• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Median Income for Direct Sales Consultants...?

P
Pampered Laura
Good grief - this lady (watch the video on top right corner) says that the median income for Direct Sales consultants is about $2500 a YEAR. Huh?? Surely that was a mistake, because I know tons of us are making more than that. Right? :confused:
Anyway, keep watching the video, there's some good stuff in there in the 2nd segment about home based businesses and our "home office". Pretty cool segment. :)

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/TakeControlOfYourLife/story?id=3368501&page=1

After expenses that isn't too far from the truth for MANY out there. Think about all the hobby and part-time consultants you know.

You are truly the exception to the "norm" Laura - hence why you earned TPC! :)

That's actually higher than I would have thought. Think of all the people out there who are hooked up with companies that no matter HOW hard they work they don't make any money. Or they lose money.

You have to remember this takes into consideration all those people who join a DS company and then enter the witness protection program (or become kitnappers).

LOL thats true.. I just found that really suprisingly low. Thats like less than $200 a month for HALF of the consultants in the entire industry?

Pampered Laura said:
LOL thats true.. I just found that really suprisingly low. Thats like less than $200 a month for HALF of the consultants in the entire industry?

Almost EVERY MK or Arbonne or Avon consultant I know DOESN'T make money...don't know why they stick with it!

There are a lot of companies where people sign just for the discount - and never actually hold a show or place orders for anyone other than themselves and friends and family - I know "consultants" with Arbonne, Beauticontrol, MK, and CM where that is the case. I'm sure they aren't making even $1000 a year.

Thats true. I just wish for the sake of someone looking in to Direct Sales as a career that maybe they should have focused on the "what you can earn" aspect of it. Especially since the entire segment was geared towards the whole "yes you can" side of it. Some of those companies I've never heard of. The one for pets looks cute. LOL.

This is a quote from their article:

"Check the buy-back policy. If you're not satisfied or you discover this isn't right for you, will the company buy back the starter kit? The Direct Sellers Association Code of Ethics requires its 200 member companies to buy back the kit and any product for at least 90 percent of what you paid for it within 12 months of purchase. If the company isn't a member of the DSA, ask directly what the policy is before you make any purchases."

Does PC offer this? Just wondering in case anyone ever would ask me.

They must, if it's a requirement of the DSA. I imagine that there are caveats, though - won't refund for used-up paperwork, etc.

I was a consultant for another DS company and only earned $700 last year. That doesn't include the $300 I paid for the Consultant Kit!! For me, PC is a great bargain regardless if I ever make any money. The product value you get with the kit is amazing. That's the only reason my DH agreed to "let" me try this DS thing again-not that I need his permission to do anything. Ha Ha. I have only been doing this a couple of weeks and the response has been great, so I do plan on making a little extra money this year.

KellyTheChef said:
This is a quote from their article:

"Check the buy-back policy. If you're not satisfied or you discover this isn't right for you, will the company buy back the starter kit? The Direct Sellers Association Code of Ethics requires its 200 member companies to buy back the kit and any product for at least 90 percent of what you paid for it within 12 months of purchase. If the company isn't a member of the DSA, ask directly what the policy is before you make any purchases."

Does PC offer this? Just wondering in case anyone ever would ask me.

Yes, PC has a buy back plan - I remember reading it somewhere when I signed (maybe it was the consultant agreement).

janetupnorth said:
Yes, PC has a buy back plan - I remember reading it somewhere when I signed (maybe it was the consultant agreement).
What? You actually read the contract??? And understood it too?? (He-he-he)

Yes, PC has the 90% offer, but I think you have to pay for shipping which would take a chunk out.

baychef said:
Now I had to look...

On the back of the hard-copy agreement, Section B #6:

Upon termination of this Agreement, Company will refund to Consultant 90 percent of Consultant's purchase price on any unused and resaleable product samples or inventory purchased within 12 months of termination should Consultant return such products.

Pampered Laura said:
Thats true. I just wish for the sake of someone looking in to Direct Sales as a career that maybe they should have focused on the "what you can earn" aspect of it. Especially since the entire segment was geared towards the whole "yes you can" side of it. Some of those companies I've never heard of. The one for pets looks cute. LOL.
Well- we'll just have to leave it up to you to inform every person looking into DS in your area :D

chelynn said:
Now I had to look...

On the back of the hard-copy agreement, Section B #6:

Upon termination of this Agreement, Company will refund to Consultant 90 percent of Consultant's purchase price on any unused and resaleable product samples or inventory purchased within 12 months of termination should Consultant return such products.
So only if you don't open any packaging in your kit??

gilliandanielle said:
So only if you don't open any packaging in your kit??
Gillian - I have an aunt in Wasilla! I just send her a package today--small world! :)

I think that clause in the DSA is more for companies who require--or "encourage"--you to carry inventory. The companies aren't required to refund money to you for things they can't resell. In our case, PC is win-win-win, because the kit is such a great deal, we can use the stuff in our kitchen, and we don't need to carry inventory. Put all that together, and I can't see that many people would take advantage of the 90% buy-back with PC, but they are required to have one due to DSA policies.

baychef said:

After meeting me that surprises you how???

I'd say that sounds about right. The majority are partimers I would think (extra income) level consultants or hobbyists. And what someone said was true about not making anything with certain companies: like I made 0 with Avon after 6 months so I closed those doors quick, plus there was just too much leg work involved (inventory, deliveries, canvassing books) etc. And I think they are averaging it out amonst all DSA companies.

We have the higher or highest sale averages so we get paid better :). But I'd say that figure sounds pretty accurate, when averaging amont them all!

Related to Median Income for Direct Sales Consultants...?

1. What is the median income for Direct Sales Consultants?

The median income for Direct Sales Consultants varies depending on the company and individual success. According to a study by the Direct Selling Association, the median income for all direct sellers in 2015 was $2,420 per year.

2. Is $2500 a year a common income for Direct Sales Consultants?

No, $2500 a year is not a common income for Direct Sales Consultants. While it may be the median income, many consultants are able to earn significantly more depending on their sales and business strategies.

3. How does Direct Sales compare to other home-based businesses?

Direct Sales is just one type of home-based business. It is a popular option because it allows individuals to sell products and services without having to create or manufacture them. However, the success and income of a Direct Sales Consultant will depend on their own effort and dedication.

4. Can you make a full-time income as a Direct Sales Consultant?

Yes, it is possible to make a full-time income as a Direct Sales Consultant. Many successful consultants are able to earn a full-time income by actively selling and building their team of consultants. However, it may take time and effort to reach this level of success.

5. How can a Direct Sales Consultant increase their income?

There are several ways a Direct Sales Consultant can increase their income, including actively selling products, recruiting and training new consultants, and utilizing social media and online platforms to reach a wider audience. Building relationships and providing excellent customer service can also lead to repeat sales and referrals, ultimately increasing income.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedpals
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
merego