• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Master Your Pampered Chef Shows: Tips for Closing and Engaging Audiences

In summary, Mindy is having trouble getting her fourth show closed today so she gets qualified to join Pampered Chef. She is a veteran of direct sales and is nervous when she gets in front of a bunch of people. Mindy follows the cards given to her in her starter package, reviews the material, and talks about what she loves about the products. She has practiced at home and at shows. Mindy has trouble remembering recipes but usually can remember what she talked about and what she demonstrated.
missmindym
Today is my 30th day and I'm struggling to get my 4th show closed today so I get qualified! But, I feel like I keep bombing my shows. Let me start by saying the reason I joined Pampered Chef honestly was to be able to get the products for myself, lol. I've always hated direct sales, and getting up in front of people and asking for the sale, etc. But I watched the lady who recruited me do several shows and she barely speaks english, but I bought from her and so did most people, and she didn't ask for the sale. The products pretty much sold themselves. I thought, "man, I could do this, maybe make a little money here and there and get the stuff I want free or cheap."

Anyway, I'm getting off track. Now that I'm in, I really really want to do well, but I'm having trouble at my cooking shows/open houses, etc. I get so nervous when I get in front of a bunch of people, especially other women, that I either lose all train of thought, or just start going on and on and on, you get the picture. I've tried following the cards they give us in our starter package and if I look at them, I find myself just reading straight from the cards and when it comes time to come off of them I'm totally lost. I've read the catalog. I've taken the online trainings both the shows and the products, and yet when I get up in front of the group, I totally forget everything. I follow no particular train of thought and jump from one thing to another, nothing really flows. I keep hearing myself say, and I just love (insert any PC product here), it works great and is so convenient. And I think to myself, "well tell them why it's so great and convenient", but nothing comes. I just feel like I'm really jacking things up.

I know that the more I do them the more comfortable (I hope) I will become, but I need something more to help me get to that point.

So, what do/did you do to get through your shows? Did you have a specific format you followed at every show? Certain things you said? Did you read from cards, a script, anything? Is there any place where I can watch a show in it's entirety? Somewhere I can find more training?

Hi Miss Mindy,

Everyone is nervous even some veterans here I'm sure. I know I was I always had a fear of talking in front of people. I have a bad memory being in high school and running for a class office. I couldn't even get my speech out and I had over 200 people looking at me like there was something wrong with me. I'm still new but it did seem to go pretty well. I'm a huge foodnetwork fan so I felt like I was doing my "own" cooking show. I reviewed the material but pretty much went my own way.
Don't worry about making sure you say everything or how you are saying it. Just be yourself. You said you joined because you love PC, well that will come across. Share your stories and people will connect. Talk about what you love about PC, no script needed there. Good luck I'm sure it will all fall in place.

Practice with your tools at home and talk about them - I know it's sounds silly but it helps to know what your going to say when you have been saying it.
I also have done an outline for myself to stay on track - it helps!!
I still get nervous and have done 96 shows!! Well now it's mostly nerves before the show and then I'm fine once I get going and have fun! I think that's most of it - just have fun!! ask your guests to share their favorite tools & why they like them.Good luck on qualifying.

Oh Minday, how we have all been there and feel for you....
I have been doing this since March, I used to be a trainer and used to have to talk to LOTS of people yet I couldn't get any of right words out when I started selling PC, I literally just froze. I use index cards with notes and that helps me follow my format. I tell them this is my whatever party (10th, 15th, 17th party, whatever it is and people are usually pretty kind. I practice and read my notes before the show and that has helped me TONS. I used and practiced with the products too. I still have trouble remembering recipes, even if I have made it at home 20 times and in a show 10 times. I have gone to having a guest read the recipe and that helps as well.
You will find what works for you and you will get into a groove and be GREAT!!!!

Sorry, I added an A to your name, I am the worst typist!! Kacey, I need your help!!!!

I had this problem with my first 2 shows. I felt like I was just repeating myself the whole show. My director invited me to watch one of her shows, so I did 2 days after my 2nd show and it helped so much! I literally wrote down everything she did and in the order that she did it. Then, I came home and re-wrote my notes into a form that I could use at my show. I go over that outline all the time and right before my shows. I even practice out loud in the car on the way to my shows. It really has helped a TON!

Good luck!

I probably have no business posting here as I have only done 3 shows myself! However, like Ayden't Mom I went to watch my Director's show after my 2nd show and it made such a HUGE difference in my 3rd show.

Another thing that worked in that 3rd show was I started by talking about why I wanted to have my own business and how PC has turned out to be such a perfect fit for me. Then I said, "And since I am the boss of my own business I am hiring you as my employees and you are going to be put to work tonight"! They all laughed and I asked for a recipe reader...at first there was a hesitation until I said..."The jobs get worse...better jump in now"!!! There was so much laughter and fun during that show!

Just my two cents!

I feel for you too! If one of your stumbling blocks is "going on and on" how about letting your guests do the selling?

