• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lisa's Latest DVD: Disappointing and Toned Down

In summary, I think Lisa may have been tired from conference and that may have affected her presentation.
NooraK
Gold Member
I finally got around to watching the new season DVD last night, and I have to say I ended up feeling disappointed. I know Lisa can be overly exaggerated in her excitement, to the point that it's a bit silly, but gosh darn it that's just how she is. This year's DVD just wasn't the same! She was very informative, but she just didn't seem the same, like she had toned it down.

I even had to go find a previous season DVD (I found S/S 2010), and even asked DH to watch a short clip of each to see if I was imagining it, and he agreed with me.

I think I may have to write HO...

Noticed that, too.

actually I was glad she was more business like-

It was crazy with snow white that one year-

she got to the point with out the unnecessary fluff

I was glad to see it be business like. We're supposed to walk away having remembered all the details about the products, not how cornie/embarrassing Lisa was!

Noora, I noticed it too. On the video, sure present it professionally. I missed the fun drama of past reveals at conference. I guess I like corny.

I also noticed conference was much more business oriented. When times are tough with this economy, time to buckle down to business

PCJenni said:
I also noticed conference was much more business oriented. When times are tough with this economy, time to buckle down to business

But this is supposed to my FUN job! I get plenty of boring business presentations at my 9-5. Sure, she's corny and even bordering on annoying, but I always felt that the time they put into making it fun shows how much they care about us Consultants.

now you all have made me curious, I just popped in the DVD :)

I haven't watched it yet but in the past I've been annoyed at how awful her acting skills were on the videos. When I first saw her I wondered why they didn't hire someone who could do a better presentation on camera. Funny how we all look at something differently.They may have asked her to tone it down, but what if she's just out of energy due to something personal in her life like an illness, injury or death in the family? Complaining on her might be rubbing salt in her wound. ;)

Sheila said:
I haven't watched it yet but in the past I've been annoyed at how awful her acting skills were on the videos. When I first saw her I wondered why they didn't hire someone who could do a better presentation on camera. Funny how we all look at something differently.

They may have asked her to tone it down, but what if she's just out of energy due to something personal in her life like an illness, injury or death in the family? Complaining on her might be rubbing salt in her wound. ;)

This was my thought too. I'd give it a season.

The point was she was supposed to be corny. It was her schtick and she was loved for it. It was good entertainment at conference. As far as the video I agree it should be more professional. The silliness loses a lot on tape (oops dated myself). I think HO is going for more professional and I think they wanted that segment to be shorter at conference so there'd be more time for things like the parade. As far as Lisa going through something in her personal life, she could be but she is too professional to let it show that way. They would have had someone helping her.It's sad. When Doris and her daughter were part of it all they made it fun and now they're going for more sophisticated. It's all about who's making the decisions not on who's presenting the info.

Silly and fun at Conference makes sense. I'd rather have FUN at conference, than sit and be bored...even if it is more "business-like". Who said business like has to be stiff and boring??? The excitement with 6000+ people makes it more interesting.On the videos though, yes, more business-like makes more sense. The silliness is lost on Video, especially to those who have never been to conference and seen it live.I haven't watched the DVD yet. Maybe she's just tired in general. After years of doing it, you sometimes get burnt out with coming up with new ways to do the same things.

Sheila said:
They may have asked her to tone it down, but what if she's just out of energy due to something personal in her life like an illness, injury or death in the family? Complaining on her might be rubbing salt in her wound. ;)

I still think it would be appropriate to voice my opinion. Home Office may not realize how much we do enjoy the fun of it all. I can see why a video should/could be more professional, but on the other hand it's a way for me to be in on a bit of the fun when I can't go to conference.

NooraK said:
I still think it would be appropriate to voice my opinion. Home Office may not realize how much we do enjoy the fun of it all. I can see why a video should/could be more professional, but on the other hand it's a way for me to be in on a bit of the fun when I can't go to conference.

I agree! If they don't hear how we feel they can't fix it.

What is included in Lisa's Latest DVD?

The DVD includes a variety of recipes and cooking techniques demonstrated by Pampered Chef consultant, Lisa. It also includes bonus content such as kitchen organization tips and product demonstrations.

Is the DVD suitable for beginners?

Yes, Lisa's Latest DVD is suitable for all levels of cooking experience. It includes step-by-step instructions and helpful tips for those who are new to cooking.

How long is the DVD?

The total run time of Lisa's Latest DVD is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Are the recipes in the DVD healthy?

The recipes in Lisa's Latest DVD focus on using fresh, whole ingredients and include options for those with dietary restrictions, making them a healthier choice for your meals.

Can I purchase the DVD online?

Yes, the DVD can be purchased on the Pampered Chef website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. It is also available for streaming on select online platforms.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kimcooks4u
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
I Have the Tools
  • MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • esavvymom