• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Cat Is Trying to Be Nice........

definitely! Our cats took about 6 months to finally tolerate each other. Well, the male actually wanted to be friends from the start, but the female wanted nothing to do with it :) Poor guy!LOL - our cat was 13 when we got our new kitten...um, I mean baby boy. She has never warmed up to him, although he tries really hard to be her friend. She's 17 now, and he is just too loud, quick, and unpredictable for her.
amy07
I have a 14 year old cat that is my first child. So, 3 weeks ago we adopted 2 baby kittens. Needless to say the old-timer is VERY upset! He will not even come into the house, and when he does he smacks them and hisses.
So this afternoon as I was walking up the driveway to get my children off the bus, what do I find? A dead snake that my cat left for us!:yuck::yuck::grumpy: He was sitting beside it and I swear he looked like he was grinning!:rolleyes:

We have a 14 year old cat too...she only catches and leaves mice when my mom is here to visit. My mom HATES dead mice...yup...Asher knows that! ;)

yeah, my biggest fear on this earth is snakes. alive or dead doesn't matter. I'm thinking he's thinking payback.......

He was trying to please you!! Growing up I lived out on a farm, and we always had to check the front step before heading out in the morning. We had a barn cat that always showed off her catch, could be anything from snakes to birds, even had a rabbit once!!
A year ago we brought home a new kitten, the queen, my 8 year old cat, still hisses at him, and won't have anything to do with him. And he sooo wants to play with her!!

amy07 said:
I have a 14 year old cat that is my first child. So, 3 weeks ago we adopted 2 baby kittens. Needless to say the old-timer is VERY upset! He will not even come into the house, and when he does he smacks them and hisses.
So this afternoon as I was walking up the driveway to get my children off the bus, what do I find? A dead snake that my cat left for us!:yuck::yuck::grumpy: He was sitting beside it and I swear he looked like he was grinning!:rolleyes:

Aww, what a sweet boy! He's like "See Mom, I am still here! Look what I can do!" :)

pjpamchef said:
He was trying to please you!! Growing up I lived out on a farm, and we always had to check the front step before heading out in the morning. We had a barn cat that always showed off her catch, could be anything from snakes to birds, even had a rabbit once!!
A year ago we brought home a new kitten, the queen, my 8 year old cat, still hisses at him, and won't have anything to do with him. And he sooo wants to play with her!!

usually it is moles, birds, mice, and once a squirrel.

i guess he's trying to prove that he still is just as spunky as the new additions, which by the way are so daggone cute it is not even funny. the kids named them: Yoda & Miley. Can you guess what my kids like?

amy07 said:
usually it is moles, birds, mice, and once a squirrel.

i guess he's trying to prove that he still is just as spunky as the new additions, which by the way are so daggone cute it is not even funny. the kids named them: Yoda & Miley. Can you guess what my kids like?

Umm...Star Wars and Hannah Montana?

Give him a nice can of moist cat food and some extra lovin'. :)

Our cat did the same thing when we got a new kitten (well, no dead animals but the other behaviors). We got our kitten in May and the older cat is now just warming up to him. It will take time and patience.

wadesgirl said:
Our cat did the same thing when we got a new kitten (well, no dead animals but the other behaviors). We got our kitten in May and the older cat is now just warming up to him. It will take time and patience.

Definitely! Our cats took about 6 months to finally tolerate each other. Well, the male actually wanted to be friends from the start, but the female wanted nothing to do with it :) Poor guy!

LOL - our cat was 13 when we got our new kitten...um, I mean baby boy. She has never warmed up to him, although he tries really hard to be her friend. She's 17 now, and he is just too loud, quick, and unpredictable for her.She doesn't go outside anymore, but she used to love to bring me mice, moles, and other special treats. One time, she got into the house with a bird that was still alive. She let go of it, and it flew up and perched on the ceiling fan, dripping blood onto my carpet below!:yuck::cry:Now, I think if a mouse or bird came and sat next to her, she'd look at it, yawn and stretch, and go back to sleep.:rolleyes:

My two labs are going through a transition right now also. We just got two 12 week old lab puppies and they are full of p&v:D.

Mocha my female lab is due to have babies on the 20th and she just looked at DH and I like, what the heck, I am suppose to be getting all of your love and attention right now. Believe me she does. :)

Here are pictures of Mocha, Ruby (black puppy) and Amy (chocolate puppy).

