• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Opportunities: Promoting PC in a Small Mountain Community

In summary, Andrea is a traveler who works contracts in other states, but her current contract is in Arizona. She has been talking to more people around her current contract, but she also wants to challenge herself to go to each department and nursing station on her last three days. She has decided that she is going to bring in a recipe to share with the staff.
TammyStar
I am a "traveler" I work contracts usually in other states but my current contract is in AZ, 3 hours from home because my DD was pregnant and I wanted to be close for when the baby was born. A few people that I work with know I am a consultant and I have given out a few catalogs with no orders in the last 8 weeks. I have to be careful about "soliciting" because if I lose a contract for any reason it will cost me a lot of money.
I was thinking since next weekend is my last I want to hand out catalogs and talk to people about PC since its my last weekend and I could follow up after my contract is over it won't be a problem. (They asked me to extend this contract but I was not impressed with the management and I would never work at this hospital so I declined) So my question is how do I approach the staff I interact with but don't really work with? What's a good one liner or opener to people you encounter at work but don't really work closely with?
Its a very small mountain community (68 bed hospital) and I know many people moved up here from the "big city" so they are familiar with PC so I figured that its a start.

Any suggestions? Comments? Funny stories??

Are you allowed to wear any buttons/pins? Or do you have a PC ink pen that you can use? That would be a silent and easy way to open up a conversation. If not, I think it would be perfectly okay to go the departments - on a break - and just leave a couple of catalogs and say something like "hey, I know I'm leaving you all soon, and I wanted to let you know that I sell PC on the side. I thought you might want to look at the catalog and here's a list of all of the items that are being retired too. I can take orders any 'ole time - even after I'm gone. Here's my contact info." Maybe something along that line??

Thanks Andrea! I'm definitly going to speak up next weekend since its my last one! I have been talking to more people around this weekend to get to know them. I have decided I'm going to challenge myself to go to each department and every nursing station on my last 3 days! I'll let you know how it goes.

What about bringing in a recipe to share... everybody's open when they're being fed :)

Hi there! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I completely understand your situation. It can be tricky to balance your job and your business without crossing any lines. My advice would be to start by simply mentioning your business in casual conversations with your coworkers. For example, if someone asks what you do outside of work, you can say something like, "I'm actually a Pampered Chef consultant on the side. It's a great way for me to earn some extra income while traveling for work." This opens up the conversation and allows you to share more about your business if they are interested. You can also leave catalogs in common areas, like the break room, for people to browse through on their own. And when your contract is over, you can follow up with those who have shown interest and offer to host a cooking demo or take orders. As for approaching people you don't work closely with, you can always use a friendly opener like, "Hey, I don't think we've officially met yet. I'm a Pampered Chef consultant and I wanted to see if you'd be interested in taking a look at our latest catalog." I hope this helps and best of luck with your business!

What are the most popular products for people looking for advice?

Some of our top recommended products for those seeking advice in the kitchen include the Quick Cooker, the Food Chopper, the Garlic Press, the Flexible Cutting Mat Set, and the Deluxe Cooking Blender.

Do you have any tips for organizing my kitchen?

Absolutely! Our top tip is to invest in some of our storage solutions, such as the Expandable Cooling Rack, the Stackable Cooling Racks, and the Stackable Pan Set. These will help maximize your storage space and keep your kitchen organized.

What are some easy recipes for beginners?

We have a variety of simple and delicious recipes on our website, including our famous One-Pot Pasta, our Taco Ring, and our Chicken and Broccoli Braid. You can also check out our cookbook for even more beginner-friendly recipes.

How can I make meal prep easier?

One great way to make meal prep easier is to invest in some of our time-saving tools, such as the Manual Food Processor, the Mandoline, and the Salad Chopper. These will help you quickly chop and prep ingredients for meals.

Do you have any tips for cooking with kids?

Cooking with kids can be a fun and educational experience! We recommend starting with simple recipes, such as our Mini Deep Dish Pizzas or our Fruit Kabobs. Also, be sure to involve them in the process and let them help with measuring and mixing ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tinawhite07
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
amyscookinggear
  • BAB@MistletoeFarm
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies