• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Maximize Your Opportunities: Participating in a $40 Career Fair

In summary, a career fair is an event where employers and job seekers come together to discuss employment opportunities. To prepare for a career fair, it is important to research the attending companies, tailor your resume, and practice your elevator pitch. It is helpful to bring multiple copies of your resume, a pen and paper, and a professional appearance. When approaching employers, be confident, introduce yourself, and ask about any open positions. It is important to follow up after the career fair by sending a thank-you email and updated resume to show continued interest.
finley1991
I have an opportunity to participate in a Career Fair. It's $40 for the 4-hour event.

Has anyone ever done something like this? What are your thoughts on this?

Should I do it?

I did one. I say, "DO IT"!! Why not?! You just have to be prepared to really share the Business, not the hobby. LOL! Make sense?

Chef Kearns said:
I did one. I say, "DO IT"!! Why not?! You just have to be prepared to really share the Business, not the hobby. LOL! Make sense?

YES!!!! I understand what you mean!

This a career fair for 21-39 age group for a state-wide organization I used to be part of. I have a consultant who lives about 4 hours north of me... this even would be half-way for both of us and I'm thinking of maybe doing it with her if she can make it. Either way, it would be fun to spend the time together so it wouldn't be a total loss if nothing came of it...

That's a good price, too, so why not? Go for it. I thought about participating in them before (although now is probably a better time!), but they cost too much. Someone I know who has a resume writing business and does a lot of job fairs in the past had said I probably wouldn't get too much interest from the attendees because they're looking for permanent jobs with benefits, etc. But nowadays it's a whole different story. I may look into them again!

I think it will be interesting... and we have benefits that a lot of people are looking for with permanent jobs so that's not an objection any more!!!! :)

1. What is a career fair?

A career fair is an event where employers gather to meet potential job candidates and discuss employment opportunities. It is a great opportunity for job seekers to network, learn about different companies, and submit their resumes for consideration.

2. How do I prepare for a career fair?

To prepare for a career fair, it is important to research the companies that will be in attendance and tailor your resume and cover letter to the specific companies you are interested in. It is also helpful to practice your elevator pitch and dress professionally.

3. What should I bring to a career fair?

You should bring multiple copies of your resume, a pen and paper for taking notes, and a portfolio or folder to hold any materials you receive from employers. It is also a good idea to bring a water bottle and some snacks in case the event is long.

4. How should I approach employers at a career fair?

Approach employers with confidence and a smile. Introduce yourself and explain your interest in their company. Ask about any open positions and be prepared to briefly discuss your qualifications and experience. Remember to also ask for a business card or contact information to follow up after the event.

5. Is it important to follow up after a career fair?

Yes, it is important to follow up after a career fair. Send a thank-you email to any employers you spoke with, and attach an updated version of your resume. This will show your continued interest in the company and may help you stand out among other candidates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • its_me_susan