• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mashed Potatoes: Love it or Hate it?

In summary, Lisa loves her masher, but finds a problem with water getting in around the handle. She also finds it versatile and useful for a variety of tasks. Diane likes the masher for its ability to mash cauliflower and meatloaf.
LisaAnn
Silver Member
Do you love? Hate it? I've had a few customers ask about it, but I don't have one so I couldn't give them an honest answer. Any other useful ideas for it other than the obvious mashed potatoes?

LOVE IT!!!!

Mash eggs for egg salad, avocado for guacamole, beans for refried beans....

I LOVE how it works, I've also used it for mixing my homemade hot cocoa batches, which are big at Christmas time.

BUT, I've found a problem, water gets in around the handle and I had washed and dried it (or thought it was dry) and took it out of my TTA and started mixing my cocoa and noticed drops of water turning to clumps, and figured out what was happening, so that doesn't thrill me.

My handle end/grip comes right off now, so when I'm using it, I take it off, or seperate when washing and make SURE it's dry before using.

I've still got to call/email HO about that, guess I'll go do that now.

I frankly am disappointed in this doing this and am hoping all these new spring products don't do this.

Lisa

I made guacamole the other day and it was great

Love It! Great for mashing potatoes and leaving the 'lumps' in! Plus, you can use it to serve the potatoes too!

I've sold tons of these when telling people it works great for browning hamburger and getting it nice and crumbly!!

LOVE IT! I've used it for all the ways that have been mentioned plus I love it for mixing up batters that might be too thick for our SS Whisk. I was skeptical when it came out but it is now one of my new best friends.

I love it!! It is a lot more sturdy and useful than it appears!

I love mine...dh is happy that he get's his lumpy mashed potatoes again.

I just made a batch of banana muffins, and a batch of Pumpkin bread using it! It is THE BOMB for mashing the bananas, and perfect for mixing muffin & quick bread batters that you don't want to be over-stirred! It incorporated the dry with the wet ingredients perfectly!
I used it at my show Sat. to mix together and stir the Smashed Potato Soup I was making.....the Mix n Masher was my surprise favorite product from last season! (Thought it was silly when it was introduced at Nationals, but have since come to LOVE it!)

.....also great for sweet potatoes and squash! And I think someone mentioned Hot Cocoa mix.....I use mine EVERY day! I have to wash it by hand usually, because I don't have time for it to go into the dishwasher! Sounds like I need two, huh?:D

Lisa/ChefBear said:
I LOVE how it works, I've also used it for mixing my homemade hot cocoa batches, which are big at Christmas time.

BUT, I've found a problem, water gets in around the handle and I had washed and dried it (or thought it was dry) and took it out of my TTA and started mixing my cocoa and noticed drops of water turning to clumps, and figured out what was happening, so that doesn't thrill me.

My handle end/grip comes right off now, so when I'm using it, I take it off, or seperate when washing and make SURE it's dry before using.

I've still got to call/email HO about that, guess I'll go do that now.

I frankly am disappointed in this doing this and am hoping all these new spring products don't do this.

Lisa

Lisa,
Like I just posted, I use mine every day, and haven't had a problem with it! I think yours must be defective somehow - I'd get a replacement for it!

I love the versatility of this product also, especially for mashed potatos as my family likes them a little lumpy.

Also, this is Doris' favorite product from the F/W season. She laughed when it was introduced by the test kitchens and thought it would not work, and it became her favorite piece (learned this from the test kitchen employees on the HO tours as last year's conference).

My handle came off too. I thought it was suppose to. I better call HO
Thanks

Love it for mashing cauliflower!! Got that tip from a customer - she mashes cauliflower with a bit of parmesan -- yummmmm

I used it to mix the ingredients together for meatloaf. It was great! My mom always said to use my hands, but that's just too gross for me!

Diane

Love mine. Use it all the time. My family likes mashed potatoes with the skin left on. This is the first masher I've ever had that I didn't spend more time picking potato peel out of it than mashing my taters.

1. What is the best type of potato to use for mashed potatoes?

The best type of potato to use for mashed potatoes is a starchy potato such as Russet or Yukon Gold. These types of potatoes have a high starch content, which results in a fluffy and creamy texture when mashed.

2. How do I prevent my mashed potatoes from turning out lumpy?

To prevent lumpy mashed potatoes, make sure to thoroughly mash the potatoes while they are still hot. You can also use a potato ricer or food mill to ensure a smooth consistency. Additionally, adding warm milk and butter to the mashed potatoes can help prevent lumps.

3. Can I make mashed potatoes ahead of time?

Yes, you can make mashed potatoes ahead of time. You can prepare them up to two days in advance and store them in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, heat them up in the microwave or on the stovetop, stirring occasionally to prevent them from drying out.

4. Can I freeze leftover mashed potatoes?

Yes, you can freeze leftover mashed potatoes. Place them in an airtight container or freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to three months. When ready to eat, simply thaw in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.

5. Are there any alternatives to using milk in mashed potatoes?

Yes, you can use alternatives to milk in mashed potatoes. Some options include sour cream, cream cheese, Greek yogurt, or chicken or vegetable broth. These alternatives can add different flavors and textures to your mashed potatoes depending on your preference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMary412
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • stefani2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • Boomerjojo