Mold on Stoneware

Discussion in 'Products and Tips' started by cookingmagic, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Any advice welcome. Customer has 2 pieces of stoneware purchased last winter that she had stacked on top of each other and stored in a cupboard. Apparently there was water leakage in the cupboard over the summer and when she went to use them beginning of September found blue/green mold on both. Scrubbed them clean, left them on the counter overnight to dry, and the next morning, new mold. Any suggestions?
     
  2. BethCooks4U

    BethCooks4U Gold Member

    Call the test kitchens.
     
  3. flemings99

    flemings99 Gold Member

    Try rubbing them with fresh lemon half and salt and then rinse in HOT water. Worked for a client of mine.
     
  4. raebates

    raebates CS Leader Staff Member

    If lemon doesn't work try vinegar. It's fairly effective at killing mold.
     
  5. replace them. mold spores could have gotten into the pores of the stones and that is why the mold will come back
     
  6. I agree with replacing them. If they had water damage then I would guess that they made an insurance claim and got paid to replace the damage. If you make a suggestion as to how to clean the stoneware, then you become liable for any health issues they may have as a result.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page