• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lifetime Guarantee on Discontinued Items?

In summary, the lifetime guarantee for the Professional cookware is still honored, but the Gen II on the outlet does not have a warranty.
AmyR
How is HO handling the lifetime guarantee for the Professional cookware? Will the guarantee still be honored even when it is discontinued?

Yes, HO will keep enough on had to cover the warranty. I also thought I heard that they will give "credit" for a similar item if something happens to be completely out. Might want to check on that last part though.

Yes, the above is correct. However, the Gen II on the outlet has NO warranty.

janetupnorth said:
Yes, the above is correct.

However, the Gen II on the outlet has NO warranty.
Gen II had a 2 year warranty and they waited for that time to pass before putting it on the outlet. I would be surprised if they put the Professional on the outlet any time soon.

BethCooks4U said:
Gen II had a 2 year warranty and they waited for that time to pass before putting it on the outlet. I would be surprised if they put the Professional on the outlet any time soon.

I would be very surprised too. Unless they determine returns were very low and the cost to carry inventory would be greater than upgrading someone to Executive on a replacement.

BethCooks4U said:

It had a 2 year warranty when it was in the catalog. If someone orders it off the outlet, it is only guaranteed to get to them in good condition.

cmdtrgd said:
It had a 2 year warranty when it was in the catalog. If someone orders it off the outlet, it is only guaranteed to get to them in good condition.
Yeah, that's what we were saying ...well in other words.

Janet had just said that there was no warranty with the Gen II on the outlet and I said they waited till those sold out of the book were out of warranty before putting them on the outlet.

Related to Lifetime Guarantee on Discontinued Items?

1. What does the lifetime guarantee on discontinued items cover?

The lifetime guarantee on discontinued items covers any defects in materials or workmanship for the lifetime of the product. This guarantee applies to discontinued items only and does not cover regular wear and tear or damage caused by misuse.

2. How do I make a claim for a discontinued item with a lifetime guarantee?

To make a claim for a discontinued item with a lifetime guarantee, please contact our customer service team with your proof of purchase and a description of the defect. Our team will assist you with the next steps, which may include a replacement or refund.

3. Can I still make a claim for a discontinued item if I no longer have my proof of purchase?

Unfortunately, we require a proof of purchase in order to process a claim for a discontinued item with a lifetime guarantee. This helps us verify the authenticity of the product and ensure a smooth resolution for our customers.

4. Are all discontinued items covered by a lifetime guarantee?

No, only select discontinued items are covered by a lifetime guarantee. This guarantee is not applicable to all discontinued products, so please check the product details or packaging for information on the warranty coverage.

5. Is the lifetime guarantee transferable if I give or sell my discontinued item to someone else?

The lifetime guarantee on discontinued items is non-transferable and only applies to the original purchaser. This means that if you give or sell the item to someone else, the guarantee will no longer be valid for the new owner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melindagilbert
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
melindagilbert
  • Becca_in_MD
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
MLinAZ
  • chefmelody