Most of the products in the starter kit are PC basics and favorites. So, when you turn to use something or pick up something, say "Does anyone have our <product>?" If someone says yes or raises her hand, say to her "Tell everyone what you love about it!" He or she will likely go into detail about how he or she uses it, loves it etc. When he or she is done, thank him or her and proceed with the recipe.

I agree with others about being honest about why you're in the biz and that its one of your first shows and you're nervous! You will get lots of sympathy and sales!!

Hang in there!

Mindy,
This may work for you!!
When I first started I flew through my shows and had hostesses tell me to breathe. I understand how easy it is to be flustered. Merego mentioned index cards and I tried that but if they got out of place...well you know. So here is what I did, I typed up and outline. I picked out 3 recipes that I would give as options to my hostess and made an outline for each one.
Start it like this...list each product-next to that say what ingredient you are using, including measurement in you need to
in bullets under that product list 4-5 ideas, reasons it is great, awesome hostess 1/2 price item etc and lead in to a personal story if you have one
I did this for every product for that recipe start to finish... I included the closing things that I needed to make sure I touched down on.
Each outline started with my welcome, hostess benefit,
Oh and "my story" was typed up on there also, in case I forgot my WHY!!

I hope this helps, I know it did for me, if you want I can send you an example. PM me w/ your email if you want me to send one to you.

Another thing to help you w/ nerves...jokes...during my first 100 shows if I messed up I told the guests that this was show # 37 and I was going to keep doing this until I got it right.
Or other liners like, "they call us the Pampered Chef, not the Perfect Chef"
I so hope this helps!!

One other thing that can help--practice out loud. It helps to plant the words in your brain in a different way. Also, to make sure you're comfortable talking and doing things at the same time, you can talk your way through making dinner like you're doing a show. It sounds weird. It looks a bit odd. But, it works.

i'm in the same boat as you. i feel like i bombed my 1st show so i'mgoing to watch my director. i already watched my recruiter and even just watching that one(she said it was her worst show ever or almost at least) i got a few ideas. the one that really sticks out in my mind is pretty much every time she touched a new product, she would ask if any one had it and would either ask for personal stories or tell her own depending on the response. there is one lady in our cluster who regularly has 1000+ shows. i'm going to watch her as soon as she gets back from vacation. i want to know her secret. from what i understand she hasn't had a show with less than 1000$ in sales in months! good luck to you, i hear it gets easier!

Take the Selling Skills Teleclass. AMAZING!!!!! it will help you so much so you don't feel like you are going on and on.Do you use the tools in your kitchen? If not, you NEED to! When you speak from experience, you are more authentic and can speak from the heart.Oh, and by the way, after three years, I still use an outline at every single show.

I most definitely use the products all the time. It's like I know what I'm going to say in my head and I get in front of that table full of people and I just freeze. Public speaking has always been terrifying for me. I dropped out of my speech class in college because I couldn't stand the nerves, I would puke everyday before class. I know a lot of it is in my head, but I love Pampered Chef, I love the products, if I could just figure out how to make sure I convey that without going on and on or just completely not making any sense.....

Like a lot of people have already suggested, when you use the products at home, talk, talk, talk, talk about them. Tell the features and benefits of the item and keep doing it over and over with every product. The more you do, the more natural it will be in front of an audience.

This is probably not what most people want to hear but think about finding a Toastmasters Club in your area and join and complete at least the first book (10 speeches) and become a Competent Toastmaster. You know your products and you understand the business. Fear of public speaking (which let's face it, more than 2 people is "public") may be your issue. When people say "Toastmasters changed my life!" they are not kidding.
And you might make some great new contacts for your business. Just my two cents.​

One of my team members is in Toastmasters and she got a booking that way after giving a speech about PC.Good suggestion!

1. What is the purpose of "Master Your Pampered Chef Shows: Tips for Closing and Engaging Audiences"?

The purpose of this training is to provide Pampered Chef consultants with tips and strategies for effectively closing and engaging their audience during product demonstrations and parties. This can help increase sales and build relationships with customers.

2. How will this training benefit me as a Pampered Chef consultant?

This training will provide you with valuable insights and techniques for improving your product demonstrations and parties. By mastering the art of closing and engaging your audience, you can increase your sales and establish long-lasting relationships with your customers. This can ultimately lead to a successful and thriving business.

3. Can I use these tips for both in-person and virtual shows?

Yes, the tips and strategies provided in this training can be applied to both in-person and virtual shows. In fact, they can be even more effective in virtual shows as you have limited time and attention from your audience. These tips will help you make the most out of your virtual demonstrations and engage your audience effectively.

4. Are these tips only for experienced consultants or can new consultants benefit from this training as well?

These tips are beneficial for both experienced and new consultants. While experienced consultants can use them to refine and improve their techniques, new consultants can learn the best practices and apply them from the very beginning of their Pampered Chef journey.

5. How can I access "Master Your Pampered Chef Shows: Tips for Closing and Engaging Audiences"?

This training can be accessed through the Pampered Chef consultant website, under the "Training" section. You can also reach out to your mentor or team leader for more information on how to access this training. It is available for all Pampered Chef consultants to help them succeed in their business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cjromero
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci