• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Chocolate Cake in Rice Cooker Plus Not Turning Out

In summary, the cake in the rice cooker mix well and is moist. Anna's recipe used Nutella which made the cake extra chocolatey.
pcjulie
Please help! I've tried the recipe for the chocolate cake in the Rice Cooker Plus (mix cake and add 4-6 scoops of icing) and have had a different result each time - none of them good! One time the cake fell apart when I flipped it onto the plate, the next time it was only half-cooked (talk about a mess!) and the third time I cooked it a bit longer and it got too dry. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Julie Myers
Kitchen Consultant
Denver, PA

I haven't heard of the cake in the rice cooker, only in the bundt pan. I've had great success with that.

Do a search for the Rice Cooker. You will find several opinions of making the cake in it.
I could not get it to come out in my microwave at the house. It doesn't have a turntable. I did make it at the lakehouse where there is a turntable microwave. It turned out, but I personally don't think I'll ever do it at a show. I'd rather show the microwave stones since they are higher priced. You can still mention the rice cooker.

Microwaved Cake in Rice Cooker PlusHi, I tried this just yesterday for lunch time - my little one had invited her friends over for a treat. I used just a regular chocolate Duncan Hines cake mix. Follow the instructions - mix everything in the Rice Cooker. I didn't have frosting on hand; instead I added half a jar of Nutella - this is a chocolate hazelnut spread you can easily find in the grocery aisle. Put the lid on and cook for 8 minutes. Take out and remove lid, and let it sit for a minute before you turn it over onto a plate. It worked great for me. It was very moist and the kids loved it. They called it a LAVA CAKE (because of the nutella running down the sides).

Anna

Hi Julie,I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with the chocolate cake recipe in the Rice Cooker Plus. I understand how frustrating it can be to have inconsistent results with a recipe.First, I would recommend checking the consistency of your cake batter. Sometimes, if the batter is too thick or thin, it can affect the final outcome. Also, make sure you are using the correct amount of cake mix and icing as stated in the recipe.Another tip is to lightly grease the inside of the Rice Cooker Plus before adding the cake batter. This can help prevent the cake from sticking and falling apart when you flip it onto the plate.If your cake is still coming out undercooked or dry, try adjusting the cooking time. Every rice cooker is different, so you may need to experiment a bit to find the perfect cooking time for your cake.I hope these suggestions help and that you're able to enjoy a delicious chocolate cake from your Rice Cooker Plus soon! If you continue to have trouble, please don't hesitate to reach out to me for further assistance.Happy cooking!Sincerely,Pampered Chef Consultant

1. Why did my chocolate cake in the Rice Cooker Plus turn out dry?

There are a few possible reasons for a dry chocolate cake in the Rice Cooker Plus. First, make sure you are using the correct amount of liquid and not overmixing the batter. You can also try adding a bit more oil or using a different type of oil, such as vegetable or coconut oil, to add moisture to the cake.

2. How can I prevent my chocolate cake from sticking to the Rice Cooker Plus?

To prevent sticking, make sure to grease the Rice Cooker Plus well before adding the cake batter. You can also line the bottom of the cooker with parchment paper. Another tip is to let the cake cool completely before attempting to remove it from the cooker.

3. Can I use a cake mix in the Rice Cooker Plus?

Yes, you can use a cake mix in the Rice Cooker Plus. Just follow the instructions on the cake mix box and adjust the amount of liquid and cooking time accordingly. Keep in mind that the shape of the Rice Cooker Plus may result in a slightly different texture compared to baking the cake in a traditional oven.

4. How do I know when my chocolate cake is done in the Rice Cooker Plus?

The best way to determine if your chocolate cake is done is to use a toothpick or cake tester. Insert it into the center of the cake and if it comes out clean, the cake is done. You can also gently press the top of the cake and if it springs back, it is ready to be removed from the cooker.

5. Can I make other types of cakes in the Rice Cooker Plus?

Yes, you can make a variety of cakes in the Rice Cooker Plus, including vanilla, carrot, and lemon cakes. Just make sure to adjust the ingredients and cooking time according to the specific recipe. You can also experiment with different flavors and mix-ins to create your own unique cakes using the Rice Cooker Plus.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • Ann F
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • taterbug
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies