• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Business Growth: The Power of Personal Contact

A
Andrea1627
How many contacts do you make per day to grow your business? I plan on buying 100 mini catalogs and put them out to everyone....see what happens. I'm hoping that I get a good response. I plan on IF I give someone one, to get their phone number or email addy and call them back, I think following up will help...by not following up, people tend to forget. Also, like I read in another email, the personal touch means alot to people.

Anyone else tried this? What happened?

What is a mini catalog?I have never seen a mini catalog.... can you tell me what it is?

monica.dixon said:
I have never seen a mini catalog.... can you tell me what it is?

It's a small catalog that just features our new products. We have them during each selling season, so if you want to notify customers of the new things, you can use that. They take a regular stamp to mail. You will get one in your change-over supplies at the end of the month!

Speaking of change over supplies, does anyone know when they ship out?

Do we automatically get change over supplies, or do we have to buy everything up front?

PC automatically sends out a box with a pack or catalogs and brochures, or any new services PC offers, and PP update. You will most likely need to order more supplies, depending on how active you are.

Yes, we will automatically get changeover supply box but there will mainly be just samples of the new supplies. Although I believe they will send us 25 catalogues in our changeover kit. Somone can correct me if I'm wrong. I believe I heard that we should get our kits by the end of this month because we'll need at least a month to start ordering our new supplies.

I am sending all my customers a list of the discontinued products and an invite to my mystery host sneak peek. There I will be showing but not selling the new products, and taking orders for the discontinued items. Then after the sneak peek I am going to send mini's out to everyone who didn't attend, and host specials with my monthly newsletter to the people who attended but didn't book.

BTW, the change-over kits are supposed to be to directors by July 27th and to consultants by July 31st.

Last edited:
gilliandanielle said:
I am sending all my customers a list of the discontinued products and an invite to my mystery host sneak peek. There I will be showing but not selling the new products, and taking orders for the discontinued items. Then after the sneak peek I am going to send mini's out to everyone who didn't attend, and host specials with my monthly newsletter to the people who attended but didn't book.

BTW, the change-over kits are supposed to be to directors by July 27th and to consultants by July 31st.

Same plans! Will do a DC sale and preview the new items and tie in Bingo with my party to get them back to my house. (Since I Had 2 grand openings and A Spring Reveal party) I figured Bingo would be fun/ interesting to those who have been to my house before and mix it up a bit!

I appreciate the posts, but does anyone have the answer to my original question?

Andrea1627 said:
I appreciate the posts, but does anyone have the answer to my original question?

:D :D :D TOO FUNNY!!!:D :D :D

Andrea1627 said:
How many contacts do you make per day to grow your business? I plan on buying 100 mini catalogs and put them out to everyone....see what happens. I'm hoping that I get a good response. I plan on IF I give someone one, to get their phone number or email addy and call them back, I think following up will help...by not following up, people tend to forget. Also, like I read in another email, the personal touch means alot to people.

Anyone else tried this? What happened?
I'll answer....me, me, pick me!!:p

Ok, first make the goal of contacting very do-able....say 3-5 per day. ONLY hand out info or a catalog if you get their info first!! You can't contact them if you don't have it....

and DON'T pass out a ton of catalogs if you can't touch base with them in the next 2-3 days! It is a total waste of time and money...many of us on Chef Success can attest to that! Just pass out 10-15 (and get contact info), then call those people back in the next few days....and then do it all over again!

Good luck! Hey, did I answer it right?:)

jwpamp said:
first make the goal of contacting very do-able....say 3-5 per day. ONLY hand out info or a catalog if you get their info first!! You can't contact them if you don't have it....

and DON'T pass out a ton of catalogs if you can't touch base with them in the next 2-3 days! It is a total waste of time and money...many of us on Chef Success can attest to that! Just pass out 10-15 (and get contact info), then call those people back in the next few days....and then do it all over again!

Good luck! Hey, did I answer it right?:)

I think you answered this correctly. :) Customers will very seldom call YOU, but that doesn't mean that they won't book or buy if you call them. If you can't (don't or won't) followup, you might as well throw away the money you would spend on catalogs.

Same goes for open houses and mystery host events. As with our normal cooking shows, reminder calls are a must. It's a drag but it will make an huge difference in the outcome.

I was also asking if anyone has done this (passed out catalogs and then called back to get the orders) and wondered what happened...did you get orders? Bookings? please share!

