• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mommy & Me Recipe Ideas for 5 Year Olds

In summary, Cindy is planning a social event with her mothers group to sell her food. She has a variety of recipes to choose from.
obxchef
I have a gal that just moved to my area and is basically "flipping" her house. She has gutted everything and wants to do a Mommy & me show with 5 year olds. Here is the thing. . .she wants to do the show at a park or a back yard since her house looks like a war zone. She does not want to do anything on a grill. Does anyone have any suggestions for recipes??? :eek:

Try a salad like the Mediterrenan (jacked that spelling UP) Chicken Salad. Then I would let them make Ice Cream sandwiches or a trifle. The trifle will allow them to really get their hands dirty, which some kids really like!

We just did a Mommy and Me lunch to kick off a fundraiser for a preschool that my daughter used to go to. This is what we had:

1st table had a sandwich station, 3 sections, PB&J, Turkey&Cheese and Chicken Salad (pre-made). Tools on the table...Cut N Seal, Apple Wedger (flower sandwiches), spreaders, cutting board.

2nd Table had a fruit station, 3 more sections, Bananas, Apples, 1/2 watermelon. Tools on table...Egg Slicer (bananas), Apple Wedger, Core N More.

3rd Table had a veggie and cheese station, In the Chillzanne Sectional Server, Cucumbers, Carrots, Red Pepper, Green Pepper to be cut with the Crinkle Cutter or Creative Cutters. Veggie Dips in the Small Chillzanne Bowls with Bamboo Spoons. Cheddar and Colby cheese to be cut with Creative Cutters and My Safe Cutter.

4th Table was the Dessert Station. Pre made cupcakes in the SFCP. Colored icing in the Decorator Bottle Sets and M&Ms in the Small Bowl caddy for the kids to chop in the FC and sprinkle on top.

I know I'm forgetting things, but you get the idea. The parents walked the kids around to each station and were very hands on. The parents love it. There were tons more products shown than mentioned (platters, bamboo cheese board, etc).

And we had one more table with tons of new products displayed.

It was a big hit!

Good Luck to you!!

That sounds like a good set up, Cindy!! How were your sales? Was it chaotic? Did it seem to last longer than your normal show? Were there any bookings?

Thanks for the ideas! I am doing a social with my MOMS group in Nov. I love your ideas and I am thinking of also doing peanut butter playdough. Here is the recipe. It is a big hit at a local kid friendly restaurant.

Attachments

• Peanut Butter Playdough.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 269
My son (who is 3) and I made the Whole Grain Crunchy Chicken Bites from the 29 minutes to dinner cookbook. He LOVED smashing the chips and rolling the chicken in the egg wash and then the chips. They tasted great too!
The whole time we were making them, I kept thinking what a great Mommy & Me recipe this would be for a show!

Thank you all! Great Ideas!!! I'll let you guys know how it goes!!

Chef Kearns said:
That sounds like a good set up, Cindy!! How were your sales? Was it chaotic? Did it seem to last longer than your normal show? Were there any bookings?

We did it in 2 days (one for the MWF group and another for the TTh group) the 2nd one went much more smoothly. We were done within an hour both days. As for sales and bookings it was a kick off for a month long fundraiser so we'll see!

pamperedposey said:
We did it in 2 days (one for the MWF group and another for the TTh group) the 2nd one went much more smoothly. We were done within an hour both days. As for sales and bookings it was a kick off for a month long fundraiser so we'll see!

Why not carve little jack-o-lanterns out of oranges using the safe knife, fill with sherbet?

Cookie decorating Party?

Take some kids, blank sugar cookies, plenty of frosting, & Easy Decorators.
They will paint themselves happy.

Use the Prep Bowls to make different colors of frosting, is an idea.

Related to Mommy & Me Recipe Ideas for 5 Year Olds

1. What are some easy recipes that I can make with my 5-year-old?

Some easy recipes that you can make with your 5-year-old are fruit skewers, mini pizzas, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and homemade granola bars. These recipes are simple and require minimal supervision, making them perfect for cooking with young children.

2. Are there any healthy options for cooking with my 5-year-old?

Absolutely! Some healthy options for cooking with your 5-year-old include smoothie bowls, veggie wraps, and fruit and yogurt parfaits. These recipes are not only nutritious, but they also allow for creativity and fun in the kitchen.

3. Can you recommend any allergy-friendly recipes for cooking with my 5-year-old?

Yes, there are many allergy-friendly recipes that you can make with your 5-year-old. Some examples include gluten-free banana bread, dairy-free mac and cheese, and nut-free energy bites. These recipes are not only delicious, but they also cater to common allergies and dietary restrictions.

4. What are some tips for making cooking with my 5-year-old a fun and enjoyable experience?

To make cooking with your 5-year-old a fun and enjoyable experience, involve them in the planning process by letting them choose a recipe or ingredient. Use colorful and kid-friendly utensils and cookware to make it more exciting. Also, don't be afraid to get a little messy and let your child take the lead in certain tasks.

5. Can you recommend any resources for finding more mommy and me recipe ideas for 5-year-olds?

Yes, there are many resources available for finding more mommy and me recipe ideas for 5-year-olds. You can check out kid-friendly cookbooks, websites, and blogs, or even follow social media accounts dedicated to cooking with children. Pampered Chef also offers a variety of recipe ideas and tips for cooking with kids on our website and social media platforms.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nay0403
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefshawna
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • ChefJWarren