• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Microwave Mashed Potatoes: Garlic, Sour Cream, and Cream Cheese Recipe

In summary, the conversation was about making mashed potatoes in the microwave. The person was considering using garlic, sour cream, or cream cheese, but wasn't sure how to make it in the baker. They asked if they should use water or milk, and when to add the additional ingredients. They were advised to search for rice cooker recipes for instructions. The person then shared their method of using red potatoes, garlic, milk, salt, and butter in the baker for 10 minutes, stirring and cooking for another 5 minutes. The milk boiled over, but the potatoes were still good after adding cream cheese and more salt. They mentioned finding a recipe in the rice cooker files to avoid the boiling over.
babywings76
Gold Member
How do I make mashed potatoes in the microwave? I was thinking of doing garlic mashed potatoes with sour cream or cream cheese, but have no idea really how to make it in the baker. Do I add water or use milk or both? Should I add the other things later or while it cooking? KWIM?

search for Rice Cooker recipes--you'll find instructions to make them in there. I've never made them in the DCB.

Well, here's what I did. They tasted really good. The only bad thing was that they boiled over in the microwave after a while...I used red potatoes, washed them and quartered them and put them in the baker. I peeled and cut into quarters 2 large cloves of garlic. Then I added milk that went up half-way on the potatoes. Then I put some of our salt from the grinder and added pats of butter scattered on top. I covered it and put it in the microwave for 10 minutes. They still weren't tender enough, so I stirred them around and cooked for another 5 minutes. When I opened the microwave I saw all this milk that had oozed out from under the lid and it was puddled on my turntable. Anyway, they were still not totally ready, but were tender enough to mash, so I just called it good. I added some cream cheese to it and mashed it all up. Added just a bit more salt. They were really good! So except for the boiling over part, I really like them and would make them again.

DebbieJ said:
search for Rice Cooker recipes--you'll find instructions to make them in there. I've never made them in the DCB.
I found a recipe in the rice cooker files, maybe using that would be how to avoid the boiling over part. ;)

Hi there! Making mashed potatoes in the microwave is actually very easy and convenient. Here's what you'll need to do:1. Start by washing and peeling your potatoes. Cut them into small chunks so they cook evenly.2. Place the potato chunks in a microwave-safe dish, such as our Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker.3. Add a small amount of water, just enough to cover the bottom of the dish. This will help steam the potatoes as they cook.4. Cover the dish with the lid and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.5. Once the potatoes are done cooking, drain any excess water and add in your desired ingredients, such as garlic, sour cream, or cream cheese.6. Use a potato masher or fork to mash the potatoes until they reach your desired consistency. If the potatoes seem dry, you can add a splash of milk to make them creamier.7. Microwave the mashed potatoes for an additional 1-2 minutes to heat them up and let the flavors meld together.I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

1. How do I make mashed potatoes in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB)?

To make mashed potatoes in the DCB, you will need to peel and cut your potatoes into small chunks. Place them in the DCB and add water until the potatoes are just barely covered. Microwave on high for 10-12 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Drain the water and mash the potatoes with your desired ingredients.

2. Can I use the DCB to make mashed sweet potatoes?

Yes, you can use the DCB to make mashed sweet potatoes. Follow the same instructions as you would for regular mashed potatoes, but adjust the cooking time as needed depending on the size and type of sweet potatoes.

3. Do I need to add any liquid when making mashed potatoes in the DCB?

Yes, you will need to add water to the DCB when making mashed potatoes. This helps to steam and cook the potatoes evenly. You can also use chicken or vegetable broth for added flavor.

4. Can I make mashed potatoes ahead of time in the DCB?

Yes, you can make mashed potatoes ahead of time in the DCB. After mashing the potatoes, cover the DCB with the lid and refrigerate for up to two days. When ready to reheat, microwave on high for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.

5. Can I add other ingredients, like garlic or cheese, to my mashed potatoes in the DCB?

Yes, you can add any desired ingredients to your mashed potatoes in the DCB. Simply mix them in after mashing the potatoes and adjust the cooking time as needed. You can also sprinkle cheese on top and broil in the oven for a few minutes for a cheesy mashed potato casserole.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lmradlein
Replies
Views
Staci
  • tpasto
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
zmom58