• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Last Minute Open House: Ideas for a Successful Event with Cash n Carry Items

In summary, in the past month, the host has put together 2 shows but neither were successful. The first month, she had 1 show and the second month she had 1 show but no bookings yet for this summer. She is waiting for 2 people to get back to her but has not heard from them. She is considering a drawing for a product or gift certificate.
missiemom
This is my first thread so please bear with me. My son's baseball tournament was canceled for this weekend & our town is having a village wide rummage sale. So last night I decided to throw together a last minute open house with some items as cash n carry. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas to help me make this a sucess? This is my third month and it's not looking to good. My first month was awesome, the second month I only had 1 show & so far I have nothing booked for this summer. I am waiting for 2 people to get back to me about a show. My director is awesome she's supplying me with her stuff for cash n carry, but I am not sure how that will work. Do I just give her the money I make on her items or do I reorder her items with whatever I have to order? HELP!!!!

missiemom said:
I am waiting for 2 people to get back to me about a show.

It's not their job to call you back. It's YOUR job to follow up with them!

Get on the phone, girl!

As for the cash n carry, it's kind of up to her. If it's stuff she's trying to get rid of, she'll probably just want the cash. That doesn't help you a ton and it is nice to be able to replace them to increase your order. Good luck and definitely keep following up with people b/c they aren't thinking of you all the time. PC is your job and on your mind, but it's a fun thing to them and not high priority.Put out a drawing for a product or gift certificate (I saw on here recently...$10. Turn into $20 free at your show). That way you get new contacts.

be aware, however, that people who are shopping at a rummage sale are probably looking for a bargain and won't buy cash 'n' carry unless it's marked down a lot. But if you talk up the "get free stuff" aspect of hosting, you may get several bookings.

I have been leaving messages for those 2 people but I don't want to be too pushy & call them more than once a week. I was planning on doing a thing that if they book June or July they'd receive an extra $20 free at their show. Also considering a drawing for the extra Trifle Bowl I have. Right now I'm printing up sheets for Theme Show Ideas to have hanging up.

Some people LOVE buying PC right on the spot though vs having to order and wait, especially if they can avoid s/h & tax. I've had people buy MY products that I've used b/c they just DID NOT order things. She spent about $100!! I told her that they'd have to be full price since I'd have to replace them. Of course, this was at a booth. I haven't done anything with rummage sales since my last one was when I FIRST signed up, but plan to do it next weekend. Oh...and people love gift packages. So putting a few things together with a slight discount go fast.

I like the idea of putting a few things together but I don't have much backstock or giveaway stuff. All I really have are Season's Best & TwixIt! clips. I guess I'll have to see what my Director all has for me when I stop after school. Thanks!

What are some quick and easy appetizers to serve at a Last Minute Open House?

Some great options for quick appetizers at a Last Minute Open House are:
- Mini quiches or tarts made with pre-made pie crust
- Bruschetta with toppings such as tomatoes, basil, and balsamic glaze
- Meat and cheese platters with crackers
- Vegetables and dip
- Mini meatballs or chicken skewers
- Chips and salsa or guacamole

How can I make my Last Minute Open House feel more festive?

To add some festive touches to your Last Minute Open House, try:
- Using seasonal decorations such as fall leaves or winter pinecones
- Hanging string lights or lanterns
- Setting out scented candles or potpourri
- Playing holiday music in the background
- Offering a signature cocktail or mocktail
- Providing small party favors or gift bags for guests

What are some popular Cash n Carry items for a Last Minute Open House?

Some popular Cash n Carry items to have at a Last Minute Open House are:
- Kitchen gadgets such as spatulas, measuring cups, and peelers
- Seasonings and spices
- Baking mixes or ingredients
- Serving platters or dishes
- Cookbooks or recipe cards
- Drinkware or bar accessories
- Gift sets or bundles

How can I promote my Last Minute Open House to attract more guests?

To attract more guests to your Last Minute Open House, try:
- Posting on social media and creating a Facebook event
- Sending out e-vites or emails to friends and family
- Asking current customers to spread the word
- Advertising in local community groups or newsletters
- Offering a special discount or promotion for attending the event
- Collaborating with other local businesses or vendors to cross-promote

What are some tips for setting up a successful Cash n Carry display at a Last Minute Open House?

To create a successful Cash n Carry display at your Last Minute Open House, consider:
- Organizing items by category or theme
- Using attractive and eye-catching displays, such as tiered trays or baskets
- Offering samples or demonstrations of products
- Providing clear pricing and descriptions for each item
- Having a variety of price points to appeal to different budgets
- Making it easy for guests to purchase items with a designated payment area
- Re-stocking and tidying up the display throughout the event

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views