• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Microwaving Batter Bowl Lids: Scary But Delicious?

strange that the recipe would say to do so. I will try it the way it is written and just cover with a paper towel if it doesn't work out.
rennea
Gold Member
I thought that the batter bowl lids were not to go in the microwave. But the recipe for the white chicken chili says to put the garlic in the bowl, cover with lid and microwave. I am kind of scared to try it:eek:

I would not put the lid in the microwave - i know customers who have damaged lids for the batter and prep bowls by microwaving them. just cover it with a paper towel.

good luck!

I did the Spinach Carbonara Pizza the other night. The directions said to put the lid on the batter bowl to wilt the spinach in the microwave. I was a little nervous about the outcome, but it worked great.

susanr613 said:
I would not put the lid in the microwave - i know customers who have damaged lids for the batter and prep bowls by microwaving them. just cover it with a paper towel.

good luck!

I don't think I will chance it. Just seemed strange to me that the recipe would say to do so.

I make mashed potatoes in the batter bowl all of the time. I cut up 3-4 potatoes, put in approx. 1/4 cup milk and 1 tbs butter or margarine. Then microwave 15 minutes, with the lid on and then when cooked , beat with more milk. They turn out great. Then lid is in perfect shape. I tell this at my shows and it helps to sell the batter bowl.

I do my mashed potatoes in the Rice Cooker Plus. I add 1/2 a package of Ranch Dressing Mix to them after I mash 'em... once you try Ranch Mashed Potatoes, you'll never have them any other way!:love:

I'll have to try that! I never thought of doing mashed potatoes in the microwave!

pampered Ruth said:
I make mashed potatoes in the batter bowl all of the time. I cut up 3-4 potatoes, put in approx. 1/4 cup milk and 1 tbs butter or margarine. Then microwave 15 minutes, with the lid on and then when cooked , beat with more milk. They turn out great. Then lid is in perfect shape. I tell this at my shows and it helps to sell the batter bowl.

I do the same thing, also I do this for pasta, too! Other people from my cluster make their potatoes this way, and my cover is as good as new! :)

Hope that Helps... The cover is a little bit sturdier and not as flexible as the prep bowl covers are- at least that is what I have noticed.

"Wash prior to first use. Dishwasher safe, lids must be placed away from heating element.
Bowls are microwave-, dishwasher-, freezer- and oven-safe (to a maximum temperature of 350°F/180°C). Lids are not oven-safe.
For baked-on food, soak bowls and then use non-scratch pads with cleaners intended for glass ovenware.
Always use a heat-resistant oven mitt or pad when handling hot bowls or placing on surfaces.
Five-year guarantee for non-commercial use. Refer to sales receipt for details."

This is the use and care info. from CC. The way it reads is that the lids aren't oven safe. So, I guess it is safe to put in microwave and they should not be damaged. If they are, it should be covered in guarantee since it states they are microwave safe.
I'm glad I looked at this, I didn't think they were dishwasher safe!

Have you thought about ordering replacement lids for your batter bowls to keep on hand for microwave use only?

rennea said:
I thought that the batter bowl lids were not to go in the microwave. But the recipe for the white chicken chili says to put the garlic in the bowl, cover with lid and microwave. I am kind of scared to try it:eek:

I just used the Deep Covered Baker to cook the garlic. In fact I thought that was what it said to do so I had to go re-read the recipe. Ops... it worked really well though. :D

I have always used my lids in the microwave. The way I understand the use and care is that they CAN go in the micro.

Just not the prep bowl lids, they are way too thin and the one time I forgot and did that, I put a crack into the center of the lid. I wish the prep bowl lids were as sturdy as the batter bowl lids!!

KellyTheChef said:
I have always used my lids in the microwave. The way I understand the use and care is that they CAN go in the micro.

Just not the prep bowl lids, they are way too thin and the one time I forgot and did that, I put a crack into the center of the lid. I wish the prep bowl lids were as sturdy as the batter bowl lids!!

It's too bad all these white plastic lids can't be of the same quality. I get confused as to which can go in the microwave and which ones can go in the dishwasher: Trifle bowl lid, prep bowl lids, pinch bowl set, batter bowl lids. Is that all of them? I thnk I should type up a little list and keep it handy till I have it memorized. ;)

I'm a little nervous of putting plastics in the microwave, so I probably wouldn't attempt it.

When I make the new bread bowl I use the batter bowl with the lid in the micro. So far nothing happens.

Related to Microwaving Batter Bowl Lids: Scary But Delicious?

1. Can I microwave the batter bowl lids from Pampered Chef?

Yes, the batter bowl lids from Pampered Chef are safe to use in the microwave. They are made from BPA-free plastic and are designed to withstand high temperatures.

2. Is it safe to microwave the batter bowl lids at high power?

Yes, the batter bowl lids are safe to use in the microwave at high power. However, it is recommended to start with a lower power setting and gradually increase if needed.

3. How long can I microwave the batter bowl lids for?

The length of time needed to microwave the batter bowl lids will depend on the recipe and the power of your microwave. It is recommended to follow the specific instructions for your recipe and check the food periodically to ensure it is heated evenly.

4. Can I use the batter bowl lids in the oven?

No, the batter bowl lids are not designed to be used in the oven. They are only safe to use in the microwave.

5. Do I need to remove the batter bowl lids before microwaving food?

No, the batter bowl lids can be left on while microwaving food. They will trap heat and moisture, helping to cook the food evenly and prevent splatters in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jpanzenhagen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Humble Beginnings
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Deb11
  • Intrepid_Chef