• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Managing Show Closures: Dealing with Unexpected Delays and Decisions

In summary, the host of a show that was held on 7/31 became very sick and needs surgery. The closing of the show has been put on hold indefinitely. The person wondering about the show closing is considering sending in the show and honoring the host benefits later, but is also thinking about giving her host appreciation benefits instead. There is a possibility for the host to receive a Mandoline for 60% off. It is recommended to close the show before the 15th so that the guests receive their products sooner. The host is not available to talk to due to her illness, so the decision will be made without her input.
finley1991
I did a show on 7/31. About 4 days later, the host became very sick. They thought it was food poisoning but it wasn't (not sure what it is). She was in the hospital twice last week and determined this morning she needs surgery. Needless to say, the closing of the show has been put on hold indefinitely.

Obviously I need to close by the 15th to get the specials in. Should I just send in the show and honor her host benefits later? It was a $300 show...

Thoughts?

Oy. I would close the show choosing her free items for her with the understanding that she can exchange them later. Do you know whether or not she wanted her half price and/or 60%off items?

It was a july show so it was the *more free product value* so no 60% off item. She does get the 1/2 price though. And in answer to your question... no... we didn't get that far.I am having my host appreciation later this month and was thinking of giving her the benefits of that as the *host* part as a swap... I'd have her show delivered to me and I'd drop things off at the customer's homes for them...

finley1991 said:
It was a july show so it was the *more free product value* so no 60% off item.

Yes, she can get the Mandoline for 60% off.

I agree that it's better to close the show. This way the guests receive their items sooner. I'd think HO would be more than understanding if the host wanted to change some of 'her selections' later.:)
leggy
aka kris

DebbieJ said:
Yes, she can get the Mandoline for 60% off.

Thanks Deb! I totally forgot about that!!!! So glad I posted here!

If you don't close it by the 15th it will have to be an August show. Is she not available to talk to at all or is it that you don't want to bug her? Can you talk to one of her friends? I think it's great of you to offer her the opportunity to swap at your host appreciation too.

pamperedlinda said:
If you don't close it by the 15th it will have to be an August show. Is she not available to talk to at all or is it that you don't want to bug her? Can you talk to one of her friends? I think it's great of you to offer her the opportunity to swap at your host appreciation too.

She co-hosted with her daughter... her daughter let me know this morning that the surgery is happening any day now. I don't feel right bugging them about it... it seems that she's pretty sick.

It's no problem for me to swap the host benefits... I really want her guests to have their products.

Related to Managing Show Closures: Dealing with Unexpected Delays and Decisions

1. What does "toClose or Not to Close" mean?

"toClose or Not to Close" is a phrase often used in the direct sales industry to refer to the decision of whether or not to ask for a sale or "close" a deal. In other words, it's the choice between actively selling a product or simply presenting it and allowing the customer to make their own decision.

2. How do I know when to close a sale?

There is no one right answer to this question, as it depends on the individual customer and their needs. However, some signs that it may be a good time to close a sale include the customer expressing interest, asking questions, or showing positive body language.

3. Is it always necessary to close a sale?

No, it is not always necessary to close a sale. In some cases, the customer may feel pressured or uncomfortable if you try to push for a sale. It's important to read the customer's cues and respect their decision if they are not ready to make a purchase.

4. What are some alternative ways to close a sale without being pushy?

Some alternative techniques to closing a sale include offering a limited-time discount or promotion, asking the customer if they would like to be added to a mailing list for future deals, or simply thanking them for their time and leaving the decision up to them.

5. How can I improve my closing skills?

Improving your closing skills takes practice and experience. Some tips for becoming a better closer include actively listening to the customer, building rapport and trust, and using effective communication techniques such as asking open-ended questions and addressing any objections the customer may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heather223
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
KellyRedHead
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies