• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating Air Travel After 9/11: Tips & Advice

In summary, according to TSA regulations, carry-on luggage after 9/11 is allowed to contain liquids, gels, and aerosols in containers of 3.4 ounces or less in a quart-sized clear bag. Sharp objects, firearms, and explosives are not allowed. Food can be brought on the plane, but may be subject to additional screening. Shoes must be removed at security, unless exempted by TSA PreCheck or certain circumstances. Laptops and electronic devices are allowed, but must be removed for screening. The TSA PreCheck program allows eligible travelers to go through an expedited security process.
amy07
Ok, I have not flown since 09/11. It has nothing to do with 09/11, just haven't had the opportunity. So, in trying to find a flight for leadership I can NOT afford a direct flight to CVG. So I started checking out other flights to the airports suggested by HO and checking times with the shuttle service.

Well, one of the flights i found I would need to change in CVG!!!! SO, I was thinking I'll take this flight, not do the connection. BUT will it be a problem on the return if I just board in CVG and not in Lexington? I wasn't sure with all the new security measures. Thanks for you help!

Yes- you will have a problem, especially if you check bags. And the airlines check passenger lists. If you don't board for the first leg of the flight, they may give your seat away to someone flying standby, so you wouldn't have a spot to board to on the second leg.

see, I knew that I should've just asked you to begin with!! LOL Thanks for the info, I didn't even think about the checked baggage part. Oh, well, the flight times are still good as is the price!!

Ann is right, you will have even further issues flying home or in the future if you don't take the whole flight.

Related to Navigating Air Travel After 9/11: Tips & Advice

1. What items are allowed in carry-on luggage after 9/11?

According to TSA regulations, you are allowed to bring liquids, gels, and aerosols in containers of 3.4 ounces or less in a quart-sized clear bag. Sharp objects such as scissors, knives, and razors are not allowed, along with firearms and explosives. It is always best to check the TSA website for a comprehensive list of prohibited items before packing your carry-on.

2. Can I bring food on the plane?

Yes, you are allowed to bring food on the plane. However, certain items may be subject to additional screening, such as liquids or gel-like items. It is recommended to pack solid food items in your carry-on, and liquids in your checked luggage to avoid any delays at security.

3. Do I need to remove my shoes at security?

In most cases, you will be required to remove your shoes at security. However, TSA PreCheck members are not required to remove their shoes. Additionally, those wearing medical devices or children under 12 years old may also be exempt from this requirement. It's always best to check with the TSA website for the most up-to-date information.

4. Can I bring my laptop on the plane?

Yes, laptops and other electronic devices are allowed in carry-on luggage. However, they must be removed from your bag and placed in a separate bin for screening at security. Make sure to have your laptop easily accessible to avoid holding up the line.

5. What is the TSA PreCheck program?

The TSA PreCheck program is a program that allows eligible travelers to go through an expedited security screening process. This means you do not have to remove your shoes, belt, or light jacket, and can keep your laptop and liquids in your bag. To be eligible, you must apply and be approved for the program. More information can be found on the TSA website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies