• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kohl's Food Network Tri-Ply Ss 10 Pampered Chef. $300

The cookware has a tri-ply bonded stainless steel construction with an aluminum core. The aluminum core helps to heat the food evenly. The flared rims prevent messy drips while pouring, and the exclusive DuPont nonstick coating provides flawless food release and scratch-resistance. The glass lids allow constant monitoring without heat loss, and the solid stainless steel handles ensure a confident grip. The 10-piece set includes: 9 1/2-in. skillet, 11-in. sauté pan, 1 1/2-qt. covered saucepan, 3-qt. covered saucepan, 5-qt. covered sauteuse & 8-qt. covered stockpot. The oven safe up to 500°F
JAE
Does anyone know anything about the SS cookware on the front of Kohl's advertisement this week? It's a 10 pc. set with tri-ply and a lifetime guarentee. It says "three-layer bonded construction for even heating. Rooled edges for drop-free pouring. Dishwasher-safe. Plus get a free "Food Network Favorites" cookbook with the purchase of this set. I wouldn't buy it because I wouldn't trust it, but it does have a lifetime warrantee and it's less expensive for more pieces. What do you think? What would you say to customers who bring it up?

No comment? Are you all as blocked as I am?

I guess I would have to see it to make the comparison......don't know the weight, or what the lids or handles are like.....etc......and also - It says lifetime warranty, but often they have a ton of limitations etc.....I would like to compare it to ours.

Who is the manufacturer?

Oh, I was at Kohls this morning. I didn't look at cookware, but I did get a cute picture frame!

hmmm.... the info on the website has some interesting points (my comments in blue):
  • Tri-ply bonded stainless steel construction with an aluminum core heats food evenly.
  • Flared rims prevent messy drips while pouring.
  • Exclusive DuPont® nonstick coating provides flawless food release and scratch-resistance. (So the SS looks pretty on the outside, but there's none of the benefit of SS on the inside. And which nonstick coating is it? Probably not top of the line.)
  • Glass lids allow constant monitoring without heat loss.
  • Solid stainless steel handles ensure a confident grip. (The handles don't look long enough to stay cool. And the hollow portion of ours is designed to keep them cool, too.)
  • Details:
    • 10-piece set
    • Set includes: 9 1/2-in. skillet, 11-in. sauté pan, 1 1/2-qt. covered saucepan, 3-qt. covered saucepan, 5-qt. covered sauteuse & 8-qt. covered stockpot
    • Oven safe up to 500°F
    • Dishwasher safe (How can this be? Nonstick isn't supposed to go in the dishwasher.)
    • Manufacturer's lifetime limited warranty
    • Model no. 30382

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/kitchendining/brandsforkitchendining/foodnetwork/bakewarecookware/PRD~256063/Food+Network+10pc+TriPly+Stainless+Steel+Cookware+Set.jsp#

Thing is that that pictures of it on the Kohls website doesn't look like it has a nonstick coating.

Yes, I don't think it has non-stick coating from looking at the pictures. And, I think Ann is right about the length of the handles.

Looking closer at the pic, it looks like only the 11" saute has the nonstick coating. Their description is confusing.

I wouldn't trust a retail store like Kohl's enough to purchase cookware from them, but the average cookware customer I think would buy from Kohl's. If I get a chance, I'll go and check it out in person.

I got that sales flyer last week and started thinking how I would be able to do damage control. The best answer I could come up with? Service! If a customer has a problem with a piece of the cookware, what are they going to do? Call the manufacturer, and hope that they have kept all the required receipts and such. I immediately thought of the rebate programs that you often get with computers and such. Often times it just feel like the hassle is worth it, and I'm sure the average consumer will not keep all the required proof of purchase. Now, granted some of our customers don't keep their receipts either, but more often than not, we are able to help them.

I just got a Bed Bath & Beyond catty today and it has a 13piece calphalon tri-ply SS for $399!! Just and FYI

I too saw the Kohl's ad yesterday. They also have a pizza cuttere and there was something else that looked very similar to ours. I was most concerned with the stainless, but, I will just tell you---true cooks who want stainless are probably not going to buy 'Food Network' brand. Anyone who wants a quality item is going to seek it out, whether from us, All Clad or one of the others. I am 100% sure our quality is better, and am also 100% sure that our customer service is better.....let someone try to return one of those pieces for a replacement!!

I also saw the Bed Bath & Beyond advertisement. I didn't look very close at it. And, yes, Lamar, I agree with you. I think it would be very hard to return those pans to Kohl's.

I actually was going to talk about this as well. I saw it last week since I get mailings early for having a Kohls CC. I'm curious - does the aluminum core only cover the bottom or go up the sides?

I also recieved a flyer from Target w/nothing buy all kinds of cookware in it. The good news is Cookware must be a hot seller right now. We just need to get to sell to the consumer first! Let's keep working!

I was out last night at the shopping center with my Kohl's, so I stopped in to take a look at the set in question. It is nowhere near as heavy as ours - at least based on the 8" Saute Pan (since that's all I've got of the SS). And the handles aren't as long or as nice. The inside of the pan looks like it's lightly textured to release foods, as ours is.

Thanks, Ann. I don't get to Kohl's very often. I pass my cookware around at the shows, so hopefully people will remember the difference.

Well, if you look at the handles on the FN set, you'll see they're not good at all. They're short, plus they're U-shaped. The shape is exactly what I dislike about All-Clad's handles. The edges can feel pretty sharp as they dig into your hands. To their credit, at least All-Clad's handles are long.BTW, I've been agonizing over cookware choices myself. See, I don't mind buying what's best (for me, at least), even if it's not PC. So, for nonstick cookware, I bought a few PC pieces, but mostly Calphalon One. When it came to SS, I knew I wanted tri-ply, but couldn't decide between All-Clad, Calphalon Tri-Ply, Calphalon Contemporary, Cuisinart MultiClad, and KitchenAid -- and then our SS came out. I finally decided on our line (ordered 7-piece as a host special and 5-piece as a half-price item, and will earn the 12" skillet through Pan-O-Rama -- anything else I earn in the future will be given as gifts).A guy I know who works for a major kitchen store and whose wife sells PC (so he's "tested" everything) told me that our SS line is on par with Calphalon and the others, but All-Clad is still better, performance-wise. However, it's also at least twice as expensive (and I'm really not fond of those handles!). After playing around with all the others, I've decided I like the quality and value of our SS cookware best. I'll most likely supplement my collection with a few All-Clad pieces (large saute pans and sauciers that other manufacturers don't make), but for now, I think I'll be pretty happy with my purchase. :)

1. What is the price of the Kohl's Food Network Tri-Ply Ss 10 Pampered Chef?

The price for this product is $300.

2. Is this product only available at Kohl's?

Yes, this particular model is exclusive to Kohl's and cannot be found at any other retailer.

3. Can this pan be used on all types of stovetops?

Yes, the tri-ply stainless steel construction of this pan makes it suitable for use on all types of stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction.

4. Is this pan dishwasher safe?

Yes, this pan is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

5. Does this pan come with a warranty?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products, including the Kohl's Food Network Tri-Ply Ss 10 pan, come with a warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. Please refer to the specific terms and conditions for more details.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
missydivine
  • Ginger428
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
chefann
  • dannyzmom