• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Managing High Cholesterol: Zocor for LDL Reduction - Expert Update

In summary, Zocor is a prescription medication that belongs to a class of drugs called statins. It works by lowering the levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol in the blood, which can help reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke. The recommended dosage is usually once a day, preferably in the evening, and it is important to take it at the same time each day for best results. Like any medication, it may cause side effects in some people, but these can be managed by discussing any concerns with a doctor. Zocor is most effective when combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise, and it may take varying amounts of time to see results. It is important to continue taking the medication as prescribed and follow up with a doctor
crissy11
Gold Member
Got back from the appt. He isn't as concerned with the count being 210 as he is with my LDL being 136 when the cutoff is 100. He wants me to go on Zocor to reduce it. He said that even with diet and exercise it wouldn't bring it down enough to where it needs to be.
I don't know.

Look at it this way. It's at 210, it may have been there awhile or not for long. It's your decision so ask him if you can try 3 months of diet and exercise and re-test. If there isn't enough change then consider something.How does he know diet and exercise won't reduce it...that's dependent on each person...Marketing, sheer marketing. Do what YOU feel is right. If you want to diet and try that, do it, then consider the meds and if they are appropriate for you. They may be. But make it your decision.

Google High Cholesterol, and avoid the sites sponsered by drug companies - you will find lots of help and info on how to lower your # without drugs. Despite what the medical mafia may say, it is possible to lower your # without drugs!

Sounds to me like he's on the take from Merck and the more Zocor he sells for them, the bigger boat he can buy next Summer.I'd get a second opinion after I told him I'm not taking Zocor.Oatmeal, red rice yeast, exercise. Check it again in 90 - 120 days.

I'm on Lovostatin. It has no side effects that I'm aware of and it's $4 a month so I'm happy.One or the other will help ... both is best!

Related to Managing High Cholesterol: Zocor for LDL Reduction - Expert Update

1. What is Zocor and how does it help manage high cholesterol?

Zocor is a prescription medication that belongs to a class of drugs called statins. It works by lowering the levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol in the blood, which can help reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke.

2. How often should I take Zocor for it to be effective?

The recommended dosage for Zocor is usually once a day, preferably in the evening. It is important to take it at the same time each day for best results. Your doctor may adjust the dosage depending on your cholesterol levels and overall health.

3. Are there any potential side effects of taking Zocor?

Like any medication, Zocor may cause side effects in some people. The most common side effects include headache, muscle pain, and nausea. Rare but serious side effects may include liver damage and muscle breakdown. It is important to discuss any concerns with your doctor.

4. Can I still eat my favorite foods while taking Zocor?

Zocor is most effective when combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise. While you can still enjoy your favorite foods in moderation, it is important to limit foods high in saturated and trans fats, which can increase cholesterol levels.

5. How long will it take to see results from taking Zocor?

The amount of time it takes to see results from Zocor can vary from person to person. Some individuals may see a decrease in their LDL cholesterol levels within a few weeks, while others may take longer. It is important to continue taking the medication as prescribed and follow up with your doctor regularly to monitor progress.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
twinchefs
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
twinchefs
  • legacypc46
  • General Chat
Replies