• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mandarin Pasta Salad - No Chicken?

I highly recommend trying it!ourse you made it without the chicken and it turned out great! if you make it, can you tell me how it turned out?
bridgetbakes
Has anyone made the Mandarin Pasta Salad WITHOUT the chicken? I am considering this salad as a side for dinner tomorrow but don't want to add chicken. (And wont be adding the almonds since I am allergic.)

Will this still taste good?

I have only had this with the chicken, but I'm sure it will still be good without it.

If you make it, please share how it turned out.:)

I think this will still be great. It's a fabulous recipe, in my opinion!!

Best of luck!!
Paula

I made it tonight without chicken, onions, or almonds. I think the sauce is alot of what makes it soooo good, so it's still good to go.

(Ok, I still slipped the onions in if you count the Onion soup mix.)

I made this and it came out great! Such a yummy recipe. My husband who doesn't really like peppers or onions still enjoyed it.

I look forward to making it with the chicken some time as a main dish!

I always make it with out the chicken and it comes out really good!;)

Can you share the recipe? I don't have that one.

Here you go! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!

Paula Lewis

MANDARIN PASTA SALAD

Dressing
1 teaspoon finely chopped, peeled, fresh gingerroot
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/3 cup rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
¼ cup orange juice
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 envelope Liptonâ Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix
2 teaspoons sugar

Salad
8 ounces uncooked bow-tie pasta
½ cucumber, scored, seeded and sliced
½ cup diced red bell pepper
½ cup coarsely chopped red onion
1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach leaves
1 can (11 ounces) mandarin orange segments, drained
2 cups diced, cooked chicken
½ cup sliced almonds, toasted

1. For dressing, finely chop gingerroot, using Food Chopper. In Small Batter Bowl, whisk gingerroot, garlic pressed with Garlic Press, vinegar, orange juice, vegetable oil, sesame oil, soup mix and sugar. Cover; refrigerate until ready to use.

2. For salad, cook pasta according to package directions in Professional (8-qt.) Stockpot; drain and rinse under cold running water. Place pasta in Simple Additionsä Large Bowl.

3. Meanwhile, score cucumber using Lemon Zester/Scorer; remove seeds using The Corerä. Slice cucumber, using Ultimate Slice & Grate; cut slices in half. Dice bell pepper, using Chef’s Knife. Coarsely chop onion, using Food Chopper. Add cucumber, bell pepper, onion, spinach, mandarin oranges, chicken and almonds to pasta. Pour dressing over salad and toss. Serve immediately.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 210, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 30 g
Carbohydrate 21 g, Protein 11 g, Sodium 210 mg, Fiber 2 g

****Source: The Pampered Chef Celebration Show recipes, spring/summer 2004****

After reading these posts yesterday, I decided to try this salad last night (with the chicken). Wow. This is a keeper! Thanks.

This was one of the theme show recipes a couple years ago. Quite tasty, and it can really show a lot of tools.

What are the ingredients in the "Mandarin Pasta Salad - No Chicken?"

The main ingredients in the "Mandarin Pasta Salad - No Chicken" are cooked pasta, mandarin oranges, sliced almonds, green onions, and a dressing made with honey, soy sauce, and sesame oil.

How do I make the dressing for the "Mandarin Pasta Salad - No Chicken?"

To make the dressing, simply mix together honey, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a bowl. You can adjust the ratios to your taste preferences.

Can I add chicken to the "Mandarin Pasta Salad - No Chicken?"

Yes, you can definitely add chicken to the salad if you prefer. Simply cook and chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces and add it to the salad before tossing with the dressing.

Is the "Mandarin Pasta Salad - No Chicken" suitable for vegetarians?

Yes, the salad does not contain any meat products and is suitable for vegetarians. However, please check the ingredient labels of the pasta and any other packaged ingredients you use to ensure they are also vegetarian-friendly.

How long will the "Mandarin Pasta Salad - No Chicken" keep in the fridge?

The salad will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. It is best to store the dressing separately and add it to the salad right before serving to prevent the ingredients from becoming soggy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cmdtrgd
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • Mama2bowbaby
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC