• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

McCormick Temperature: Is it Hot or Cold?

In summary, the temperature at McCormick Place has been a mix of hot and cold. Some attendees found the workshop rooms comfortable while others felt like they were in a "meat locker." The weather outside has been pleasant and around 75 degrees. Attendees have also mentioned the long lines at the Merrell vendor booth and the availability of cute jackets and sweaters. The general sessions were described as both hot and cold, with some attendees feeling chilly and others comfortable. The VIP ribbon bag, originally only available for purchase at the conference, is now a product available on Merrell's website with the option to purchase different colored ribbons. Overall, attendees recommend bringing a jacket or sweater to be prepared for varying temperatures at the conference.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
What's the temperature over at McCormick this year?
Are teh workshop rooms like meat lockers?Does it feel like the a/c is busted? Or is it just comfy?
I am struggling with how many sweaters I need to pack and whether or not to pack my long johns....

THANKS!!
:)

Hey Carolyn,

I was just there - I thought it was pretty comfortable - I do like the a/c though - but definitely not as cold as I remember some of the rooms last year. The weather outside there today was beautiful sunny and around 75 degrees - enjoy it - we had a blast!

Ummm, okay - my experience was a bit different!

Some rooms, it was around 100 degrees, other rooms, it was about 50 degrees!

But the good thing was (And I said I wasn't going to do this!) Merrell has some really cute jackets, sweaters, etc.....for some really decent prices.....I got the CUTEST bright pink cable stitched sweater w/ lime green embroidery for $32......helped keep me warm when the air was on HIGH!!!!:D

It was HOT in Chicago Mon & Tues.....but today it was absolutely beautiful!

I was comfortable in all of my classes and in general sessions, but I don't get cold real easy. I don't remember anyone complaining one way or the other.

Merrill did have some CUTE products. Some with a lot more style! The only problem, they are the only vendor and the lines were LONG LONG LONG LONG.... (did I mention LONG!)! Hopefully they will get this problem corrected before the next conference, but not sure that is possible. They were selling stuff like crazy!

I know some of you will be jealous, but I got one of the ribbon bags VIP had! These were on a table that said, "Only for sale at conference." I think maybe it was left over VIP products.

Just be prepared for cold and hot. Have your jacket/sweater handy. The first day I was wearing a sleaveless shirt and capri's and was very comfortable all day. I wasn't cold at all, but my two buddies (Becky D. and Kristy:)) were freezing. The next day I didn't feel like lugging the jacket around again so I left it in the room and froze about half the time. Third day, a repeat of second day, but I had my jacket this time. There were times when my jacket wasn't enough and times when it was very hot (last bus ride of the conference!)

pampchefrhondab said:
I was comfortable in all of my classes and in general sessions, but I don't get cold real easy. I don't remember anyone complaining one way or the other.

Merrill did have some CUTE products. Some with a lot more style! The only problem, they are the only vendor and the lines were LONG LONG LONG LONG.... (did I mention LONG!)! Hopefully they will get this problem corrected before the next conference, but not sure that is possible. They were selling stuff like crazy!

I know some of you will be jealous, but I got one of the ribbon bags VIP had! These were on a table that said, "Only for sale at conference." I think maybe it was left over VIP products.

Actually - Merrell has picked it up as a product - so it will be available in their catalog, and on their website......AND! They have sets of different colored ribbons you can purchase for it!

ChefBeckyD said:
Actually - Merrell has picked it up as a product - so it will be available in their catalog, and on their website......AND! They have sets of different colored ribbons you can purchase for it!
OH cool, I was hoping for some different colored ribbons:)

I was comfortable in all of the workshops, but I got really got chilly in the general sessions.

The theater (general sessions) was an icebox! Brr!!!I was chilly in my general sessions, but I'm usually cold. (Which is unusual for someone with as much "insulation" as I have. :) )

I love the VIP ribbon bag but I am terrible at tying bows - Otherwise I would love one.

I thought it was just the right temperature in my workshop rooms and also in the theatre for the general sessions! I would say if you tend to get cold easily that you should bring a jacket or sweater! But as many PP were saying Merrill does have some really cute sweaters and jackets as well as shirts! However be prepared for the LONG LONG LONG lines!

Related to McCormick Temperature: Is it Hot or Cold?

What is McCormick Temperature?

McCormick Temperature is a scale used to measure the spiciness or heat level of chili peppers, specifically in relation to the amount of capsaicin present.

Is McCormick Temperature the same as Scoville Heat Units (SHU)?

No, McCormick Temperature is a proprietary scale created by the McCormick spice company, while Scoville Heat Units is a scale developed by Wilbur Scoville in 1912 to measure the heat of chili peppers.

What is the highest McCormick Temperature rating?

The highest McCormick Temperature rating is 1000, which is equivalent to the heat level of pure capsaicin. This can be found in the hottest chili peppers, such as the Carolina Reaper.

What is the lowest McCormick Temperature rating?

The lowest McCormick Temperature rating is 0, which is equivalent to no heat. This can be found in non-spicy chili peppers, such as bell peppers.

How can I use McCormick Temperature in my cooking?

McCormick Temperature can be used as a guide to determine the heat level of chili peppers and other spicy ingredients in your recipes. This can help you adjust the amount of spice to your desired taste. It can also be used as a reference for choosing peppers for different levels of spiciness in your dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies