• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Master's-Educated Teacher Seeking Job in Florida

I live in Orange County and love it here. The cost of living is definitely higher than most places, but the schools are some of the best in the country. There are also a lot of opportunities for teaching here, whether you want to teach in a public or private school. My husband is a teacher and we have been very happy.
trps
Silver Member
I am looking for a teaching job in Florida we are thinking about relocating does anyone know of any openings? I have a Master's in Elementary Education.

Where in Florida are you looking? It's a HUGE state.

Oh Lord..down here..you can count on EVERYONE looking for teachers. Take your pick!

Jobs a PLENTY!!!!I'm a Special Ed teacher in Lake County Florida, which is outside of Orlando. We have openings. EVERY system here has openings. Go to www.teachinflorida.com. That site has a ton of info.

Let me know how I can help you :)

NBCT, 2000 ENS
M.Ed Exceptional Student Education, Varying Exceptionalities

Thanks for the site I will look. We don't have a set place just someplace nice for the kids and I want to teach in the same area. Here OHIO there are 1 job for every 500+++ applicants if you are lucky sometimes 0 jobs for all those people.

I live in Sarasota County and they are always looking for teachers too and we have a WONDERFUL school system here. I think its be rated one of the top ones in the state.

Check info before moving here
trps said:
I am looking for a teaching job in Florida we are thinking about relocating does anyone know of any openings? I have a Master's in Elementary Education.

Yes, all school systems here are looking for teachers. BUT, PLEASE check out the cost of living here before moving here. Houses are high, insurance and property taxes are high, hurricanes happen :rolleyes: . Some things may change with the new governor, but talk to Florida folks on here to get more info on all that.

I live in St. Pete, and love the area.

Robin

I live in Oviedo, which is in Seminole county. The cost of living is not quite as high here as it is in neighboring counties, and the schools are better, at least in my opinion. My cousin was a teacher for a local school before she became a stay at home mom, and she seemed pretty happy. It also depends on if you want public or private schools. Two private schools that I highly recommend for students and teachers are The Master's Academy in Oviedo, and The Park Maitland school in Maitland. Both have websites that you can log onto.

www.mastersacademy.org and www.parkmaitland.org

Hope it helps!

I live in a busy city but really it's a town. There are no big buildings or nothing like that but I feel safe raising my 3 children here. My son (my other 2 aren't old enough to go to school yet) goes to Palm Bay Charter and we LOVE it!:D You have to wear uniforms and they have a TON of extra classes such as spanish, computer, art, music. It's free to attend, you just have to purchase the uniforms.
Please PM me if you would like more info.

I wish you the best. I know a lot of teachers down here looking for jobs and while we have a teacher shortage, budget restraints hinder some hiring. My sister took a job in something that she had no interest in teaching just for a foot in the door so to speak.It's such a nice thing to see someone who wants to be a teacher! It's such hard work. I will pray for you and your family!Hey Heather,
I live in Winter Springs, we're neighbors!!! :) Jaye

Related to Master's-Educated Teacher Seeking Job in Florida

What are the requirements for becoming a teacher in Florida?

In order to become a teacher in Florida, you must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, complete a state-approved teacher preparation program, and pass the required exams including the Florida Teacher Certification Examinations (FTCE).

How do I apply for a teaching job in Florida?

To apply for a teaching job in Florida, you can search for open positions on the Florida Department of Education website or on job search websites such as Indeed or Monster. You will need to submit a resume, cover letter, and any other required application materials to the specific school or district you are interested in.

What is the average salary for a teacher in Florida?

The average salary for a teacher in Florida varies depending on the district and years of experience, but the average salary for a public school teacher in Florida is around $48,000 per year.

What is the process for obtaining a teaching certificate in Florida?

The process for obtaining a teaching certificate in Florida includes completing a state-approved teacher preparation program, passing the required exams, and submitting an application to the Florida Department of Education. Once approved, you will receive a Temporary Certificate, which is valid for three years. After three years of teaching experience, you can apply for a Professional Certificate.

What are the benefits of teaching in Florida?

Some benefits of teaching in Florida include competitive salaries, a variety of school districts to choose from, opportunities for professional development and advancement, and a warm climate. Additionally, Florida offers a Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program for those who teach in high-need areas or low-income schools.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cburghart12
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • twopamperedchefs
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • ChefJWarren