• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Military: Tricare, Autism, Echo & Aba

In summary, Tricare is the healthcare program for members of the military and their families, providing coverage for medical, dental, and prescription needs. It also covers Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy for children with autism spectrum disorder. The Echo program is an extension of Tricare that offers coverage for services not typically covered, such as extended home health care and respite care. ABA therapy uses behavioral principles to improve skills in individuals with autism, but Tricare may have limitations on coverage for these services, such as a limit on sessions per year or a cap on the total cost.
nikked
Gold Member
WOW! re: Tricare, Autism, ECHO & ABA...I haven't applied for ABA yet, because we are still waiting on an "official" diagnosis, but as we are facing retirement next year, the fact that ECHO is not available for retirees has been a major thorn in my side, and I have been EXTREMELY vocal about it. I realize that some of y......ou I am sending ......this to are not military, but I wanted to send it out to all I know so that the information could be passed on to clients, friends, relatives, etc., to get the word out.

Military Families vs. United States of America | Autism Today Online

bumping for the afternoon, evening crowd...

I completely understand your frustration with the lack of support for retirees in regards to ABA therapy and the ECHO program. It's unacceptable that our military families, who sacrifice so much for our country, are not given the resources they need to support their children with autism. I hope that with enough advocacy and awareness, the government will recognize the importance of providing these services for all military families, regardless of their status. Thank you for speaking up and spreading the word about this issue. Our military families deserve better.

Related to Military: Tricare, Autism, Echo & Aba

What is Tricare and how does it relate to the military?

Tricare is the healthcare program for members of the military and their families. It provides coverage for medical, dental, and prescription needs. Active duty members are automatically enrolled, while reserve and retired members may be eligible based on certain criteria.

How does Tricare cover autism-related services?

Tricare covers Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy for children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder. This includes up to 40 hours per week of therapy for children under the age of six, and up to 25 hours per week for children aged six and older.

What is the Echo program and how does it relate to Tricare?

The Echo program is an extension of Tricare that provides coverage for services not typically covered by Tricare, such as extended home health care, durable medical equipment, and respite care. It is available for active duty family members with special needs, as well as retired service members and their families.

What is ABA therapy and how does it help individuals with autism?

ABA therapy is a type of therapy that uses behavioral principles to improve social, communication, and behavioral skills in individuals with autism. It focuses on identifying and changing behaviors that are harmful or interfere with learning, and teaching new skills and behaviors.

Are there any limitations to Tricare's coverage for autism-related services?

Tricare does have some limitations on coverage for autism-related services. For example, there may be a limit on the number of sessions per year or a cap on the total cost of services. It is important to check with Tricare or your specific plan to understand the coverage and any potential limitations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat