• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mileage Rate in Canada & Tax Tips for Canadians

In summary, the current mileage rate in Canada for business use is 58 cents per kilometer for the first 5,000 kilometers driven and 52 cents per kilometer for every kilometer after that. For medical or moving purposes, the rate is 18 cents per kilometer, and for charitable purposes, the rate is 14 cents per kilometer. As a Canadian, you can claim your mileage on your taxes, but there are specific requirements that must be met, such as keeping a detailed log of your trips and their purpose. There are also various tax deductions available for mileage in Canada, including for business use, medical or moving expenses, and charitable donations. It is important to keep accurate records and consult with a tax professional for
TinaOuellette
I was wondering if anyone knew the mileage rate in Canada? (Even in New Brunswick)

Also do you do your own Taxes or get someone else to do it. Do you claim all of your phone bills and electricity ect.

thanks
Tina O

Don't know the rate...I have someone else do our taxes (PC is just dumped in with our personal taxes) and I only claim the additional $17 per month that we pay for unlimited long distance. I added that for PC only, so I can claim that. I don't claim any other utilities. I WOULD claim a portion of my cell phone, but my Dad pays for that (it's on his business account with about 6 phones!) so there's nothing to deduct there!

I would certainly have an accountant do them so you don't OVER or UNDER itemize deductions!

Thanks Kelly for your input:)

Tina

my tax person said that it was .485

If I remember correctly

:chef:

Don't forget, she's in Canada. Their mileage rate might be different.

Related to Mileage Rate in Canada & Tax Tips for Canadians

What is the current mileage rate in Canada?

The current mileage rate in Canada for business use is 58 cents per kilometer for the first 5,000 kilometers driven and 52 cents per kilometer for every kilometer after that. For medical or moving purposes, the rate is 18 cents per kilometer. For charitable purposes, the rate is 14 cents per kilometer.

Can I claim my mileage on my taxes as a Canadian?

Yes, as a Canadian, you can claim your mileage on your taxes. However, there are specific requirements that must be met in order to claim your mileage, such as keeping a detailed log of your trips and the purpose of each trip. It is recommended to consult with a tax professional for specific guidance.

Are there any tax deductions for mileage in Canada?

Yes, there are several tax deductions available for mileage in Canada. In addition to claiming your business use mileage, you can also claim medical or moving expenses, as well as charitable donations. However, it is important to keep accurate records and consult with a tax professional for specific deductions.

Do I need to keep track of my mileage for personal use as well?

No, you do not need to keep track of your mileage for personal use. Only business use, medical or moving purposes, and charitable donations are eligible for tax deductions. It is important to keep a separate log for these specific purposes and not include personal use mileage.

What are some tips for maximizing my tax deductions for mileage in Canada?

To maximize your tax deductions for mileage in Canada, it is important to keep detailed and accurate records of your trips and the purpose of each trip. It is also recommended to consult with a tax professional for specific guidance and to take advantage of any tax credits available for your specific situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sailortena
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
medhatterchef
  • lisacb77
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lisacb77
  • vanscootin