• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making the Most of My Craft Show: Lessons Learned!

In summary, the author had a lot of fun and was nervous before the show, but the turnout was low. She invited 45 people and made about $420 in sales. She is hoping to increase the sales with her next show.
flame_chick
I had fun, and only got nervous right before I started talking. BUT I had hardly any show up.. I invited 45 people.. I got about $420 in sales, and I am wanting to bump it up, but the deadline is creeping up soon.. like today.. My mom, my brother, my sister-in-law, my husbands aunt, and my bosses wife.. 1 co worker ordered a large round stone, and my aunt placed an order outside the show.. I did have fun, so I can't wait to do my next show, I have 3 shows booked for Sept so far, and hoping another..
I am trying to hit up my dad... but he is single, so I dinno what he'd used since he eats out alot.. any suggestions?

Way to go!~!

Excellent job!You did great! I haven't had my first show yet (9/9) so I'm nervous from all of the waiting. One of the 2 people who have actually RSVP'd is much like your father and doesn't cook for herself. There's a file on here somewhere called "I don't cook" (search the "files" area) with all kinds of suggestions, some of which are really funny. :D

can you point me to the "I don't cook"

See if your dad will order the large round stone and then the rack to go with. Great for heating up those takeout leftovers & frozen pizzas :D

My dad LOVES the Large round stone - because it makes frozen pizza taste like "real" pizza! (his words) -
What sold me on the round stone was that I can reheat Applebee's French Fries (a love teetering on obsession for me!) and they taste just like they do at the restaurant!

darn, the link wouldnt open..

That is a great 1st show. I barely made $150 with my 1st show and only then because my mother gave me a list and said "order as needed to bring any shows up to qualifying". I felt so pathetic.

Related to Making the Most of My Craft Show: Lessons Learned!

1. What are some tips for setting up an attractive booth at a craft show?

When setting up your booth, it's important to create an inviting and visually appealing display. Use tablecloths, banners, and signage to make your booth stand out. Group similar products together and use levels to add dimension. Don't overcrowd your booth, leave enough space for customers to move around comfortably. And make sure to have good lighting to highlight your products.

2. How can I effectively promote my products at a craft show?

There are a few different ways to promote your products at a craft show. Utilize social media to advertise your participation in the show and showcase your products. Offer special discounts or promotions for customers who come to your booth. Have business cards or flyers available for customers to take with them. And don't forget to engage with customers and tell them about your products and their features.

3. What are some common mistakes to avoid at a craft show?

One common mistake is not having enough inventory. Make sure to bring plenty of products to sell, as you don't want to run out halfway through the show. Another mistake is not having a clear pricing strategy. Make sure all of your products are clearly marked with prices to avoid confusion. It's also important to have a way to accept different forms of payment, such as cash, credit cards, or mobile payments.

4. How can I make my booth interactive and engaging for customers?

One way to make your booth interactive is to offer product demonstrations or samples. This gives customers a chance to try out your products and see their value firsthand. You can also have a prize wheel or raffle for customers to participate in. Another idea is to have a crafting station or DIY area where customers can make something using your products.

5. What should I do after the craft show to follow up with potential customers?

Following up with potential customers is crucial for maximizing the success of a craft show. Make sure to collect their contact information, such as email addresses or phone numbers. Send out a thank you email or message after the show, and include any promotions or special offers for future purchases. You can also add them to your mailing list to keep them updated on new products and upcoming shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchef88
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • Jillb
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
AmyDare
  • crissy11