• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Motivating My First Recruit: Tips for Encouraging Success in Direct Sales

In summary, My first recruit signed up two weeks ago. She signed for that great deal to get half off her kit in 30 days. I told her that was an excellent deal and to really push her first 30 days. She seemed quite excited at first before her kit even came... now two weeks later she hasnt held one show and I dont think she has any dates yet. I call and ask and she just says, yea I know, I am going to get some definates really soon. I think she has one catalog show going so that is good but it just frusrates me that she already isnt trying! This is my MIL so I kinda figured she would do this as I have heard she
melaniepc
my first recruit signed up two weeks ago. She signed for that great deal to get half off her kit in 30 days. I told her that was an excellent deal and to really push her first 30 days. She seemed quite excited at first before her kit even came... now two weeks later she hasnt held one show and I dont think she has any dates yet. I call and ask and she just says, yea I know, I am going to get some definates really soon. I think she has one catalog show going so that is good but it just frusrates me that she already isnt trying! This is my MIL so I kinda figured she would do this as I have heard she signed up to sell other things in the past and never did it. Why pass up such a great deal though to get back half your kit cost? What else can I do?

I'm not much help as I'm having the same problem. My recruits 30 day mark has come and gone. She has submitted one show. I gave her a bunch of outside orders (over $90) so that she could combine them with a few she had to give her another show. That was a week ago. She still hasen't put the show in so I e-mailed her asking if something was wrong if she needed help getting it in. She e-mailed back and told me she sent it in and HO didn't "take it" that I would just have to tell my customers they would have to wait!:eek: I sent her an e-mail back telling her that I thought she was missing a very important part of what we as consultants offer opposed to a store... customer care. I may have just shot myself in the foot, I tried to be polite but you know well that carries through an e-mail. I would have called her but she won't return my calls.
I'm kind of thinking that recruiting is not for me.

Sadly, you have to remember that this is their business, not yours. My first mistakes as a recruiter was the stress that I put on myself to see them succeed. I have finally realized that I can give them information, help when they ask, and the training that HO provides to us. After that, it's up to them to make it work.

ETA - Please don't take their actions to mean that recruiting isn't for you. It may mean that PC isn't for them. Keep recruiting & sharing the PC opportunity.

How about calling her and offering to help her with her own grand opening show. I have been doing this with my recruits (6 so far) and they have all qualified! I think is shows them your support and kicks them in the rear to get going!

My recruit had her grand opening show with me at my house. She gave out the invites less than a week in advance and had 3 people show up. well her bouyfriend showed up half way through the demo, she felt that it was appropiate to get up walk through the middle of the room to meet him at the front door and suck his face off for a while! YUCK!

Get to their WHY. If MIL began with a sincere heart for the company and excitement to share it with others - you'd see her qualify. Most likely she began as a favor to you & her son (mommy still loves you) and some part of her is attracted to the notion that she can make money from home. Unless she is a dear friend, it is likely her just being nice; let it go...bless and release.

A recruit that can't/won't hold a show within 30 days doesn't have a good understanding of their own WHY and instead is concentrating on their own SHY self. Did you develop a list of 100 with her? While some people are indeed uncoachable, most can reach some level of success with appropriate and timely coaching. If she has a list of 100, do you have regular coaching appointments with her? (at least weekly until she is qualified)

I'm slowly learning that coaching is more about bringing to fruition, the greatness that is within us all - and not, motivating or spurring someone to action. Between my 4 and 5yo tots, I can't really "make" them, or anyone on my team do something I'd like. Instead, it is releasing them to succeed. Inner demons and past defeators have to be managed/vanquished before sustained success can be achieved.

Thanks Scott you are so right!

BTW: She finally submitted those orders last night!

well after four calls and emails she finally called me last night to inform me that she hasnt even opened up her kit she got almost two weeks ago. she told me she loves the products but I can tell she is not even one bit excited over it.

Wow!

Thats all I've got.

I think you can't motivate someone who doesn't WANT TO be motivated - but you can DEFINATELY INSPIRE THEM! :) WTS, I would straight-out ask her 1. what you can do to help her (maybe offer to come over and open the kit WITH her 2. What was the REASON she wanted to sign in the first place 3. What does she want from her business? (maybe HER idea/way of running her business is different from what you want/expect from her.

;)

Hang in there. I have read that LOTS of other Consultants have trouble with their first recruit (maybe it is too high of expectations????).

well she told me last night that she isnt going to do this. I am really confused as to why she would sign up and then not even try? She said she has too much going on right now.

Hey ya got 25 catalogs for free.... the next one will be better :)

1. How can I motivate my wife to cook more often?

One way to motivate your wife to cook more often is by showing appreciation for her cooking. Let her know how much you enjoy her meals and offer to help with meal preparation. You can also suggest trying out new recipes together or signing up for a cooking class as a fun activity. Additionally, offer to take care of other household tasks to give her more time and energy to cook.

2. What can I do to motivate my girlfriend to try new recipes?

Encourage your girlfriend to try new recipes by making it a fun and collaborative experience. Ask her to pick out a recipe she's interested in trying and offer to shop for the ingredients together. You can also suggest having a cooking competition where you both try out a new recipe and see who does it better. This can make the process more enjoyable and motivate her to try new things in the kitchen.

3. How can I motivate my partner to cook healthier meals?

To motivate your partner to cook healthier meals, lead by example and make healthy eating a priority for yourself. Offer to help with meal planning and grocery shopping, and suggest trying out new healthy recipes together. You can also frame it as a way to support each other's health goals and make it a team effort.

4. What strategies can I use to motivate my spouse to cook when they're tired?

If your spouse is often too tired to cook, suggest meal prepping together on weekends so they have easy meals to heat up during the week. You can also offer to share cooking responsibilities and take turns cooking dinner. Additionally, remind them of the benefits of homecooked meals in terms of health and saving money, which can serve as motivation to cook even when tired.

5. How can I motivate my significant other to cook instead of ordering takeout?

To motivate your significant other to cook instead of ordering takeout, make the cooking process easier and more enjoyable for them. This can include buying convenient kitchen gadgets or prepping ingredients in advance. You can also suggest cooking together as a date night activity or trying out new and exciting recipes to make the experience more fun and engaging.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Niki Kate
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • chefheidi2003
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • byrd1956