• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Cake and Dinner Ideas for a Kid's Sleepover Party?

In summary, the conversation revolves around planning for a sleepover birthday party for a daughter. The first request is for ideas on what kind of cake to make, with the preference for an impressive, fun, and easy option due to limited time and creativity. The second request is for dinner ideas, with the mention of mini pizzas as a possibility but uncertainty about its level of fun. The conversation then shifts to a consultant's experience with a girls' birthday party, where they made various dishes and drinks together, and the idea of making molten lava cakes in prep bowls is brought up. There is also a mention of a cute sleepover cake with Ho-Ho's that the speaker would like to find. Eventually, the speaker decides to make a
babywings76
Gold Member
I have 2 requests for ideas:

1. My daughter is having a sleepover birthday party Fri. night. I have no idea what kind of cake to make. I don't have a ton of time, and am not super creative, so I need an impressive, fun and easy cake to make. Any ideas?

2. I was trying to figure out what to serve them for dinner. It's just 4 girls and my daughter. I was thinking mini pizzas and they can do their toppings. But is that fun enough? Are there PC recipes that would be better? I don't have the cut n seal.

One of my consultants just did a girls' b-day party show. They made (because they all cooked together) a sparkling beverage in the quick stir, cheeseburger salad, 1 min, 10 sec. SA cakes, fruit kebabs with fruit dip and -- ah, I was on the phone with her and typing then we each got calls. I'll get back to you.

On the cakes, I would check Familyfun.com they have LOTS of cute and easy cake ideas!

Ok, it was fancy fruit kebabs, fluffy pb dip, cool calypso dip, hawaiian fruit dip, sparkling citrus cooler, deluxe cheeseburger salad, molten lava cakes or 1 min 15 sec cakes. She had recipe cards (which she's sending me) for all of these and the girls made mini recipe books there. Then, extra recipes to take home were jerk chicken nachos, creamy one pot pasta, spinach carbonara pizza, not a creature was stirring cupcakes, marshmallow treat ornaments, candycane brownie lollipops. I'll post when she sends them to me.

Here's the file of recipe cards. Again, this was a show that was the little girl's bday party as well. The girls took the recipe books home to their parents with the hope of getting orders. I don't think she got much out of it, but the girls had a blast! That's why I though of it for you.

Attachments

• kids show recipe cards.doc
    327.5 KB · Views: 483
Can the molten lava cakes be made in the prep bowls? Or are they too small? I only have 2 of the small square bowls, is that what the recipe is leaning towards?

I've never made. My consultant who gave me the info said she makes them in the small sa bowls for 1 min 30 sec. She's never made in prep bowls.

I remember seeing a cute sleepover cake somewhere on the internet (it might have been posted here, actually). It was a 9x13 cake with Ho-Ho's on top under the frosting, so that the resultant lumps represented kids in sleeping bags.

How cute! I'll have to see if I can find that. Not sure if I can make that this time because I already went shopping late last night to get the stuff. I was thinking of making things as easy as possible for me (I'm so stressed right now with the amount of PC stuff I have to get done), so I decided to just make a yellow cake mix and add the pudding mix to it and make it in the fluted stone, then frost with choc. frosting and sprinkle M&M's on. We are going to make pizza for dinner. I was trying to figure out how they can make their own ones. I bought Pillsbury pizza crust and am going to see if I can cut it into small crusts, or I also bought the Pillsbury Grands biscuits and was thinking maybe if I flatten them out they could work as a crust? I bought extras to experiment for lunch today. If that doesn't seem to be that great, I'll just bag the idea and make regular pizzas with different toppings on each half.

For individual pizzas, just unroll the crust and cut it into squares. Let each girl have a square of dough to top. I think that the pizza is a good idea. What kid doesn't like pizza?

chefann said:
For individual pizzas, just unroll the crust and cut it into squares. Let each girl have a square of dough to top.

I think that the pizza is a good idea. What kid doesn't like pizza?

Great idea, cutting it into squares. Thanks! Who says pizza has to be round?!! ;) I think that will work great and be the easiest way to go for me.

1. What are some fun and creative birthday cake ideas for a 9-year-old?

At Pampered Chef, we have a variety of cake molds and pans that make it easy to create unique and exciting birthday cakes. Some ideas for a 9-year-old's birthday cake could include a rainbow cake, ice cream cone cake, or a unicorn cake. You could also use our character cake pans to make a cake shaped like your child's favorite cartoon or movie character.

2. Can you recommend any healthy options for a birthday cake?

Of course! At Pampered Chef, we have a selection of recipes for healthier cakes that use ingredients like applesauce or Greek yogurt in place of oil, and whole wheat flour instead of white flour. You could also try making a fruit tart or a yogurt parfait cake for a lighter birthday treat.

3. My child has food allergies, are there any allergy-friendly cake options?

Yes, we have many cake recipes that can accommodate different food allergies. We also offer a variety of gluten-free, dairy-free, and nut-free baking mixes and ingredients. You could make a delicious allergy-friendly cake using our gluten-free flour or dairy-free cake mix.

4. I'm not a skilled baker, do you have any simple cake ideas?

Absolutely! We have plenty of easy cake recipes for all levels of bakers. Our stoneware bundt cake pan makes it easy to make a beautiful and delicious cake with minimal effort. You could also try a no-bake cake, such as our icebox cake, which only requires a few simple ingredients and no baking skills.

5. How can I personalize my child's birthday cake?

One of the best ways to personalize a birthday cake is by using our letter and number cake molds. You can spell out your child's name or age and decorate the cake with their favorite colors and toppings. You could also use our decorating tools, like the pastry bags and tips, to add a personal touch to the cake with frosting or icing designs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies