• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kitchen Diva Update: Kacey's Hospital Stay and Possible Appendix Removal

In summary, Kacey's MDs office is attached to the hospital, she has a CT scan scheduled for 2:20pm, and the MDs that are working on her case feel that it is very possible that she has an appendix. They are waiting to hear back from the lab before making a decision. Kacey is resting comfortably and is keeping her spirits high. Katie, thanks for the update.
katie0128
Silver Member
Kacey just called me and here is the scoop...

She is at her MD's office - which is attached to the hospital - resting in a recliner and reading people magazine for now. Her DH is with her, although he doesn't get a comfy recliner.:rolleyes: She will have a CT at 2:20p and the MD's RN said she is almost certain Kacey will be admitted. The MDs that are working with her case feel that is it very possibly her appendix even though her white cell count was normal.

So, now we just sit and wait with Kacey and lift her up in prayers. When I hear more news, I'll let y'all know!

Kacey girl you better heal and get better!! Prayers coming your way!!

katie0128 said:
Kacey just called me and here is the scoop...

She is at her MD's office - which is attached to the hospital - resting in a recliner and reading people magazine for now. Her DH is with her, although he doesn't get a comfy recliner.:rolleyes: She will have a CT at 2:20p and the MD's RN said she is almost certain Kacey will be admitted. The MDs that are working with her case feel that is it very possibly her appendix even though her white cell count was normal.

So, now we just sit and wait with Kacey and lift her up in prayers. When I hear more news, I'll let y'all know!

Send her our love, prayers and best wishes - oh and some hugs too!

Thanks for the update Katie - I just signed on to check and see - Give her my best and tell her SISTA 5 has her in my thoughts!!!!

Katie~

Thanks for updating us!!
I will keep her in my prayers (well, I already was doing that...but I will do it more!!)

BTW- I didn't ignore your email to me, just been busy this morning!!

Thanks Katie for the update! I hope they find and take care of the problem soon!!!!

P.S. I'm still betting on her appendix too...although internal issues can be quite complex.

Thanks for the update!

Thanks for letting us know...I'll be thinking of her today.

Praying for Kacey!

Kacey, praying for you keep positive thoughts

Goodness! Let her know were are praying for her and please keep us updated!

Wow... well if it were not over an hour drive I would go supprise her with a nice plant or something...oh wait doesn't she kill plants?

Anyway... it's just a bit too far to drive?

I hope all goes well!

Let her know we are all thinking about her.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Thanks for the update. Prayers, good vibes and hugs going her way!

Prayers coming her way!!

etteluap70PC said:
Wow... well if it were not over an hour drive I would go supprise her with a nice plant or something...oh wait doesn't she kill plants?

Anyway... it's just a bit too far to drive?

I hope all goes well!

Send her an air fern :) Thanks for the update Katie. I've been thinking about her all day. At least she has a recliner. Most dr office chairs are not so nice :)

That may not be good enough. I've killed three air ferns. The Furry Guy handles all plants now.

raebates said:
That may not be good enough. I've killed three air ferns. The Furry Guy handles all plants now.

Rae, how do you kill something that is already dead? You are worse than me. I kill plants by looking at them :) I inherited that talent from my mom. When we went away to college she finally gave up and bought silk plants. When I came home one weekend I told her she needed to paint the edges of the leaves brown so I would feel like I was really home. (She didn't laugh:p)

I mentioned the air fern because Kacey's comment on them in another thread had me rolling on the floor!

Please tell her I send my love and am lifting her up before Jesus!

GeorgiaPeach said:
Send her an air fern :) Thanks for the update Katie. I've been thinking about her all day. At least she has a recliner. Most dr office chairs are not so nice :)

He-he - we had that same discussion on her other thread...

Katie, thanks for the update. Keep us posted.

I've been thinking about her all day -- glad she is in good hands & hopefully will get some answers soon.Thanks for posting the update & pass all our prayers along to Kacey please :)

Hugs and prayers are comin' your way Kacey!!! :angel:

Prayers going her way. Thank you for keeping us posted.

Okay guys, here is my update.

The CT scan showed a healthy, happy, normal appendix, female parts and gallbladder. They are simply stumped. They checked for a bladder infection and a UTI- but those tests came back negative.

The doctor asked if I wanted some pain killers, and I said no-the pain wasn't pain killer intense... so he said he'd be more than happy to admit me and let them poke and prod- but he really felt that they would just pump me with pain meds, and let me wait it out- which I can do at home for a lot less, AND my jello tastes better.

So they have NO answers what so ever... the pain is still there- so is the fever. The only good news is that at least I didn't have to have surgery and I don't have to take those horse pills any more! :)

Thanks so much for the prayers and concern guys! It means a lot to me... I'm home now and am going to eat some supper and chill out...

Kacey, leave it to you to find yet another way to drive men crazy :)

I am so glad you are home, and will continue to pray for your health. BE CAREFUL, take care of yourself and keep us posted.

Carol

well, I am glad you are home and resting.....keep an eye on your temp and REST!!!!!

Got the book today! Thanks!

Kacey I am so glad you don't have to have surgery, so what are you to do now just wait and see if anything changes? I hope you feel better soon.

Glad you're home; take care & get some rest!

cwinter474 said:
Kacey, leave it to you to find yet another way to drive men crazy :)

I am so glad you are home, and will continue to pray for your health. BE CAREFUL, take care of yourself and keep us posted.

Carol

My Momma always said to find something and do it better than anyone else... LOL- actually she never said that and gets upset when I tell people that she said that. I told her that she never said anything inspirational to me (since she spent most of my childhood sleeping) and most moms say something inspirational that their kids remember, so I had to make mine up. :) LOL

Almighty Lord, you are our Great Physician. Please place your healing hand on our sister, Kacey. I pray for complete healing and cessation of pain. And, Lord, we'll take that whatever way you want to give it--through a doctor (please give them wisdom), through medication (please make them work quickly and effectively), or through supernatural healing. Thank you, Lord.

Chef Michelle D said:
Kacey I am so glad you don't have to have surgery, so what are you to do now just wait and see if anything changes? I hope you feel better soon.

Yes, that's the game plan. My doctor is on call all weekend, and even gave me his home # if I need to call him. :) So I'm off to sit on the couch and wait for that sugar free pizza to come for supper, then I have about 23 Good Eats episodes to catch up on in my little TiVo.

I'll be checking back on and off throughout the night.

Thanks again guys for all your prayers. I'm just tired and slightly frustrated but I'll fine. :)

Kasey, I am glad you are doing better!
Have they checked you out for colitis or Chrons?
It sounds like you are going thru some of the things I have been thru.

Hang in there girly!

etteluap70PC said:
Kasey, I am glad you are doing better!
Have they checked you out for colitis or Chrons?
It sounds like you are going thru some of the things I have been thru.

Hang in there girly!

yes, it isn't that, either. :)

raebates said:
Almighty Lord, you are our Great Physician. Please place your healing hand on our sister, Kacey. I pray for complete healing and cessation of pain. And, Lord, we'll take that whatever way you want to give it--through a doctor (please give them wisdom), through medication (please make them work quickly and effectively), or through supernatural healing. Thank you, Lord.

Awww, Momma Rae- that was so sweet! I'll Amen that one!!! :)

Kasey, I am glad you are doing better!:)

Hmm...I still wouldn't put it past a leaking appendix...keep us posted...
Of course, I STILL haven't booked that room at the Holiday Inn Express for tonight.

janetupnorth said:
Hmm...

I still wouldn't put it past a leaking appendix...keep us posted...

Of course, I STILL haven't booked that room at the Holiday Inn Express for tonight.

Did I share the story about Holiday Inn & Jean Jonas?????

janetupnorth said:
Hmm...

I still wouldn't put it past a leaking appendix...keep us posted...

Okay at first I thought I got it, but I don't think I do- what do you mean about the Holiday Inn Express?

Oh- there was no presence of fluid on the CT scan or on the ultrasound...

it is a commercial from a few years back....a guy jumps in to act like a doctor and starts barking orders and someone says "thanks, Doc". He replies "I am not a doctor, but I DID stay at a Holiday Inn last night!"

We are supposed to believe that a good nights rest can make you feel able to do anything!

HMMPPPHHH! what some people won't do for attention. Guess she just wanted new friends to play with her tonight but we know they wouldn't be as witty and charming as what she had last nightseriously, glad you are home take care i'm off to Bunco soon.

Kitchen Diva said:
Okay at first I thought I got it, but I don't think I do- what do you mean about the Holiday Inn Express?

Oh- there was no presence of fluid on the CT scan or on the ultrasound...

You know...the commercial where the guy is really smart in a topic he normally doesn't know and he announces that he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

chefmeg said:
it is a commercial from a few years back....a guy jumps in to act like a doctor and starts barking orders and someone says "thanks, Doc". He replies "I am not a doctor, but I DID stay at a Holiday Inn last night!"

We are supposed to believe that a good nights rest can make you feel able to do anything!

Ohhhh! Well, then that's funny! :) LOL

Teresa Lynn said:
HMMPPPHHH! what some people won't do for attention. Guess she just wanted new friends to play with her tonight but we know they wouldn't be as witty and charming as what she had last night

seriously, glad you are home take care i'm off to Bunco soon.

Okay, you lost me- must be something in all that barium I drank today or in the dye they shot in my viens.... Or the lack of sleep, or going without food for 8 hours...LOL

Kitchen Diva said:
Ohhhh! Well, then that's funny! :) LOL

Yeah, only I can tell a joke that someone finally gets almost 24 hours later! :cry:

That's not as bad as my groaner today...
I was in the van with DH driving to pick up his truck...he had the radio on where they were talking about a barn where the hay spontaneously combusted. They proceeded to say that they safely got the 180 cows out. I said, "What's hard about that? You walk in the barn and say MOOOOOOOOVE!"

DH thought it was so bad he couldn't even force a groan! :D

Kitchen Diva said:
Okay, you lost me- must be something in all that barium I drank today or in the dye they shot in my viens.... Or the lack of sleep, or going without food for 8 hours...LOL

She was just teasing you because there were no conclusive results that you did it for attention...and laughing at how crazy we were last night...just another joke.

Weren't you in on the CS mafia thread maybe its my headache!!Sorry, i thought we were on that thread together

thanks Janet, I thought it made sense when I typed it It WASN"T Meant to be mean

<H2>1. What happened to Kacey and why is she in the hospital?</H2><p>Kacey is currently at her MD's office, which is attached to the hospital, resting in a recliner and waiting for a CT scan. Her white cell count was normal, but her doctors suspect that she may have appendicitis.</p><H2>2. Is Kacey going to have surgery?</H2><p>Kacey's doctors are still waiting for the results of her CT scan, but it is very likely that she will need to have her appendix removed.</p><H2>3. How is Kacey feeling?</H2><p>Kacey is currently resting in a recliner and reading a magazine. She is with her husband, who is supporting her during this time. We are all sending our thoughts and prayers to lift her up.</p><H2>4. When will we know more about Kacey's condition?</H2><p>As soon as Kacey's doctors have the results of her CT scan, we will have a better understanding of her condition and what steps need to be taken next.</p><H2>5. How can we support Kacey during this time?</H2><p>Please continue to keep Kacey in your thoughts and prayers. We also encourage you to send her well wishes and messages of support during this difficult time.</p>

Related to Kitchen Diva Update: Kacey's Hospital Stay and Possible Appendix Removal

1. What happened to Kacey and why is she in the hospital?

Kacey is currently at her MD's office, which is attached to the hospital, resting in a recliner and waiting for a CT scan. Her white cell count was normal, but her doctors suspect that she may have appendicitis.

2. Is Kacey going to have surgery?

Kacey's doctors are still waiting for the results of her CT scan, but it is very likely that she will need to have her appendix removed.

3. How is Kacey feeling?

Kacey is currently resting in a recliner and reading a magazine. She is with her husband, who is supporting her during this time. We are all sending our thoughts and prayers to lift her up.

4. When will we know more about Kacey's condition?

As soon as Kacey's doctors have the results of her CT scan, we will have a better understanding of her condition and what steps need to be taken next.

5. How can we support Kacey during this time?

Please continue to keep Kacey in your thoughts and prayers. We also encourage you to send her well wishes and messages of support during this difficult time.

Back