fat. I've seen biscuits, french bread/pizza dough and cookies. Definitely healthier!I'd second the Trader Joe's recommendation--it's really tasty!

You can contact a local Pizzaria and see if you can buy just the dough. My local one does this and they have both WW and regular.

I was going to suggest Trader Joe's, too. But a lot of health food stores will have pre-made dough, ready to bake. usually Pizza dough.Is it that you don't like the stuff or your guests? Either way, you can make the dough ahead, have it refrigerated, and say something like, "I didn't think you wanted to watch me make the dough. You could make it ahead like I did--I can give you the recipe--or you can take a short cut and use something like Pillsbury."and now that you have a start toward finding some wholegrain alternatives, from the other suggestions here....

1. What is the best whole grain alternative to canned bread?

Our top recommendation is to use whole wheat flour to make your own homemade bread. This will provide more nutrients and fiber compared to canned bread.

2. Can I use a bread machine to make a whole grain alternative to canned bread?

Yes, you can definitely use a bread machine to make whole grain bread. Simply substitute all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour and follow the recipe as usual.

3. How can I make my whole grain bread more flavorful?

To add more flavor to your whole grain bread, you can mix in ingredients like nuts, seeds, dried fruits, or herbs. You can also try using different types of whole grain flour, such as spelt or rye, for a unique taste.

4. Is whole grain bread more difficult to make than canned bread?

Making whole grain bread may require a little more effort and time compared to canned bread, but it is not necessarily more difficult. With the right recipe and technique, you can easily make delicious whole grain bread at home.

5. Are there any gluten-free options for a whole grain alternative to canned bread?

Yes, there are many gluten-free flour options that can be used to make whole grain bread, such as almond flour, coconut flour, or a gluten-free flour blend. Just be sure to check the recipe and adjust the measurements accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • Oracle
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ritabenson
  • chefsteph07