Attachments

• Mocha Amy James.JPG
    Mocha Amy James.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 268
  • Ruby and Mocha.JPG
    Ruby and Mocha.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 250
  • Ruby Amy.JPG
    Ruby Amy.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 248
Oh you guys are making me cry. I just lost my Sweetie kitty yesterday to FIP.:cry: She would always bring me gifts and make a funny meow to let me know she brought me a critter, usualy alive in the house then I have to chase it down LOL. I think she had fun watching me hunt them down. I'm going to miss my sweet girl.

we just lost a cat to FIP as well, =(, now have a new kitten. Our old guy likes her ok, the black female hates her, and our grey 1 1/2 yr old has been an awesome big brother to the kitten. She was too young to be away from her mom, vet put her at 4 weeks when we got her, only weighed 1 pound.

amy07 said:

I'm LOL out loud because I can totally picture that. We have a small cat- her name is Camilla Bean. A few weeks ago I changed her name to Ninja Kitty... (and I swear she's a spy...sometimes she just sits on the entertainment center- staring at us, and looking back and forth, and she makes expressions like she's taking mental notes. Then she'll hop down and disapear.. I'm sure it's to check in with her spy leaders and feed them info on us- I don't have proof, it's all speculation at this point...more on my ninja spy cat later)

well, it got cold last night. so the mighty warrior finally ventured inside to join the family again. He is very vocal right now about not liking that they are still here.

amy07 said:
well, it got cold last night. so the mighty warrior finally ventured inside to join the family again. He is very vocal right now about not liking that they are still here.

Hey - he brought you a snake...what more does a guy need to do to show you that those other two creatures aren't needed?:grumpy:

:D:D:D

ChefBeckyD said:
Hey - he brought you a snake...what more does a guy need to do to show you that those other two creatures aren't needed?:grumpy:

:D:D:D

ya know, snakes are my biggest fear on this earth (DH says it's not a fear, but a phobia it is so bad). While I'm never happy that he brings him, I am very happy that he kills them first!;)

these new babies will be inside only if I can help it. They will probably have a little longer coat, and i do not want to have to comb out the yuck from being in the woods....

My kitty is an in door kitty. We tried to put him outside but he's scared of grass!! He does go out on our patio for a few minutes then starts to howl to come back inside. He is huge and it looks totally ridiculous to see this huge cat screaming at the top of his lungs cause he's scared of grass.

We got him when my hound was sick to chear him up, it worked :) Now they are best friends and sleep together everynight.

I'm glad he has decided to rejoin the family, even if he is still mad.

Here's some information on introducing a new cat (or cats) to the household:
ASPCA: Pet Care: Cat Care: Introducing a New Cat
How to Introduce Your New Cat to the Rest of the Tribe
Please note, this CAN be done even after they've met. Just seperate them and introduce them as if they've never met before.
Smell is VERY important to cats so concentrate on letting them get used to each other's scents before they see each other. A successful introduction can take days or weeks. The slower you proceed the better.

pamperedpals said:
My two labs are going through a transition right now also. We just got two 12 week old lab puppies and they are full of p&v:D.

Mocha my female lab is due to have babies on the 20th and she just looked at DH and I like, what the heck, I am suppose to be getting all of your love and attention right now. Believe me she does. :)

Here are pictures of Mocha, Ruby (black puppy) and Amy (chocolate puppy).

I used to have a chocolate lab that looked just like Amy when we got him :) :)

Related to My Cat Is Trying to Be Nice........

What are some ways my cat tries to be nice?

Some ways your cat may try to be nice include bringing you gifts, such as dead prey or toys, grooming you, kneading or "making biscuits" on your lap, or following you around the house.

Why does my cat bring me dead prey?

Cats are natural hunters and bringing you dead prey is a way for them to show their hunting prowess and provide for their family (you).

Why does my cat knead on my lap?

Kneading is a behavior that cats learn from their mother as kittens, and it is a sign of affection and comfort for them. It also helps them mark their territory with their scent glands on their paws.

How can I tell if my cat is grooming me?

If your cat is gently licking or nibbling on your hair or skin, they are likely grooming you. They may also rub their face against you to leave their scent and mark you as part of their family.

Why does my cat follow me around the house?

Cats are curious creatures and they may follow you around to see what you are doing or to make sure you are safe. They may also just want to be close to you and enjoy your company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lesliec
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
emiscookin
  • peichef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Back