• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Meeting Attendance: Tips for Dealing with Non-Responsive RSVPs

debating if I should attend the monthly meetings. 8. Do you do a recap at the end of the meeting? 9. How often do you have to cancel meetings because no one RSVPs? 1. Meeting planning guide followed loosely- based on what our teams need at the time.2. 90 minutes3. Rewards for attendance- not sure4. Active dance- we do a lot of silly things to make everyone laugh5. Discussion- we cover each consultants biggest challenge and brainstorm together with ideas to overcome them6. Yes7. Break out training- varies8. Yes9. We have to cancel meetings sometimes because no one RSVPs.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Why plan a meeting when you can't get any RSVPs?
They don't return calls or reply to emails.
In order to have a meeting I have to send my kids to stay at their Dad's for the night...I miss my son's baseball game...I clean my house, prepare my training segments, compile recognition...
and nobody RSVPs
I am so frustrated.
I am taking time away from my family and my own customer base to prepare for people who don't even have the common courtesy to tell me whether or not they're coming.
Did I mention I give them the meeting schedule 12 months in advance?? So it's not like they haven't known there was a meeting tomorrow night, ya know???:mad::grumpy::mad:

dannyzmom said:
Why plan a meeting when you can't get any RSVPs?
They don't return calls or reply to emails.
In order to have a meeting I have to send my kids to stay at their Dad's for the night...I miss my son's baseball game...I clean my house, prepare my training segments, compile recognition...
and nobody RSVPs
I am so frustrated.
I am taking time away from my family and my own customer base to prepare for people who don't even have the common courtesy to tell me whether or not they're coming.
Did I mention I give them the meeting schedule 12 months in advance?? So it's not like they haven't known there was a meeting tomorrow night, ya know???:mad::grumpy::mad:

As my six year old used to say, "not nice!!!" Really, that is just bad manners. Does anyone come?

consistancy and persistancy... you do it because there will be someone who appreciates it, grows from it and has a successful business because of it... may not be today but someday!

pcjenni said:
consistancy and persistancy... you do it because there will be someone who appreciates it, grows from it and has a successful business because of it... may not be today but someday!

they can't grow from it if they don't come!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's bad news Deb! It's so frustrating when you spend time organising something and don't get the benefit. How many people are on your team? Do you have 1-1 meetings or calls with them? Maybe ask them what would encourage them to come. I would also think about saying to them that if you haven't heard from them that they are coming by the day before (i.e. you have noone confirmed to come) then you will cancel it. It's crazy waiting around in case they show up.

Hope this helps.

Kirsty

I know Deb, but I have goen through the same thing... and then 1 person starts coming and then 2 and eventuallya core group develops who want to work their businesses.

I feel like the fish in Finding Nemo "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming"

I've had very little success with attendance at my meetings. I'm hoping to change that this year... but it's hard because there is so much time spent on the planning that the small (if any) turnout is depressing!I'm going to try to rethink how I do them and see...

I don't have huge attendance but I have a small team and usually have 5 - 6 here. I'm gonna throw out some questions if you don't mind so that I can compare my meetings to yours. Does that make sense? I'm in an amazing cluster where 9 of us collaborate on our monthly meetings and then we each tailor it a bit to fit our size and we all help one another so I feel really spoiled.
1.Do y'all follow the meeting planning guide pretty closely or not? We use it but sometimes loosely... based on what our teams seem to need the most at the time.
2. Do you stick to a 90 min meeting?
3. Do they have to be at the meeting to receive whatever prize may be attached to some certain recognition?
4. Do you do an "active dance"? (Anyone who was active the past month with at least the $15o min. stands up and dances to a jazzy song... then
5. I do an around the table discussion about each consultants biggest challenge facing htem in their business today... and we all brainstorm together with ideas to overcome those. This is the most meaningful and motivating part of my meetings from the feedback they give me and they are unknowingly learning how to consultant coach! :)
6. Do you have fun? Do you do silly things that make eveyrone laugh? or is your meeting more serious? I ask that with a very big grin based on how much fun each of you is here... I can't imagine your meetings would NOT be fun!
7. How much "break out" training type things do you incorporate? When I was a new consultant and still now, I drink in everything I can from everyone around me and I LOVED and still LOVE the small group times of brainstorming about new products or recruiting... booking ect.
Ok... don't shoot me... I just love my directors meetings and having my own so much that I get sad for y'all to have anything less than the best! YOU ARE all the best and planning is hard work that should be rewarded with attendance! I hope you don't mind me asking theses questions and sharing a bit of what I do... I've learned from some amazing folks... including all of you!

quiverfull7;30841 4. Do you do an "active dance"? (Anyone who was active the past month with at least the $15o min. stands up and dances to a jazzy song. ==u![/QUOTE said:
Ohmygosh I love the active dance idea!!!!!!
I am like you- I have a small team and typically have 6-10 people in attendance. I send out agendas ahead of time with their names being in a drawing for a prize based on RSVP'ing, bringing an interested person, being on time., etc.
Based on the Jack Canfield training, we start every meeting with everyone going around the room and telling of a success they had in their business in the past month.
I rarely follow the meeting planner, unless there is something that, like you said, is interactive breakout type training. Like this month we did the red flag skits. They were very helpful in practicing word choices.
Another thing that seems to have helped is moving my meeting times to breakfast on Saturday mornings. We meet from 7:30-9. Then everyone has the rest of their day to go about their other business.

I used to be able to use a church hall and was able to be more creative with simple theme decorations. The turn out was better mainly for the location.

I stopped using my house because it was too much to turn my house and those in it, up side down. Carolyn, you sound just like I did before I decided to move my meeting out of my house.

With my group, the active dance would not go over well at all. Last week we followed the meeting planner somewhat, but I had 2 top achievers, one that goes in and out of activity...this actually was her first meeting. Then I had 1 that has been in a few months and 3 that were brand new. I tailored the meeting sort of with the semi seasoned in mind, but leaning more with the new people in mind.

An e-mail reminder goes out asking for an RSVP especially because I need to know the number of handouts to make. Then I send another reminder out 2 days before listing who I have heard from with either a yes or a no. And a reminder that if they even think they may be coming, I need to know to make sure I have the necessary handouts.

With my e-mails I try to give them a list of things we are going to do but am vague on too many details. I treat it like a tease! And I add lots of fun emoticons or pictures.

We have very fun meetings and I try to keep it part training, sharing successes, recognition, new recipes. Recently, I showed them all how to do the Molten Lava cake in the DCB. I try to always feed them with new and quick things like this to help them wow their guests.

Chefardy is always a fun one each selling season. I give away some of my extra free items too.

Planning my meetings are part meeting planner, throwing in new ideas, motivation, food and fun.

Recently I bought several packets of seeds in Walmart (20 cents a piece). The seed packet has a very pretty picture of assorted wild flowers. I gave each of them a packet of seeds and told them, what they get at the meeting tonight resembles the seeds in the packet I gave them. The picture of the beautiful flowers represent what their business could look like in a few months if they treat it just like the seeds need to have done to them.

Then I ask...
What do you need to do next to be able to get flowers this pretty?
Get a planter and/or dirt. So they have to take action. Not just let their seeds (aka their business) just sit in this packet. If they do nothing then nothing will happen.
Then they need to water and fertilize them. So they have to keep watching over them and make sure all of the necessary steps are being taken to nurture them so they can have this lovely patch of flowers. They have to host coach, customer care, keeping in touch with recruit leads, etc.
I then ask them if all the seeds will grow? Will at least one or more not make it to be in this bunch of flowers? I then tell them that this is just like their recruit leads. Leads are seeds...they are not all going to turn into flowers. This is ok and expected.
Then I ask, if one of the seeds does not make it, do you turn your back on the rest of the potential flowers? Well, no, because some are going to grow and become beautiful!
Then I ask if their seeds will become flowers next week just by taking the right action for a short time? No, it is going to take a few months of action to get flowers.
Weeding... No one likes to weed but these are the tasks that must be done...just like some of the tasks you may not like to do in your business, but it has to be done because eventually, the flowers will wither from not being attended to.
And finally, if you thought you were going to get flowers this pretty in a few months...would you do all the necessary steps to get them there?Your business can be this pretty...keep tending it like these seeds and see what beautiful things can come from your business. Then I remind them of their goals...like the trip they want, the bill they want to pay, the night out of the house from the hubby and kids, etc.

And I do feel the frustration, Carolyn. They do NOT have any idea how much planning goes into a meeting. They show up and it is there!!! Hang in there and keep at it!

Ooooh Ann I love your creativity!! Annnnndddd I am stealing the seed idea for next month. muahahahahahahahaaa.. thank you!

beckyjsmith said:
Ooooh Ann I love your creativity!! Annnnndddd I am stealing the seed idea for next month. muahahahahahahahaaa.. thank you!

Please steal...I steal and add or take away what I want all of the time!! That is why I :love0010:LOVE:love0010:this business and all of my buds here on DS!!!:candyheart:

I'm so stealing the seed idea too for next month! Thanks!!!:love0010:

I usually have about 10 attending my meeting. I look at the planner each month and sometimes I use it if it fits what I feel my team needs. I've used it more lately than in the past. This month I followed it totally (except the host part) and added gold medals - they had to stand on a podium to get their medal for each show held in January & February. I also had several bring new recipes and had people demo the nectarine salsa appetizer and the smore's. They said it was the best meeting ever.

Ok, so I had my meeting tonight--I decided last month that I would start letting them plan the meetings--I give them the meeting planner to work with a month early and help them tweak it. The ones that were here last month agreed, the rest I just assigned and sent them the schedule. I realize I would have to tweak the schedule for those that bail, etc. tonight was the first month that I didn't have to do the whole thing. I did purchase the ingredients for the demo, and I did run off the handouts, and I did have all the new products out for them to touch and feel....but that's all.

Result? Well, I had 7 at my meeting....not bad....the two that did the meeting DID the meeting (a little help from me, but really not much), and the one that was assigned the demo DID the demo. Everyone had a good time, I was a LOT less stressed at 5 p.m. trying to get everything done....the ones that are on for next month stayed after the meeting tonight to start planning... it was a lot easier for me. And they are learning more because they are doing it. Will this work all year? Don't know, but it seemed to work tonight, and for next month.

My biggest pet peeve is those that dont respond to emails or calls...it's just flat rude. But I have a core that seems to want to work, so we'll see. if they don't respond to emails or calls they don't get recognition from me I don't care how big their month was.

Nancy

Ann... LOVE LOVE LOVE your seed idea!!!!!!!! I'm SO using it! I may even send out the seed packet with a meeting invite in the mail and tell them to bring the seeds... hmmmm ... I just love you guys!!!!! Can't wait to hear more amazing ideas from each of you! This is so great!

finley1991 said:
I've had very little success with attendance at my meetings. I'm hoping to change that this year... but it's hard because there is so much time spent on the planning that the small (if any) turnout is depressing!

I'm going to try to rethink how I do them and see...

^this.

Right now we're back to meetings with my director. Last night I had two team members there--both are my newest consultants.

DebbieJ said:
Right now we're back to meetings with my director.

I so wish I had a director in the area to do this with!!! I know of one, but unfortunately, she wants to partner with me so I will do it all. I've been down this road with her before and will not travel it again! Live and learn.

My #1 priority this year is to grow my team and recruit my hiney off! Maybe that will boost attendance? I don't know...

I am one of the lucky ones. I pair up with another Director (Karen) and we do meetings together. They are the meetings I started going to as a brand new consultant 7 years ago (my Director and Karen ran the meetings). When I promoted to Director, it was right when my own Director basically quit, so I picked up and started leading meetings with Karen. And that's how we've done it the past 5 years. We also have a handful of hospitality consultants that come to our meetings. So between our two teams (at least those who are local), and the hospitality ones, we probably have anywhere between 12-20 people any given month. We still have plenty that DON'T come, but it really helps to pair up. I'm really lucky because Karen always has lots of great ideas for our meetings and it's fun planning them with her. If I had to do it completely on my own, I wouldn't feel like they were anywhere close to as good. I did have to run last month's meeting on my own as Karen was recovering from surgery and that was not as fun!! It was a good meeting overall, though. We also do New Consultant Training once a month separately than the big meeting. I'm flying solo for that on Monday too.

1. How can I encourage guests to RSVP to my Pampered Chef party?

There are a few ways to encourage your guests to RSVP to your party. First, make sure to send out invitations with a clear RSVP deadline and include a way for guests to easily respond, such as through email or a phone call. You can also offer an incentive, such as a free gift or extra entry into a raffle, for those who RSVP by the deadline. Additionally, make sure to follow up with any guests who have not responded a few days before the party to remind them.

2. What should I do if I have non-responsive RSVPs?

If you have guests who have not responded to your invitation, it's important to follow up with them. You can send a friendly reminder email or make a phone call to check in and see if they plan on attending. It's possible they may have forgotten or their RSVP got lost in the shuffle. If you still don't hear back from them, it's best to assume they will not be attending and adjust your party plans accordingly.

3. How can I make my Pampered Chef party more appealing to potential guests?

One way to make your party more appealing is to offer a variety of products and recipes. Consider incorporating different themes, such as a holiday party or a girls' night in, to make the event more fun and unique. You can also offer special discounts or promotions for guests who attend and place orders at the party.

4. Is it okay to have a mix of RSVP'd and non-responsive guests at my party?

Yes, it's common to have a mix of guests who have RSVP'd and those who have not responded at your party. It's important to still prepare enough food and supplies for all guests, as some may show up without RSVPing. You can also try to confirm attendance with non-responsive guests a few days before the party to get a better idea of how many people to expect.

5. What should I do if I have more guests RSVP than I originally expected?

If you end up with more guests RSVPing than you originally expected, don't panic! Reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for advice on how to handle the situation. They may be able to provide extra products or suggest alternative party set-ups to accommodate the larger group. You can also consider asking a friend or family member to co-host the party with you to help with the extra guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheftiffany
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
baychef
  • dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • wadesgirl