• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Longing for the Old Jericho: Has the Show Lost Its Intensity?

In summary, Some fans of the show Jericho were disappointed with the new season, feeling that it lacked the intensity of the previous one. Others were still curious to see where the show would go and were excited for the new mysteries to be revealed. It was also mentioned that the new flag in the show seemed strange and that some fans were sad to see certain characters killed off. However, there is still anticipation for the upcoming episodes and what they will bring. It was also mentioned that there may not be any more seasons of the show after this one.
ChefJoyJ
Any Jericho fans out there in cheffer-land? My DH and I got sooo hooked last season and were quite upset to find out it had been canceled. Needless to say, we were happy when the campaign to resurrect it worked and we were just ready for it to be back on. After we found out the date, we were eagerly awaiting the show (hooray for new TV that's not reality!! :)), but after we saw the episode - we were quite disappointed. It lacked some of the intensity of the last season...the show just didn't feel the same to either of us. Any other Jericho fans feel that way?

I am a fan, but have not watched it, yet. Hopefully I'll have some quiet time tomorrow.

ChefJoyJ said:
Any Jericho fans out there in cheffer-land? My DH and I got sooo hooked last season and were quite upset to find out it had been canceled. Needless to say, we were happy when the campaign to resurrect it worked and we were just ready for it to be back on. After we found out the date, we were eagerly awaiting the show (hooray for new TV that's not reality!! :)), but after we saw the episode - we were quite disappointed. It lacked some of the intensity of the last season...the show just didn't feel the same to either of us. Any other Jericho fans feel that way?

Yes, I loved the show last year and was so excited to see it back! I only watched half last night (I will finish it up tonight), but I was thinking the same thing as you, but was hoping it would get better in the second half. I didn't like how so many things are back to "normal" - power, someone already working with Stanley on the financials of his farm, etc. It almost seemed "too pat". But then again, I only saw half...

kam said:
Yes, I loved the show last year and was so excited to see it back! I only watched half last night (I will finish it up tonight), but I was thinking the same thing as you, but was hoping it would get better in the second half. I didn't like how so many things are back to "normal" - power, someone already working with Stanley on the financials of his farm, etc. It almost seemed "too pat". But then again, I only saw half...

I agree about the too pat comment...that's exactly what I was thinking (but couldn't find the words!) I think they're treating this like it's not going to be picked up again. They did start to add some new drama at the end of the show, but it just didn't feel the same. Even the film looked different (washed out somehow). Maybe my sights were set too high...and the next one will get better!

The new flag is weird and would totally bother me if I were a citizen in the country after the attacks. I lovemy American flag and if we were attacked like that, I'd want it flying again, KWIM?

I was just curious what everyone else thought...

Yes, I thought the same thing about the flag! It was weird! It was also strange that they (new gov't) was so quick to change it. Maybe that's where the drama will be headed...

Regardless, I will stick with it for the 7 episodes this season! (Can't wait to watch the other half tonight!)

Me too - definitely curious where it goes! Let me know what you think after you watch the rest tonight... I don't want to ruin any surprises! :)

It's my understanding that it won't be picked up. This was just a way to tie up lose ends and give an actual ending. Could be wrong, though.

Rae - I thought that it was brought back with the understanding that if it didn't draw more viewers, that was it...but if it did well, then there would be more seasons. Like you said, I could be wrong...

That's entirely possible. Either way, it's nice to have an idea of what happened to whom.

Exactly! Instead of left up in the air with the battle raging...

Have to admit, though, I was really ticked when they killed off Gerald McRaney's character (the former mayor). I love that guy.

I watched the 2nd half last night. And I guess I see where they are going to direct the show - more to the mystery of the new gov't and who did this.

Though I was enjoying the "roughing it" period. But I guess maybe people would have gotten tired of that.

I still enjoyed the show and I can't wait for next week.

chefjoyj said:
Rae - I thought that it was brought back with the understanding that if it didn't draw more viewers, that was it...but if it did well, then there would be more seasons. Like you said, I could be wrong...

Yes, I was under the impression that if it did well then it would be picked up. But if not, then they would atleast have some sort of "ending" for the show after these 7 epsiodes.

Related to Longing for the Old Jericho: Has the Show Lost Its Intensity?

1. What is "Longing for the Old Jericho" about?

"Longing for the Old Jericho" is a popular television show that follows the lives of a small town community as they struggle to survive after a devastating nuclear attack on the United States.

2. Has the show lost its intensity over the seasons?

Some viewers may argue that the show has lost its intensity over the seasons, but others believe that it has maintained its level of suspense and drama. It ultimately depends on personal opinion and interpretation of the show's plot and characters.

3. Are there any new characters introduced in the latest season?

Yes, there are a few new characters introduced in the latest season. These new characters bring new storylines and conflicts to the show, adding a fresh dynamic to the overall plot.

4. Is the show's storyline still relevant to current events?

Many viewers believe that the show's storyline is still relevant to current events, particularly in terms of government and societal issues. The show's creators have also stated that they draw inspiration from real-life events to create their fictional world.

5. Will there be another season of "Longing for the Old Jericho"?

At this time, there are no plans for another season of "Longing for the Old Jericho." However, there have been rumors of a potential revival or spin-off in the future. We will have to wait and see what the creators have in store for the show's future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenniferlynne
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
letscook04
  • NooraK
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • gailz2