• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Managing Expenses with Pampered Chef: Dealing with Insufficient Funds

In summary, you should transfer funds into a checking account to cover the discrepancy, and then try to borrow money from someone else if you don't have the funds. If that doesn't work, you should call the Solution Center and let them know.
SillyChef
Okay. So I just received a show, and I know that Pampered Chef is going to debt my account. BUT the problem is --- I don't have enough in there to cover the expense since a few checks came back. :mad: What do I do? I really don't want to get into trouble or have my debt card taken away from me for that?!?!!! Do I call the Solution Center and let them know? Has anyone had this happen before?

HO gives you a couple of days before they debit your account. The first time if there is no funds, they will try again within a couple of days, still no funds in your account you will get a phone call from HO telling you that you need to send in a money order or a cashier's check. They will hold any commissions until that money is available.

Once that happens, getting back in their good graces with the debit card is like pulling teeth without Novacaine. Get on the people who bounced checks on you...what do you think Kroger would do to them for the same thing?In the mean time, transfer funds into TPC checking account to cover the discrepancy. If you don't have the funds, borrow them from someone - trust me, don't mess with the HO finance people.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Once that happens, getting back in their good graces with the debit card is like pulling teeth without Novacaine. Get on the people who bounced checks on you...what do you think Kroger would do to them for the same thing?

In the mean time, transfer funds into TPC checking account to cover the discrepancy. If you don't have the funds, borrow them from someone - trust me, don't mess with the HO finance people.

DITTO this plus give HO a heads up. I haven't had this happen, but I imagine if you let them know before they try the requisite number of times to run your card it seems like they would be able to work with you.

Run run run as fast as you can! Don't let them catch you Gingerbread Man!!

(Sorry I haven't had more than 4 hours sleep the last few nights. I'm running on fumes at this point-and they're running low)

I had this happen to me due to a problem w/my bank (I've changed banks since).

I had to send in a Money Order to cover the show. Then I switched accounts and gave H.O. the new info.

They were very nice and didn't give me any problems. If I remember right, they do send a letter which is a little "to the point." I can understand, they don't want to be out their money. When I called they were very nice.

They won't be able to stop the deduction from you account - but maybe they can at least note it so they know you are aware of the situation already.

Everyone else is right - you get about a week before they deduct the money. Maybe you still have time to collect it. Try taking the bounced checks directly to the bank of the guests to cash them. That way they can check the account right away for the funds. Maybe the money is there now. Sometimes people think they have a few days to get the money in their account, but many are done electronically now.

Last edited:
I like credit cards. Better than money, easy transaction, TPC pays the discount, and if there's a collection problem, it's not my problem.

Definitely get on the folks who gave you rubber checks. And get them for the bounced check fees that your bank charges you. Those will definitely add up and can cause other transactions you initiate to bounce, which will in turn create more fees.

I have also noticed with my account that the host gets the products before they even take the money out of my account. Wierd, I would think they would debt my account before they even shipped the products.

It's the way of business...cash flow always revolves around a certain amount of float time. TPC's Acct's Receivable Dept gives you about a week before they debit your account to allow you to close the show and get all the checks to clear.Of course, this game is much easier to play when you have millions and millions of dollars floating around your checking account...a lot more difficult to do if you only have a couple of hundred bucks.

Related to Managing Expenses with Pampered Chef: Dealing with Insufficient Funds

1. How do I handle insufficient funds when placing an order with Pampered Chef?

First, we recommend checking your account balance before placing an order. If you do not have enough funds to cover the order, you can either cancel the order or reach out to your consultant to make alternative payment arrangements.

2. What happens if my payment method is declined due to insufficient funds?

If your payment method is declined, we will send an email notification with instructions on how to update your payment information. Your consultant will also be notified and may reach out to you to discuss alternative payment options.

3. Can I still earn Host Rewards or Consultant Commissions if my payment method is declined due to insufficient funds?

No, unfortunately, if your payment method is declined, you will not be eligible to earn Host Rewards or Consultant Commissions on the order. We recommend ensuring sufficient funds are available before placing an order to avoid this issue.

4. Will I be charged any additional fees if my payment method is declined due to insufficient funds?

No, you will not be charged any additional fees. However, if you choose to make alternative payment arrangements with your consultant, they may require an additional fee for processing the payment.

5. Can I use a different payment method to cover insufficient funds for an order I have already placed?

Yes, you can contact your consultant and make alternative payment arrangements to cover the insufficient funds. However, please note that this may affect your eligibility for Host Rewards or Consultant Commissions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
feefee04
  • sk8rgrrl99
  • General Chat
Replies