• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Recruiter Is Awesome.... Not Exactly.

In summary, Amanda advises to find opportunities to meet other moms, go to places where they congregate, and wear branded clothing to make connections. She also advises to start a garage sale and wear branded clothing to increase business.
rompydompy
Well, I think I want to pull this post down... permanent posts ranting are probably not a good idea ;-)

Last edited:
My advise to you is give her back her leads and get busy on working your business. ;)Catalog tote, sling bag, logo wear & car decals will help you meet people as will finding your own booth opportunities. Find baby/toddler playgroups. Go to the park. Go to child friendly locations where you can meet other Moms and start making friends.Although it helps to have a supportive upline who's willing to help you get your business up & off the ground, it's not a necessity. You CAN do this on your own if you start thinking about ways to succeed. Don't be the victim of your recruiter. Be the survivor. ;)

Sheila, I LOVE reading your posts! I know I can do it, I have my first show, a bridal shower, in less than a month!!! Im so excited! I hate to be ungrateful, because the gesture in itself was nice, it was just a little jarring to me, and the people on the other end of the line, to realize these contacts were over a year old! B

Ive tried several things like booths and open houses, they've just not been very productive for me yet. Thankfully, I have a show booked in April and one in May, so Im hoping my "magnetic personality" will get me lots and lots of bookings off of those :D

Thanks for knocking me off my pity pot with some positivity!

Even if the contacts she gave you were recent legitimate contacts, it still might throw people off to have someone else calling them. I'd probably not work those leads, or figure out what to say so they aren't thrown off too much...but I can't figure out what wording I'd use honestly...it's just kind of awkward. KWIM?I'd get the catalog tote and be "open for business" as you run errands. Find reasons to go places...grocery store (and go more often then you currently are), go inside the bank, the post office. I joined a gym to get me in shape, but there have been some business plusses from joining, too! I wear logo shirts and carry a catalog tote and people have placed orders and asked me about PC. I started my preschooler in Karate classes and a mom there saw my bag and asked to look through a catalog during the time and threw a $60 order at me! lolFind a mom's group, or go to a play area at a mall (or with spring here, start going to parks--every one has cabin fever, so as soon as the weather is nice, everyone will be outside more.)Try to do things for the fun of the activity, but be open for business. (try not to look like you are there with an ulterior motive.) ;) As you meet people, ask them what they do--they tend to ask back the same question. When people say "Pampered Chef? I love Pampered Chef! Are you a consultant?" Say "Yes, I am--do you have a consultant yet?" When was your last party? or What's your favorite product? Would you like to see what's new? Have some mini catalogs with your info on it. Carry notepaper or drawing slips and have them fill out their info. Try to stay cool and casual and not over-eager so you don't scare them away. (It's easy to be excited when you get a new contact! :D )It's also going to be garage sale season soon. Wear your tote and hit the sales. :) Have one of your own and set up a little info table--promoting the amazing deal they can get when they host or start their business (don't try to get sales..people at yard sales are looking for used PC stuff they can get for a buck ;) )Good luck! You can do it--your success isn't dependent upon your recruiter! :)

Glad to took it for the pep talk it was intended to be. I was hoping that it wasn't coming off as too abrasive. ;)Amanda's right. There are potential customers EVERYWHERE you go! I wore my HWC logo jacket & carried the sling bag to play bingo 7 nights ago. Someone at the table pointed at the mini catalog & asked "so you just carry one of those around?" I told her no, I carry a bunch of those around! Then laughed. She said "Well, give me one!!!" (with a big joking smile of course) When I haded her one the girl next to her asked for one too. I had never met either but asked them both if they would like to be on my e-mail newsletter. They both said yes. Of course I had contact forms AND my logo pens with my personal information that I handed them. Then told them they could keep the pens. 3 days went by & I received a $63 online order on my web page from one of them. ;)Leads are everywhere. You just have to make yourself known. Go get 'em tiger!

(which pens are they Shelia? That's a great idea!)

Sheila said:
My advise to you is give her back her leads and get busy on working your business. ;)

Catalog tote, sling bag, logo wear & car decals will help you meet people as will finding your own booth opportunities. Find baby/toddler playgroups. Go to the park. Go to child friendly locations where you can meet other Moms and start making friends.

Although it helps to have a supportive upline who's willing to help you get your business up & off the ground, it's not a necessity. You CAN do this on your own if you start thinking about ways to succeed. Don't be the victim of your recruiter. Be the survivor. ;)

This is why I love reading your posts, Sheila! You are ALWAYS so positive, even when we feel crummy! You just have a way with words and relaying the message in a way that is easy to receive. Thanks for all you do!

Thanks Bethany!

Mary-Anna, it's the Personalized BIC® Clic Stic Pens (Item #714076000) on the Merrill Web Page:

DSC05230.jpg

You have to buy them 300 at a time, but when I did the math & realized how many of my regular pens were growing legs, I decided I should just bite the bullet and let those pens be marketing! LOL Now, when I have someone fill out a contact form, I take the form back & tell them they can keep the pen. Even if they throw away the mini catalog, they will remember me until the ink runs out on that pen! LOL I've been wanting them for a LONG time, but couldn't justify the expense. Now I'm glad that I did finally do it.

Oh, and I ordered them in early December as one of my Christmas Presents, then was "paid as" Advanced Director that month. Doesn't bother me that the title should read AD and not D ... I'll still pass them out! :D

I love those Sheila. I may make those my gift to myself when I become a director.... Gotta make that happen quick!!!!

Sheila, you are SO RIGHT about the pens!! I know I need to, but I have not yet bitten the bullet on the pens. My husband never printed out business cards when he had his business, he bought pens instead.

For our wedding, we gave away pens. it was a three sided pen. One side had the traditional Joel & Jane, then next side had BOTH of our wedding dates (we got legally married before I left for Iraq and then did the church wedding after I came home), the third side had the website for his business (got to write that expense off :) )

I looked into getting my own pens without the logo or the tagline, but think I could still get in trouble putting my website on the pen which is the only reason I haven't gotten pens. I used to work through a company owned by someone in my National Guard unit. I wasn't real picky about pen style and would call up and say "What's on sale?" They always got me nice pens at a good price (better than the Merrill pens)

I haven't had an issue with these yet. They write fine. And I really was buying LOTS of pens before because they kept disappearing! If I'm going to keep investing in pens, they might as well be advertising for me!!!My sister owns a business and has pens that say "this pen was stolen from [company name]" People think it's so funny that they "steal" them right in front of her. But she knows, that they are going to go SHOW that pen to someone else! It's a great marketing technique!!! LOL

1. What is "My Recruiter Is Awesome.... Not Exactly." about?

"My Recruiter Is Awesome.... Not Exactly." is a book written by a former recruiter, sharing insights and experiences from the recruiting industry.

2. Who is the author of "My Recruiter Is Awesome.... Not Exactly."?

The author of "My Recruiter Is Awesome.... Not Exactly." is a former recruiter, who goes by the pen name "Recruiting Insider".

3. Is "My Recruiter Is Awesome.... Not Exactly." only for recruiters?

No, "My Recruiter Is Awesome.... Not Exactly." can be beneficial for anyone interested in learning more about the recruiting industry and how it works.

4. What can readers expect to learn from "My Recruiter Is Awesome.... Not Exactly."?

Readers can expect to gain a better understanding of the recruiting process, insider tips and tricks, and real-life stories from the author's experience in the industry.

5. Where can I purchase "My Recruiter Is Awesome.... Not Exactly."?

"My Recruiter Is Awesome.... Not Exactly." can be purchased on major online retailers such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble, as well as in select bookstores.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Zergus
  • melaniehay22
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
pcjenr
  • Gina M