I've done it 'wrong' many times.
But I will no longer.

So do you ask for their information and say something like "I'd like to give you a Pampered Chef catalog and see what you think with a follow up call in a couple of days."

As for contacts, I'm working towards a goal of three per day. That's 3 not people who have already been to one of my shows.

I don't have any solid dated bookings yet though. My goal is to have two at least by the end of this week. Once that happens, my reward is to head out on the road with hubby for a few weeks! Then hit the fall selling season hard!

Kris

That's something I NEED to do.I have a terrible time getting on the phone with people. I need to do as Belinda Ellsworth said in her seminar. Set aside one hour per day and do business. It does not matter if you do it in 2 half hour slots or 4, 15 minute slots. JUST DO IT! Also, I was told the average call is 10 minutes. So that tells you how many contacts to make. I have three days a week including Mondays at those are really bad to do this so I stick to Sunday and Thursday nights. Apparently I need to actually do it though to make it work. I am currently "kicking" myself for not being motivated more this year, I have only two bookings from phone calls made during conference. Last year I had 8 and got 6 more the following week. It just isn't there this year and I don't know why.
I am not focused well at all. Oh well, got find my mojo, it left the building!

pampered1224 said:
I am not focused well at all. Oh well, got find my mojo, it left the building!

I'm right there with you! Since I got back I have been slammed. That show I told you about on the bus closed at $931, so I'm thrilled! My closet crashed down just before I left and my brother who has a home repair business is fixing it after work. I think he has one more trip back. So, I've been doing dinner for him. He won't let me pay for his labor, so I'm trying to get him to tell me how much for the parts and have him eat a decent dinner.

I haven't had a chance to sit down and make ANY calls and I am just dying to do so because I feel that I can answer objections now.

Well just DO ITBelinda said not to think about it, do it!
I know, I have to do it too. It's just hard to do it when you don't feel like doing it. And I got to do it or it won't get done. Right? Right!
I made my list for tonight, updated my web page, sent out the discontinued list, started a catalog show to catch some of those discontinueds and already have $181 on it. So now, I got to do it and get on the phone. Luckily it's going to rain here tonight so that will make it easier. So, now for the fun stuff!
Hey folks I got a chance to meet Anne in person at conference! Talk about a sweet heart!
I wish you much luck! Big Hug!

pampered1224 said:
Hey folks I got a chance to meet Anne in person at conference! Talk about a sweet heart!
I wish you much luck! Big Hug!

I think you and Shari are the only ones who win that lucky prize!

I am about to kick my husband off of the phone. Although he's making calls for his DJ business. And, he mentioned the wedding registry! I'm so proud!!! I know it seems simple, but he doesn't want to make his clients uncomfortable, which I can understand. I just ask him to get their permission for me to contact them, and I'll do the rest!

Related to Maximizing Business Growth: The Power of Personal Contact

How many contacts do you make per day to grow your business?

The number of contacts you make per day to grow your business will depend on a variety of factors, including your industry, target audience, and personal capacity. It is important to strike a balance between the quantity and quality of your contacts. Focus on making meaningful connections with potential clients or partners rather than simply collecting a large number of contacts.

I plan on buying 100 mini catalogs and putting them out to everyone. What can I expect to happen?

While distributing mini catalogs to a large number of people may increase your chances of reaching potential customers, it is important to have a clear plan for follow-up and tracking the success of your efforts. Without a targeted approach, it is difficult to predict the specific outcome of this method.

How important is it to follow up with potential contacts?

Following up with potential contacts is crucial for maintaining relationships and converting leads into clients. Without follow-up, people may forget about your business or lose interest. It is important to have a system in place for tracking and following up with potential contacts to maximize the potential for business growth.

Has anyone else tried this method of personal contact for business growth?

Many businesses have utilized personal contact as a means of growing their business. Results may vary depending on the industry, target audience, and approach used. It is important to tailor your approach to fit your specific business goals and needs.

What happened when others have tried this method?

The outcomes of using personal contact for business growth can vary greatly. Some businesses have reported success in gaining new clients and increasing sales through personal contact, while others may have had limited success or faced challenges in implementing this method. It is important to carefully track and evaluate the results of your efforts to determine the effectiveness of this approach for your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jess_K
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
aPamperedBride
  • michellebakes2
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
  • kcmckay