• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

National Conference Dress Code: Tips and Ideas for Professional Attire

In summary, National Conf was casual, Leadership is more professional than National, and you don't need to wear suits to attend.
DebbieJ
I found National Conf to be on the casual side. What is Leadership like?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a SAHM that loves my yoga pants, but I'm thinking Leadership is more a business meeting than a convention, IYKWIM?? If so, I need to go shopping!!!

What does everyone wear?

My Director had a chat with those of us from the cluster who are going and said that it's definitely more professional than National. Suits aren't necessary, but generally you'll see people in nice separates. And the dinner (Tues. night) is pretty dressy (I think she used the phrase "like going to a wedding").I'm packing stuff that I usually wear to work: slacks, camis and blazers.

NationalI haven't been to Leadership yet, but I can tell you that NC is SUPPOSED to be business casual, at a minimum. No jeans, tanks, shorts, etc. The first year I about went broke buying stuff because I didn't want to break the rules, and then found out a large portion were in jeans, shorts, etc.

I would assume that Leadership has the same expectations, but I don't know what everyone will be wearing!

I know TPC wants these conferences to be professional, but boy did I struggle that first year! I felt like (and still do a little bit) that this is our business, and one of the reasons we join is that we don't have someone telling us what to wear! Don't get me wrong, I would never wear shorts or something dirty or holey, but I do wear capris (summer) and jeans (winter) with a nice top to my shows.

Don't know if that helped at all, but I would definitely plan on "business casual" unless someone who has been says otherwise!

Have a great time! I can't wait to hear the report!

My director said business casual but NO jeans. I plan on wearing dress pants and button down shirts to conference. My director told me for the dinner on Tuesday that is like Sunday best dressy, which I don't know how much that applies cause at my church I see people in shorts and jeans. I bought a nice black skirt yesterday that I am going to wear to the dinner I just have to decide what top to wear.

I'll be all dressed up in my "business casual" wear sitting on the couch at home waiting for the phone to ring!!

gilliandanielle said:
I'll be all dressed up in my "business casual" wear sitting on the couch at home waiting for the phone to ring!!

Ummm - would that "business casual" look include some new jammies and slippers from VS?

Exactly!! You caught me Becky!

As someone who has been to 2 Leadership conferences you will notice a major change in the dress of the people there. This is not a National Conference this conference is for the leaders of the company. Most people dress like they are going to work in an office. If that helps.

I LOVE Leadership Conference! It makes me feel like a "real" business person, which is nice for a SAHM of four!!

I wear Lounge pants and t-shirts to work! LOL I do daycare in my home!
So do you mean to tell me I have to go buy clothes now? I really tuely don't have much to wear I have recently dropped 23 lbs and haven't worked outside the home for almost 4 yrs!

I talked to my director and I'm using this as an excuse to go shopping. :) Off to the mall for me tomorrow.

Related to National Conference Dress Code: Tips and Ideas for Professional Attire

What is the dress code for National Conference?

The dress code for National Conference is business professional. This means that attendees should dress in polished and conservative attire, such as a suit or dress with a blazer.

Can I wear jeans to National Conference?

No, jeans are not appropriate for the National Conference dress code. Attendees should avoid casual attire and opt for more formal and polished clothing.

Are open-toed shoes allowed at National Conference?

Yes, open-toed shoes are acceptable as long as they are in good condition and appropriate for a business professional setting. However, it is always a good idea to err on the side of caution and choose closed-toe shoes for a more polished look.

Do I have to wear a blazer or suit jacket?

While a blazer or suit jacket is not required, it is highly recommended to complete a business professional look. If you choose not to wear one, make sure your outfit is still polished and appropriate for a professional setting.

Can I wear bright or bold colors to National Conference?

It is best to stick to neutral and conservative colors for National Conference. However, subtle pops of color are acceptable, but avoid anything too bold or distracting. Remember, you want to make a good impression and stand out for your professionalism, not your outfit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • ldynred7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies