• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Direct Sales: Exploring the Benefits of Multitasking for Consultants

up to her and her company. Some companies do require additional fees, but it's usually minimal. Not trying to be argumentative...but does your aunt have to pay other things that we may not? As in, does she pay for any of the host benefits...have her commission adjusted for returns...have to pay a yearly fee to accept credit cards...etc. Sometimes things LOOK better than they actually are.I am not sure about the expenses for her things, I have no interest in what she is selling, I was just surprised she got that much commission!!I would guess that she spends a lot of time developing her products and/or services, as well as promoting them. So, it's possible that
melaniepc
not sure if I can post this here but searching the internet I have noticed alot of consultants who do more then one thing at a time for direct sales. Are we allowed to do that? Does one help sell the other?

Consultants can do this, but you can not sell BOTH at the same show...

Directors and above are NOT allowed to do two companies.

Personally, I think your time and success would be split between the two, but that's just me...

KellyTheChef said:
Consultants can do this, but you can not sell BOTH at the same show...

Directors and above are NOT allowed to do two companies.

Personally, I think your time and success would be split between the two, but that's just me...

I agree. I think you need to find your "passion" and put your energy into it! That's my 2 cents! :p

In your travels around the internet, have you ever found someone who is successful at more than one DS comapny at a time? Just something to ponder...

I've heard of folks doing this, and I even considered it for about 2 whole days. Then my husband simply asked me, WHY? Well, of course, I bounced right back with more money, different contacts, different product....and he said again, why? I was getting a bit annoyed, and then I paused: the stress of managing two completely different sets of contacts, email groups, what you offer to who, when, and then not giving enough attention to either one because you are so busy trying to do both that they each would fail. Not worth it!

Actually , one of my good friends in another state told me her best friend sells three differnt things and I was like OMG how on earth does she keep up with it all? She said she does very well with it and does about 2-3 parties a month for each one. Sometimes one gets slow and she can still do the others. I wouldnt want to do two, especially at the start. I am still trying to get leads for my pc business. I was just curious if others did this.

melaniepc said:
Actually , one of my good friends in another state told me her best friend sells three differnt things and I was like OMG how on earth does she keep up with it all? She said she does very well with it and does about 2-3 parties a month for each one. Sometimes one gets slow and she can still do the others. I wouldnt want to do two, especially at the start. I am still trying to get leads for my pc business. I was just curious if others did this.

I'd rather focus on one, especially since our commission changes as our sales go up. If you're doing 6 shows in a month anyway, wouldn't you rather make them all PC shows and have a $3000 month?

you make $3000 a month in commission? or do you mean the party? I agree, it just depends on how you look at it. I guess if you have lots of time and you like doing more then one thing it can work .. I do wish pc offered a bit more in commission. my aunt just started selling with a different company and she is making 40% . thats alot!!

melaniepc said:
you make $3000 a month in commission? or do you mean the party? I agree, it just depends on how you look at it. I guess if you have lots of time and you like doing more then one thing it can work .. I do wish pc offered a bit more in commission. my aunt just started selling with a different company and she is making 40% . thats alot!!

She is meaning $3,000 in commissionable sales, so you would make a percentage of $3,000. As our total sales go up in one month, our commission % goes up too.

Not trying to be argumentative...but does your aunt have to pay other things that we may not? As in, does she pay for any of the host benefits...have her commission adjusted for returns...have to pay a yearly fee to accept credit cards...etc. Sometimes things LOOK better than they actually are.

I am not sure about the expenses for her things, I have no interest in what she is selling, I was just surprised she got that much commission!! I was just curious is all. I just dont know who those girls keep their heads straight while doing so many parties

KellyTheChef said:
Not trying to be argumentative...but does your aunt have to pay other things that we may not? As in, does she pay for any of the host benefits...have her commission adjusted for returns...have to pay a yearly fee to accept credit cards...etc. Sometimes things LOOK better than they actually are.

That's a perfect thing to take a look at. VERY good point. If there are potential consultants taking a look at more than one biz (or if current consultants are considering adding a business), it may appear if our commission isn't as high but is completely our commssion. Nothing comes out of it. ONe other thing for these people to consider is inventory. Can you imagine if we had to carry inventory?? First of all, my house would be over-run with PC stuff. It already is just from all the free stuff we get!:D But we never have to worry about unloading inventory when things get discontinued. I know from skincare/makeup companies whenever they come out with new colors and stuff like that, other lines are d/c'd and they have all that inventory. The amount of training needs to be considered too. I have heard from consultants from more than one company that our training seems WAY better and more comprehensive than any they've ever seen. I think that's a huge thing to take a look at too.

I know, I am so glad that they give us such a great starter kit with PC. Really you have almost everything you need right there. IF you want to add to it thats great but you dont have to.

Another thing to consider--everyone eats. You mention that you aren't interested in what your aunt's selling. Forty percent of no sales is much less than 20% of good sales. Plus, as a friend once pointed out, if they are able to pay the consultant 40% and still make a profit, their products may be overpriced.As to your original question, I know people who have sold with more than one DS company. I can't imagine doing it, though. I would think it would divide your loyalties. Besides, which logo wear would would wear? I can see it now--a PC hat, MK shirt, and GC fanny pack. LOL!

Related to Maximizing Direct Sales: Exploring the Benefits of Multitasking for Consultants

1. How can multitasking help me increase my sales as a consultant?

Multitasking allows you to accomplish more tasks in a shorter amount of time, which means you can reach out to more potential customers and host more parties. This can ultimately lead to increased sales and growth in your business.

2. Is it possible to effectively multitask while still providing quality customer service?

Yes, it is possible to multitask and provide excellent customer service. This can be achieved by utilizing technology such as scheduling and automation tools, as well as setting specific times for tasks like responding to emails or messages.

3. How can I balance multitasking with other responsibilities and commitments?

Prioritizing and time management are key when it comes to balancing multitasking with other responsibilities. It's important to set realistic goals and delegate tasks when necessary. Utilizing a planner or schedule can also help you stay organized and on track.

4. Are there any specific tools or resources that can help me with multitasking as a consultant?

Yes, there are many tools and resources available to help with multitasking as a consultant. Some examples include scheduling and automation software, virtual assistants, and online training programs.

5. How can I stay focused and avoid getting overwhelmed while multitasking?

One way to stay focused and avoid becoming overwhelmed is to break down larger tasks into smaller, more manageable ones. It's also important to take breaks and prioritize self-care to avoid burnout. Additionally, it can be helpful to limit distractions and create a structured routine for your workday.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• slhalepc
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Becca_in_MD
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • T1Pumper