• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Leak Proof Glass Container- 3 Cup

In summary, because of the rough edge on the side of the glass, it might be a defect in the manufacturing process.
darlinclem
Gold Member
I just got my SAT items and they included the 3 Cup Leak Proof Glass Container. One of the side edges on the glass part feels a bit rough. Looking at it closely it almost seems like it had bitty chips or a flake. It doesn't feel sharp but it doesn't feel smooth. Anyone else have this? I am wondering if it is a defect or manufacturer thing (where it released from the mold). Need to decided if I need to call in an adjustment.

darlinclem said:
I just got my SAT items and they included the 3 Cup Leak Proof Glass Container. One of the side edges on the glass part feels a bit rough. Looking at it closely it almost seems like it had bitty chips or a flake. It doesn't feel sharp but it doesn't feel smooth. Anyone else have this? I am wondering if it is a defect or manufacturer thing (where it released from the mold). Need to decided if I need to call in an adjustment.

I would send it back if it doesn't feel right. If the next one is the same, then you know.

if you noticed it surely a guest probably will and will think is this really worth the money to spend to buy these or are they going to be the same way. I would be doing an adjustment for sure. :)

darlinclem said:

Mine leaked, I called HO & they are sending me a return sticker & then I'll get a new one. Call them....:D

FYI--I ran my hand over the bottom of mine where the logo is and got small bits of glass on my finger tip. Didn't go in my finger but didn't feel the best either. Haven't had a chance to check my other ones yet.

My containers had the rough bottom but wiping them with a cloth cleaned that up. My 5.25 container arrived with a small crack in the bottom. I couldnt do the adjustment on line but I called and they are sending me a new one.

Just got my new one today and its fine! No leaking at all....:D

I haven't had any leftovers yet to try it with, but The Furry Guy looked it over and said, "Well, we'll be replacing most of our storage things with these."

raebates said:
I haven't had any leftovers yet to try it with, but The Furry Guy looked it over and said, "Well, we'll be replacing most of our storage things with these."

Because he LIKES them, or he just knows you'll be buying them! That latter is what my DH would be implying... :cool:

I would, if I could get them ALL at 50%...but I won't be buying them even with my current discount. Maybe when I have a better one, or KE month. We'll see.

It was because he really liked them. Though, I can see where the second would be appropriate. LOL!

I came home from Conference so excited about these. I have been wanting them for a long time. My husband took one look at the picture and agreed that we would have to have them and the Tupperware (most of if) will be going away. The best part, he just found a job after having been laid off in March with a big pay raise! Now I can afford to buy them.

lt1jane said:
I came home from Conference so excited about these. I have been wanting them for a long time. My husband took one look at the picture and agreed that we would have to have them and the Tupperware (most of if) will be going away. The best part, he just found a job after having been laid off in March with a big pay raise! Now I can afford to buy them.

About a year ago, I started to rid my kitchen of all plastic storage. The prep bowls really helped with that (YEA for the 3 cup size now too!) and I also started buying glass-lock containers. I LOVE them. I have them in all shapes and sizes - square, rectangle, round. As far as I can tell, after comparing them side by side, the ones that PC has are the exact same containers. It's great that PC is selling them, and distinguishing themselves from the plastic storage people. Many people, like myself, don't use plastic storage, and won't reheat in plastic either.

ChefBeckyD I completely agree with you. I haven't seen the new PC containers, but I have the glass lock-containers and love them. Lots of my customers have been asking for glass storage containers. My only concern about the PC containers is the price - if they are the same as the ones I have I'm concerned people pass because they can purchase them for cheaper.

vmgcooks said:
ChefBeckyD I completely agree with you. I haven't seen the new PC containers, but I have the glass lock-containers and love them. Lots of my customers have been asking for glass storage containers. My only concern about the PC containers is the price - if they are the same as the ones I have I'm concerned people pass because they can purchase them for cheaper.

That is my concern also. I get my glass-lock containers at Costco with several in a set for under $30.

vmgcooks said:

All the more reason to HOST and get them for free!!

Brenda.the.chef said:
All the more reason to HOST and get them for free!!

That's So True!

Related to Leak Proof Glass Container- 3 Cup

1. What are the dimensions of the Leak Proof Glass Container- 3 Cup?

The container measures 4.5 inches in length, 4.5 inches in width, and 2.75 inches in height.

2. Is the container safe to use in the microwave?

Yes, the Leak Proof Glass Container- 3 Cup is microwave safe. However, please make sure to remove the lid before microwaving.

3. How many cups can the container hold?

The container has a capacity of 3 cups, or 24 ounces.

4. Can the container be used in the oven?

No, the Leak Proof Glass Container- 3 Cup is not oven safe. It is recommended for use in the microwave, refrigerator, and freezer.

5. Is the container dishwasher safe?

Yes, the container is dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to place it on the top rack for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC