• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Made a Great New Trifle Tonight!

In summary, Carolyn made a chicken dish with yellow rice in her large dessert bowl, then added a trifle consisting of angel food cake, small tub of light cool whip, small container of "cream cheese fruit dip", container of strawberries, and sugar. Lastly, she added cubes of strawberry cake and strawberries to the mixture and topped it off with light cool whip and a strawberry.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
My son's class had a potluck dinner tonight -- so I made this chicken w/yellow rice dish and served it in my lg dots SA bowl.

Then the trifle...I wanted to save $$ and use some stuff I had on hand...so here's what I did:

1 angel food cake from bakery ($2.69)
1 small tub lite cool whip
1 small container "cream cheese fruit dip" from produce dept
1 container strawberries
sugar
1T strawberry preserves

Cube cake
Mix preserves with fruit dip. Add 2-3 heaping spoons of cool whip and fold together
Slice strawberries and toss with 3-4T of sugar...let sit for a while til the sugar dissolves and creates a syrup.
Layer 1/2 the cake cubes...then 1/2 the strawberries & syrup, then all of the fruit dip/preserves/coolwhip mixture...more cake, more strawberries - and top with cool whip and a fanned strawberry.

It was a HUGE hit and I may have sold a Trifle Bowl!!

Sounds great

Got a picture

A picture is worth a . . . . (I am not sure what it does mean when it comes to food)

~

.....a thousand bites?

My son's teacher took a pic - if she emails it to me I will post it.

Sounds wonderful Carolyn!

Yummo!!! Glad it turned out for you!

I'm liking the idea of only making a "2 layer" trifle....mine are usually 4 layers, and much more tedious than if it was just 1/2 and 1/2!! :)

Ymmm, that sounds good with the fruit dip layer!! I've been doing my May HWC-strawberry trifle with white cake, strawberry pudding and Coolwhip and fresh berries and it's been a huge hit (and I grew to love it too)! I still have to try the SB Cheesecake trfile too!

I made the cappuccino mouse trifle last night, and I ate too much. I couldn't get to sleep for hours! I finally took a Xanax and slept for 3 hours before getting up for church. Haven't dropped yet, but I'm waiting for my eyes to fall shut...zzzzzzz

sounds good! I love the cream cheese fruit dip.

What is a trifle?

A trifle is a layered dessert typically made with cake, fruit, and custard or whipped cream. It is often served in a clear glass bowl or dish, allowing the layers to be visible.

What ingredients do I need to make a trifle?

The exact ingredients may vary depending on the recipe, but a basic trifle typically includes cake (such as pound cake or angel food cake), fruit (such as berries or canned fruit), custard or pudding, and whipped cream. Some recipes may also call for additional ingredients like liqueur or chocolate.

Can I make a trifle ahead of time?

Yes, trifle can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve. This can actually improve the flavor as the layers have time to meld together. However, if using fresh fruit, it is best to assemble the trifle no more than a few hours before serving to prevent the fruit from becoming soggy.

What type of bowl should I use to make a trifle?

A clear glass bowl or dish is the traditional choice for making a trifle, as it allows the layers to be visible. However, any large bowl or dish can be used as long as it is deep enough to hold all the layers.

Can I customize my trifle with different flavors?

Absolutely! Trifle is a versatile dessert and can be customized with different cake flavors, fruit, and fillings. You can even experiment with different types of cookies, brownies, or other baked goods as the base layer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • DebPC