• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Microwave White Chicken Chili-Do at a Show?

In summary, this recipe is loved by all who make it. They suggest boiling the chicken ahead of time, cutting it up and roasting the garlic. They also suggest getting boneless skinless thighs.
gailz2
Gold Member
I made the white chicken chili tonight for my family and it was fabulous, however, I'm thinking it might be too involved or take too long at a show. That is my first thought. What do you all who make it at shows think? What do you do ahead of time, if anything?

I substituted red salsa versus the green (verde) and it was delicious.

I ask the host to boil the chicken ahead of time, its a quick recipe and i've been doing it alot
the only annoying part is mashing the stupid garlic but now i put the roasted garlic in my new slicer

I've done it at a show. I cut most of the chicken up ahead of time, but otherwise just follow the directions. Well, mostly - I have a tub of peeled garlic. So instead of using 3 heads, I toss 44-45 peeled cloves in a batter bowl with the salt and oil to roast. Then I don't burn my fingers squeezing the garlic out.

I've done this at plenty of shows. I cut the chicken in advance and also roast the garlic in advance so it cools off enough to squeeze it out.Everyone LOVES this recipe!Oh, and I usually tell my host to get chicken breasts because no one can seem to find the boneless skinless thighs around here (they aren't looking hard enough, I know. :) )

I have done this at shows also and I chope most of the chicken up ahead of time but while I am setting up I start the garlic so by the time the show is starting the garlic is done and can even cool a little bit before handling :) This also sets a nice aroma for guests as they arrive. They all want to know what is cooking LOL

I have broken this into steps. GREAT INTERACTIVE SHOW!!!!
D0 the garlic first, it cools down by time you get to it.

DebbieJ said:
Oh, and I usually tell my host to get chicken breasts because no one can seem to find the boneless skinless thighs around here (they aren't looking hard enough, I know. :) )
I have to laugh at that. After I bought them for a recipe, boneless thighs became DH's favorite chicken. I get them in a 3 or 5 pound bag from the freezer section at Meijer.

DebbieJ said:
I've done this at plenty of shows. I cut the chicken in advance and also roast the garlic in advance so it cools off enough to squeeze it out.
:) )

Yes, the garlic did burn my fingers squeezing it out. I don't have the masher so smooshed it up by hand (which I wouldn't do at a show).

Thanks for everyone's input!

ive never seen boneless thighs either
I ask host to use breasts

chefann said:
I have to laugh at that. After I bought them for a recipe, boneless thighs became DH's favorite chicken. I get them in a 3 or 5 pound bag from the freezer section at Meijer.

Meijers usually has them packaged with the fresh chicken too. (at least the one where I shop has them) but I usually wait until the frozen bags are on sale, and stock up on those. We like them for baked or grilled BBQ'd chicken, and they work great for recipes such as this one. I used them to make the Chicken Lasagna earlier this week.:thumbup:

ChefBeckyD said:
Meijers usually has them packaged with the fresh chicken too. (at least the one where I shop has them) but I usually wait until the frozen bags are on sale, and stock up on those. We like them for baked or grilled BBQ'd chicken, and they work great for recipes such as this one. I used them to make the Chicken Lasagna earlier this week.:thumbup:
Yep- I've gotten them in the fresh section, too, when I was pressed for time and needed them thawed right now. My Meijer carries the Tyson brand in the fresh area. I haven't seen a non-branded pkg. of fresh, although that could be just bad timing related to when they put things out and they're snapped up by other shoppers. I do like to have the frozen bag of them on hand, since they're individually frozen and I can pull out just what I need.

Related to Microwave White Chicken Chili-Do at a Show?

1. Can I make this Microwave White Chicken Chili at home?

Yes, this recipe is designed to be easy and convenient for anyone to make in their own kitchen. All you need is a microwave and a few simple ingredients from your pantry.

2. How long does it take to make this chili in the microwave?

The cooking time for this recipe is approximately 10 minutes in the microwave. However, this may vary depending on the wattage of your microwave.

3. Can I use a different type of protein instead of chicken?

Absolutely! This recipe is very versatile and can be made with any type of protein you prefer, such as ground beef, turkey, or even tofu for a vegetarian option.

4. Do I need any special equipment to make this chili?

No, you do not need any special equipment. Just a microwave-safe bowl or dish and a spoon or spatula for stirring.

5. Can I adjust the spice level of this chili?

Yes, you can adjust the spices to your personal preference. If you prefer a spicier chili, you can add more chili powder or cayenne pepper. If you prefer a milder chili, you can reduce the amount of these spices or omit them altogether.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • jkowalski
  • Recipes and Tips