• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Laundry Mishap: Husband's Ink Pen Ruins Wardrobe - Time for a Shopping Spree!

In summary, the husband forget to take his black ink pen out of his pocket and spilled black ink all over clothes that he was going to take to conference. Lisa tried several suggestions to get the ink out, but none of them worked. She decided to try using Oxi Clean and it worked. Now she is going shopping with the husband.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
He's so wonderful & helpful around the house, although I'm not sure that he will be much longer. Yesterday/Today, he did a load of his jeans through the dryer. He forgot/didn't realize that he had a black ink pen in one of the pockets. Today, I did a load of light clothes (basically everything that the kids' & I had worn for the past week). Yep, you guessed it, black ink all over everything. The bad part (and WHY are you posting in conference?) is that I had almost all of the clothes that I was going to take to conference with me in that load! He did tell me that if it doesn't come out in the wash after soaking (any suggestions?) that I get to go shopping & buy a brand spanking new wardrobe for me & the kids! :) He felt so horrible & was almost in tears. I told him that it'd be ok! Heck, why wouldn't I love to go shopping? :) Gosh, I love him!

Oxi-Clean Oxi Clean and more Oxi Clean!!

That's what I would suggest.

That's a ALWAYS have on hand in this house with 3 kiddos!!

Lisa

Awww, that's really sweet of him that he was so torn up. And he practically pushed you out the door to go buy a new wardrobe!! Poor guy! He must feel REALLY badly!:(

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Oxi-Clean Oxi Clean and more Oxi Clean!!

That's what I would suggest.

That's a ALWAYS have on hand in this house with 3 kiddos!!

Lisa

I'm gonna try my Spray & Wash Pink first. If that doesn't work, I'll definitely try the Oxi Clean! We've got 3 little ones here, too & always keep both on hand. He (dh) doesn't hold out much hope though. He said it looks really baked on. :(

pamperedbecky said:
Awww, that's really sweet of him that he was so torn up. And he practically pushed you out the door to go buy a new wardrobe!! Poor guy! He must feel REALLY badly!:(

He does feel really bad. I told him not to worry about it, just clothes! :)

Hairspray will take ink out of clothing. There is this stuff called goo gone that works also. It should at least salvage some of it. I have learned the hard way to take the extra time to check pockets.:D

Once the clothes have gone thru the dryer the stains are permanently set in. Looks like you're going shopping - have fun!!

Well, look at it this way, at least he was trying to do laundry! I would probably have a heart attack if my hubby did laundry:) Hey, if it's his idea to go shoppin, I'd take him up on it!

Poor HusbandTry using De-Solv-it. This is found at Walmart. Don't use any other kind of pre treatment spray. It has in it citrus oils vitamin E Aloe Vera and organic wetting agents. Contains no water.:) :)

Go to Lowe's or Home Depot pick up a cleaner called Krud Kutter. This is a miracle cleaner, it may take 2 treatments but it will get the ink out even though the clothes have been through the dryer.

This cleaner is the best it even gets rid of red wine, mustard and paint!!

i have used krud kutter for cleaning but never laundry..t.hanks for the tip...i love it and highly recommend it!! works great for tubs and stoves

What about coffee spilled on a carpet. I have never been able to get that out and I've tried several things. Any suggestions?

These are some great suggestions. MY suggestion is try them on the kids clothes THEN go shopping for you!! :)

Related to Laundry Mishap: Husband's Ink Pen Ruins Wardrobe - Time for a Shopping Spree!

What is "My Poor Husband..."?

"My Poor Husband..." is a popular recipe series from Pampered Chef that focuses on easy and delicious meals that are perfect for busy families.

Are the recipes in "My Poor Husband..." difficult to make?

No, the recipes in "My Poor Husband..." are specifically designed to be quick and easy to make, perfect for busy families and individuals on-the-go.

Can I find all the ingredients for "My Poor Husband..." recipes at my local grocery store?

Yes, all the ingredients for "My Poor Husband..." recipes can be found at most grocery stores. They are simple and common ingredients that are easy to find.

Do I need any special kitchen tools or equipment to make "My Poor Husband..." recipes?

No, the recipes in "My Poor Husband..." are designed to be made with basic kitchen tools and equipment that most people already have in their kitchens. However, having some basic Pampered Chef products, such as our knives or cookware, may make the cooking process even easier.

Are there any vegetarian or vegan options in "My Poor Husband..." recipes?

Yes, there are many vegetarian and vegan options in "My Poor Husband..." recipes. Our goal is to provide a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary preferences and restrictions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AJPratt
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • colegrovet
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg