• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Make Ahead: Garden Pizza or Chicken Salad?

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant seeking advice on which recipe to make ahead of time and which one to do as an interactive demonstration for a host's show. The consultant is wondering if they should make both recipes or just one, and the group discusses the best approach. Some suggest doing only one recipe, while others recommend using the opportunity to showcase more expensive tools. The group ultimately suggests doing the salad as the interactive demonstration, as it is an easy and popular recipe that showcases the mandoline.
ChefClairissa
I need some advice. I have a host who would like to have the three cheese garden pizza and the chicken grapefruit and avocado salad done at her show. I told her that I would come ahead of time and make one and that we would do the other as an interactive show. Im wondering which one to make ahead of time. The garden pizza tastes better just out of the oven... but the salad shows more of the new products. Which one would you do as the interactive? Thanks!:chef:

ChefClairissa said:
I need some advice. I have a host who would like to have the three cheese garden pizza and the chicken grapefruit and avocado salad done at her show. I told her that I would come ahead of time and make one and that we would do the other as an interactive show. Im wondering which one to make ahead of time. The garden pizza tastes better just out of the oven... but the salad shows more of the new products. Which one would you do as the interactive? Thanks!:chef:

Is she having a ton of people?

Is it your goal to do two recipes at every show?

I strongly suggest only doing one recipe -- if you're new just tell her that you are trying to figure out the best way to handle your business and you've been advised to only prepare one recipe.

To decide which one to make? I like to make simple recipes that show lots of expensive tools.

I guess I should have mentioned that she is a very good friend and the prep time will be what we normally do (drink wine and talk). I do make it a point to do just one recipie at each show, but for us, its a reason to get together.

ChefClairissa said:
I guess I should have mentioned that she is a very good friend and the prep time will be what we normally do (drink wine and talk). I do make it a point to do just one recipie at each show, but for us, its a reason to get together.

Okay, that makes sense. . .unless her guests assume that you'll do the same for them at the shows they book. That's where you need to be careful of painting yourself into a corner. Of course, you can tell them that your friend made the other recipe for them to sample. They could do that (prepare an additional PChef recipe) at their own show.

Last edited:
Bumping :)

Bumping again :)

You could always do the pizza and then show off a few other tools with a couple potatoes. I've never made or ate either of them so I have no clue!

If you want it to be really easy, I'd recommend doing the salad as the demo, and look at the step-by-step instructions for it. It IS, after all, one of our interactive recipes, so to speak, with it all written out for us; that is, step by step as to what to do ahead of time, etc.

As for the pizza, it is also an excellent recipe. I would recommend, make it ahead of time, and time it so it is done right at the first 15 minutes after your show starts. The stoneware will keep it nice and hot while you finish your demo, and the guests will, no doubt, be excited by the aromas!!

Good luck to you!!

Paula

I've done both for demos, and I highly recommend the salad, esp. for interactive shows. I love doing any recipe that shows the Mandoline, and with the interactive format you can really teach people how to use it before they buy it so they're not afraid of it.The salad is also REALLY yummy!

cathyskitchen said:
I've done both for demos, and I highly recommend the salad, esp. for interactive shows. I love doing any recipe that shows the Mandoline, and with the interactive format you can really teach people how to use it before they buy it so they're not afraid of it.

The salad is also REALLY yummy!

Don't you also use the mandoline for the Pizza?

ChefBeckyD said:
Don't you also use the mandoline for the Pizza?

:blushing: I haven't made it in a while - maybe you do?

1. How far in advance can I make the garden pizza or chicken salad?

The garden pizza or chicken salad can be made up to 24 hours in advance. Simply store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

2. Can I freeze the garden pizza or chicken salad?

No, unfortunately these recipes are not suitable for freezing. The texture and taste may be affected when thawed.

3. Can I use any type of crust for the garden pizza?

Absolutely! You can use your favorite type of crust for the garden pizza, whether it's pre-made, homemade, or a gluten-free option. Just make sure to follow the baking instructions accordingly.

4. How long will the leftovers of the garden pizza or chicken salad last?

The leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Be sure to keep them in an airtight container to maintain freshness.

5. Can I add additional toppings to the garden pizza or chicken salad?

Of course! Feel free to get creative and add your favorite toppings to the garden pizza or chicken salad. Some popular options include sliced olives, diced bell peppers, or shredded cheese.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jla8279
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
1PamperedMommy
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76