• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lost Brunch Recipe: Hashbrowns & Eggs Casserole

In summary, to make the Hashbrowns & Eggs Casserole, you will need frozen hash browns, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, shredded cheese, eggs, milk, melted butter, green onions, salt, and pepper. To make the casserole, mix together the hash browns, soup, sour cream, cheese, butter, onions, salt, and pepper in a bowl. In a separate bowl, beat eggs and milk together and then mix into the hash brown mixture. Spread the mixture in a greased baking dish and bake for 45-50 minutes. You can make this casserole ahead of time and make substitutions like using cream of mushroom soup or different types of cheese. You can also freeze
lockhartkitchen
Several years back there was a brunch dish that used a full package of hashbrown patties as a base for eggs. It looks like a casserole. I thought it was in a season's best, but it might be before 2006, because it wasn't in any that are posted on HO website. Anyone have this recipe?

Found it. Ham and cheese brunch squares.

lockhartkitchen said:
Several years back there was a brunch dish that used a full package of hashbrown patties as a base for eggs. It looks like a casserole. I thought it was in a season's best, but it might be before 2006, because it wasn't in any that are posted on HO website. Anyone have this recipe?
Do you mean the ham & cheese brunch squares? That uses a package of hashbrown patties for the crust. It's in the S/S 2010 season's best. I just checked to make sure.It's also listed under Theme Shows for Real Food Real Fast - so you can see a picture to see if that's what you're looking for.

I just made the ham & cheese brunch squares yesterday for a brunch show, they were a HUGE hit, and super easy and yummy!

Hi there! I remember that brunch dish you're talking about and it was definitely a fan favorite. I believe it was called the "Hashbrown Egg Bake" and it was featured in the Fall/Winter 2005 Season's Best. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be available on the HO website anymore. However, I do have a copy of the recipe and I would be happy to share it with you. Just let me know if you'd like me to send it over. Happy cooking!

What ingredients do I need to make the Hashbrowns & Eggs Casserole?

To make the Hashbrowns & Eggs Casserole, you will need:

• 1 package (30 oz) frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
  • 1 can (10.5 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 6 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onions
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper

How do I make the Hashbrowns & Eggs Casserole?

Follow these steps to make the Hashbrowns & Eggs Casserole:

1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together hash browns, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, shredded cheese, melted butter, green onions, salt, and pepper.
  3. In a separate small bowl, beat eggs and milk together. Pour into the hash brown mixture and stir to combine.
  4. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and spread evenly.
  5. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the casserole is golden brown and the eggs are set.
  6. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.

Can I make this casserole ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Hashbrowns & Eggs Casserole ahead of time. Prepare the casserole as directed, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight. When ready to bake, remove the plastic wrap and bake as directed. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time if the casserole is cold from the fridge.

Can I substitute any ingredients in the Hashbrowns & Eggs Casserole?

Yes, you can make some substitutions in this recipe. You can use cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of chicken soup, or substitute shredded mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese for the cheddar cheese. You can also add in other ingredients like diced ham, bacon, or vegetables to make it your own.

Can I freeze the Hashbrowns & Eggs Casserole?

Yes, you can freeze the Hashbrowns & Eggs Casserole before or after baking. To freeze before baking, prepare the casserole as directed and cover with plastic wrap and foil. When ready to bake, remove from the freezer and let thaw in the fridge overnight. Bake as directed. To freeze after baking, let the casserole cool completely and wrap tightly with plastic wrap and foil. When ready to eat, remove from the freezer and let thaw in the fridge overnight. Reheat in the oven or microwave until warmed through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • mminikus
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefmerry
  • aPamperedBride
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies