• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Mediterranean Style Appetizers

or a bit less. You can also put this on a bed of fresh spinach leaves. I use a store bought variety of pita chips or veggie trays.
nikked
Gold Member
Hello, All!

Our daughter, Mary (whom many of you have prayed for over the years), is getting married :love: at the end of September, in a small & intimate wedding at my mom's house.

We are serving appetizers only, and the menu has kind of naturally morphed into being of Mediterranean flare.

We are looking for more recipes to think about. We will be doing the Greek Torta, Tapas, a Mediterranean salad, the Phyllo Dough wrapped Asparagas w/Aioli.

We are looking at doing some sort of lamb meatballs with a yogurt sauce, but have yet to find the recipe that "speaks" to us.

I would also like to do some sort of lentil dish (I think TPC had a Lentil salad that I used to make and love...looking for it).

Any thoughts, suggestions? Thanks so much!

Found the Morrocan Lentil Salad!

there is a Mediterranean pizza recipe on consultants corner that is great!

would have posted it but CC is updating now-

Thanks, will look at it later!

Lamb recipe - Kifta. This can be done with either ground lamb or even ground beef.
1 lb ground beef or lamb
4 to 6 garlic cloves, pressed
1/2 medium white onion
1/4 cup packed FLAT leaf parsley - do not use anything but flat leaf

I put the onion, garlic and parsley in a food processor as you want this mixture to be as fine as possible. Put the meat in bowl and add the mushed up veggies. Mix well adding a touch of salt and pepper.

To taste test, take a small portion and cook it in a skillet. The prominent flavors of the parsley, onion and garlic will shine through the meat. This way you can decide if you need more or less flavors including salt and pepper.
You diminish the flavors of the onion, garlic and parsley by adding more meat of course.

Form the meatballs and grill them for the best flavor.

I use 2 cups of unflavored Greek Yogurt, 1/2 cup seeded Seedless or English Cucumber, 2 gloves of garlic, pressed and 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice to make a Tadzhik or Cucumber sauce.

Finely shred then lightly chop those shreds of cucumber until they are the consistency you like. Fine or a little chunky is just fine. Place the cucumber in a cotton towel and twist the day lights out of it to remove as much liquid as possible. Add it to the yogurt in the Classic Batter bowl. Add the pressed garlic and lemon juice. Mix and allow to stand in the fridge for an hour or more. Taste it to see if it needs more garlic, cucumber or lemon.

Thank you so much, John...this looks what I've been searching for! Knew my Cheffer pals would come to the rescue and save us a bunch of time!

I know it seems like a lot of garlic and onion but they are really good. Plus that amount of onion adds a ton of liquid to a very dry lamb meat. That's why it works.
And that too though is why I recommend trying the recipe and adjusting it to your taste. The first time I made these, I used the original measurements of 8 garlic cloves and a whole medium onion and well, I could not speak to anyone for a week! Not matter how much toothpaste or Scope I used, I felt like I had onion breath! Keep in mind that these are a soft meatball which makes them fall apart very easily. Make sure they are cooked to well done. You can bake them too and the size of course will determine the time. Now, the other thing is this, they are normally shaped into what I call torpedoes. About 3/4" in diameter and about 3" long. they are placed on bamboo skewers and grilled. I find this too much and they love to fall off the skewers when you try to turn them! Meatballs works best and I do grill them on a sprayed Grill Basket or Tray. That way I can lightly roll them around to grill more than just one side. You would grill onion wedges and tomato wedges to go with them. Just a little oil and salt on those. One other thing. These are not considered Mediterranean but are Middle Eastern. However, so many of the flavors and the methods overlap that it should be OK. Plus they really are yummy!

Last edited:
what about clear glass bowls of assorted olives

spanikopita (Sams has delicious frozen ones)
hummus and pita chips or veggie tray
figs
tapenades

Great idea, hummus! You serve hummus on a round plate. Spread it 1/2" thick to about an 1" of the edge. Lightly drizzle extra virgin olive oil over it. I then sprinkle Moroccan Rub over it. I sell a lot of Moroccan Rub because of that recipe. For a 12" plate, use 1/2 pound hummus, 2 tablespoons olive oil and yes, one tablespoon of the rub. It is awesome!

John, your hummus sounds WONDERFUL...and thanks for the site Nancy...will check it out tomorrow! Theresa, the spanikopita sounds wonderful...is the Sam's club individually rolled or a casserole style?

Thanks everyone!

JOHN! I'm making your recipe for meatballs tonight for my Fall Preview Party! A couple changes I'm making - bread crumbs and an egg in the meatballs and also adding some Feta and few kalamata olives. So they'll be a Greek Tapanade version of the meatballs! I hope everyone loves them - if I don't eat them all myself! Hahahaha!

google souvlaki (you can use pork or chicken) -awesome! and Greek salad, it is basically tomato, onion and cucumber all cut up with oil raspberry vinegarette and a little salt and pepper. Serve with feta.

Becky - that sounds really good! I have only made them twice so I have not experimented with the recipe at all and I do not like lamb either so... I do know the type of meat makes a difference on the cooking as well as how well they hold their shape. the drier lamb is more conducive of course as that was the original meat. You know, I should try ground sirloin as that is much drier than even ground chuck. And all those flavors you are adding should be MMMMM!
Gonna try that! I have a gathering to go to, pot luck of course, over Labor Day weekend and want to bring something different. I think I found it! Let us know how it goes Becky! And thanks!

pampered1224 said:
Becky - that sounds really good! I have only made them twice so I have not experimented with the recipe at all and I do not like lamb either so... I do know the type of meat makes a difference on the cooking as well as how well they hold their shape. the drier lamb is more conducive of course as that was the original meat. You know, I should try ground sirloin as that is much drier than even ground chuck. And all those flavors you are adding should be MMMMM!
Gonna try that! I have a gathering to go to, pot luck of course, over Labor Day weekend and want to bring something different. I think I found it! Let us know how it goes Becky! And thanks!

I made a double batch and used half lean ground beef and half ground turkey.

They were a SMASH HIT! Everyone loved them - no leftovers! I believe I'm going to be making them a lot this fall! A Taste Of Greece Appetizer Party! I didn't even get to try them, they were all gone so quickly!

OOOO I am glad to hear it. I just found out we have a family get together and I think I may, I have to find out from my aunt how much space she has in the oven or if I can bring a crock, full of those. I will make sure though that I get some! Did you have any issues with them falling apart or did the binders you put in, egg and bread crumbs, do the trick?

pampered1224 said:
OOOO I am glad to hear it. I just found out we have a family get together and I think I may, I have to find out from my aunt how much space she has in the oven or if I can bring a crock, full of those. I will make sure though that I get some! Did you have any issues with them falling apart or did the binders you put in, egg and bread crumbs, do the trick?

The binders worked great - They smelled heavenly. I'm going to have to make a batch just for me. :) Thanks for the recipe, John!:thumbup::love:

1. What are some easy Mediterranean style appetizers?

Some easy Mediterranean style appetizers include hummus and pita bread, stuffed grape leaves, bruschetta, and tzatziki with veggies for dipping.

2. Can I make Mediterranean style appetizers ahead of time?

Yes, many Mediterranean style appetizers can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve. This makes them perfect for entertaining or bringing to a party.

3. Are there any vegetarian or vegan options for Mediterranean style appetizers?

Yes, there are many delicious vegetarian and vegan options for Mediterranean style appetizers. Some examples include falafel, tabbouleh, and roasted eggplant dip.

4. What ingredients are commonly used in Mediterranean style appetizers?

Common ingredients in Mediterranean style appetizers include olive oil, garlic, lemon, feta cheese, olives, and fresh herbs like parsley and oregano. These ingredients add flavor and freshness to the dishes.

5. Can I use store-bought ingredients to make Mediterranean style appetizers?

Yes, there are many store-bought options available for Mediterranean style appetizers such as pre-made hummus, pita bread, and marinated olives. These can save time and still result in delicious appetizers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cwinter474
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
cwinter474
  • chefkathy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • dannyzmom